Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#180109 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people occur in nature every day, so that argument is a bit silly.
No one will EVER say that having a loving Mother and Father is a wonderful thing.
Same sex couples marrying will not prevent one straight couple from raising kids. So you have nothing to fear.
But that's completely outside the argument for marriage, isn't it? NO ONE is talking about ripping all of the children out of gay couple's homes, now are they? No one is proposing sterilizing all gay folks, or preventing all adoption.
So gay folks will continue to have and to raise kids, just as they do now.
You can argue anything you like about parenting, but parenting isn't at issue here.
The only question is whether or not you can prove that marriage will NOT be beneficial to gay couples and their kids, or that allowing gay couples to marry will harm other people and THEIR kids.
Nothing else is relevant.
So, keep trying.
No one is talking about ripping gay couples apart.

The question is why you demand a distinct relationship be equated with one it does not qualify for. Or that children missing a parental setting where one gender and at least one natural parent is missing must be equated with a natural family.

Those are the demands of denial. Never a good thing.

It is simply a fact that marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples don't qualify.

Furthermore, we are protecting the natural and best setting for family. It deserves a special designation, which is why it does.

Smile.
Coffers emptyed

Monrovia, CA

#180110 Feb 17, 2013
Glendora, California was a very BAD city and it's officialas are still doing BAD things.

The late Richard McKee, a chemistry professor and open government advocate, showed me how the law can be used to help citizens monitor how their elected leaders do their jobs.

Glendora really didn't cleanup hteir act, instead they got into more trouble and used tax payers dollars to pay for their criminal activites.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#180111 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
You have one mother. That is simply a scientific fact.
Children have one father and one mother. That's it.
Diverse gendered spouses are clearly not the same as redumbant gendered couples. As to human relationships, you can't have more distinct relationships.
Do you read what you write???
Snicker.
A child has one biological parent of each gender.

However, being a sperm or egg donor does not make one a Mother or a Father.

Parents are much more than genetic material, and THAT's the simple truth. There is not such thing as "diverse or redundant" spouses.

Only spouses.

Can't you think rationally?

Location hidden

#180112 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
You have one mother. That is simply a scientific fact.
Children have one father and one mother. That's it.
Diverse gendered spouses are clearly not the same as redumbant gendered couples. As to human relationships, you can't have more distinct relationships.
Do you read what you write???
Snicker.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
A child has one biological parent of each gender.
However, being a sperm or egg donor does not make one a Mother or a Father.
Parents are much more than genetic material, and THAT's the simple truth. There is not such thing as "diverse or redundant" spouses.
Only spouses.
Can't you think rationally?
One admission of neutered reality, and then all gay twirl. Do you see how twisted that is? Why is that necessary???

You have ONE mother and ONE father. Nothing changes that. Some are bad MOST are good. As a rule they are the best for the child compared to any other default setting.

I didn't say ""diverse or redundant" spouses" I said diverse or redumbant GENDERED couples. And there is ONLY those two options.

Why are you afraid of the pure truth?

Smile.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180113 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people have, and the verdict is in.
Marriage is a good thing. for those who value it. It's helpful to couples, good for their children, and provides support to the elderly. All good things for society.
And it does all these lovely things for gay couples in the SAME way it does them for straight couples.
And, yes, that IS a reason the smile.
Poly and incest people too!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#180114 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is talking about ripping gay couples apart.
The question is why you demand a distinct relationship be equated with one it does not qualify for. Or that children missing a parental setting where one gender and at least one natural parent is missing must be equated with a natural family.
Those are the demands of denial. Never a good thing.
It is simply a fact that marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples don't qualify.
Furthermore, we are protecting the natural and best setting for family. It deserves a special designation, which is why it does.
Smile.
How many SSM's have your opinions been able to prevent? This is why you're irrelevant.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180115 Feb 17, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Naw I just saw that you posted in the gay cafe. I knew you would show your true colors. That was a given. I was surprised at all the posts you made about me. In your head rent free. What a homophobic asshat
Your "friend" Jade says he doesn't even know you. Calls you Jizzybird like I do! And says I'm not a homophobe. What do you make of that Fruitloops?

I wonder if those other 200 "friends" of yours are as loyal.

Try and relax Fruitloops, go hunt homophobes somewhere else.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180116 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people occur in nature every day, so that argument is a bit silly.
No one will EVER say that having a loving Mother and Father is a wonderful thing.
Same sex couples marrying will not prevent one straight couple from raising kids. So you have nothing to fear.
But that's completely outside the argument for marriage, isn't it? NO ONE is talking about ripping all of the children out of gay couple's homes, now are they? No one is proposing sterilizing all gay folks, or preventing all adoption.
So gay folks will continue to have and to raise kids, just as they do now.
You can argue anything you like about parenting, but parenting isn't at issue here.
The only question is whether or not you can prove that marriage will NOT be beneficial to gay couples and their kids, or that allowing gay couples to marry will harm other people and THEIR kids.
Nothing else is relevant.
So, keep trying.
The government ripped 436 children out of their homes and away from their biological parents with no evidence of any abuse or crime except polygamy.

You think gay people have it bad? Marriage equality for everyone. Not just approved groups.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php...
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180117 Feb 17, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
How many SSM's have your opinions been able to prevent? This is why you're irrelevant.
Way to win converts! Tell him good stuff about same sex marriage like you started to do.

Marriage is good for society. All kinds of marriages. There is no "one" right way!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#180118 Feb 17, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "friend" Jade says he doesn't even know you. Calls you Jizzybird like I do! And says I'm not a homophobe. What do you make of that Fruitloops?
I wonder if those other 200 "friends" of yours are as loyal.
Try and relax Fruitloops, go hunt homophobes somewhere else.
In your head. Say I wonder if I can rent out the extra rooms

Location hidden

#180119 Feb 17, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to 'prevent' anything. I'm simply proving that there is no such thing as ss marriage.

Smile.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180120 Feb 17, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>In your head. Say I wonder if I can rent out the extra rooms
NE Jade wrote:

"Even though I find you an insufferable irritant on Topix, you at least irritate just for shits/giggles, and not just to be a homophobic ass like R1and that World's Bigot Loser!"

You only see what you want to see Fruitcake. Typical dope!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#180121 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to 'prevent' anything. I'm simply proving that there is no such thing as ss marriage.
Smile.
You've NEVER proven any such thing. You've only managed to prove it to yourself. Had you proven it, the Illinois Senate would have followed your advice.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#180122 Feb 17, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>...therefore, Regnerus' study did NOT make valid comparisons. Thank you.
What legitimate practical logical comparisons could be made? What family structure can be compared to children born to, and raised by, their own biological parents in a low conflict stable marital home? A SSC, male or female, raising a child from birth, are still two men or two women. Only one of the pair can be the bio parent. Shouldn't they be compared to other same sex pairs raising a child from birth where only one of that pair is the bio parent?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#180123 Feb 17, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
NE Jade wrote:
"Even though I find you an insufferable irritant on Topix, you at least irritate just for shits/giggles, and not just to be a homophobic ass like R1and that World's Bigot Loser!"
You only see what you want to see Fruitcake. Typical dope!
LOOOOOSER, its a darn shame you have to resort to making up quotes.
post the link dick.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180124 Feb 17, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
post the link dick.
Here you go nuttycake!

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TK0EA9RFQ...
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#180126 Feb 17, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
post the link dick.
It's a darn shame you have to resort to making up 200 friends. And creating troll threads where they all vote the way you want.

Talk about a loser! Grow up you silly jackass!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#180127 Feb 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What family structure can be compared to children born to, and raised by, their own biological parents in a low conflict stable marital home?
You do live in never never land, doncha?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#180128 Feb 17, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
You do live in never never land, doncha?
I thought Peter Pan lived there? Or maybe it was Michael Jackson.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#180129 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It also links mothers to mothers in a marriage

Oh like mothers to thier mothers, the children's grandmother.
and fathers to fathers withing a marriage,
Fathers to their fathers, the children's grandfather.
and parents to their children, and children to the parents that raise them.
Oh like two adult brothers who raise thier children?
It also links spouse to spouse, in the same way that marriage links spouse to spouse, and for the same reasons, while providing toe same beneficial protections that strengthens families.
So it links male spouse to female spouse, to female spouse, to female spouse, and to female spouse. It would strenghten that family too. Kody Brown and the Sister Wives thank their lesbian sisters, and gay brothers, for their support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 45 min Bucketeers 7,967
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr do it here 16,011
Why Is There So Much Racial Tension In Hemet? (Oct '08) 13 hr sax 193
HemetFor now, judge won't block Hemet fire switch Mon EastEndResident 1
HemetHEMET: Firefighters want voters decide dep... Mon EastEndResident 3
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
Diamond valley middle school Sep 25 Hopeing this is n... 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Jobs

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]