Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
156,881 - 156,900 of 200,346 Comments Last updated 53 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We shouldn't take advantage of volunteers, not everyone qualifies for combat operations.
<quoted text>Women have failed combat training courses for years, they can't meet the physical standards. They are more prone to injury too. Don't harm women by forcing them to the same standards as men, have separate units for females and males. Give our volunteers personal space, don't force them to be your social experiment.
<quoted text>It's our choice, women in combat units, alongside men, is wrong. It hurts our military, causes death and injury to male and female troops and harms moral. Let's treat our bravest with human dignity and not ask them to suffer the indignities of war alongside our daughters, wives, mothers and sisters. Stop the madness!
Women have already been fighting and dying on the front lines in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think it is time we recognized them.

Your assumptions are totally wrong, there are women who are qualified, who already have shown their bravery and commitment and have given their lives in defense of our nation.

We are not asking them too, they chose the military, volunteers, and I am proud of them.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I can imagine your wedding, if only people knew what you have been saying here.
I can see your sister diving to avoid the bouquet
I don't want to marry my sister, but It want to discuss incest marriage.

You don't want to marry a man but you want to discuss same sex marriage.

We both want to discuss marriage equality, the difference is you want to censor me and I don't want to censor you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to marry my sister, but It want to discuss incest marriage.
You don't want to marry a man but you want to discuss same sex marriage.
We both want to discuss marriage equality, the difference is you want to censor me and I don't want to censor you.
I donít particularly care what you want to discuss or not

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text> He is against same sex marriage, and is using poly marriage as an argument to deflect the topic.
Yeah, Frankie is just a troll flying under false colors. He's against gay marriage, but realizes he doesn't have a good argument against it. So, he pretends he's for it, and floods the forum with posts about polygamy as a distraction. I'm sure there are forums on Topix about polygamy. How much you wanna bet he hasn't made a single post in any of them?
Smackers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

The inland California continued to show the highest rates of foreclosure activity, while coastal California saw foreclosures decline.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít particularly care what you want to discuss or not
Yeah right.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Frankie is just a troll flying under false colors. He's against gay marriage, but realizes he doesn't have a good argument against it. So, he pretends he's for it, and floods the forum with posts about polygamy as a distraction. I'm sure there are forums on Topix about polygamy. How much you wanna bet he hasn't made a single post in any of them?
I support same sex marriage. Despite people like you.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You only see what you want to see, typical bigot. I have plenty of posts expressing my support for same sex marriage.

I have no need to prove my allegiance to you, Big D or the rainbow club. If you think I'm trying to trick you, that's your problem, you're paranoid and very silly.

Now let's hear your best argument against polygamy Miss Thing. And tell me why three adult men should not be allowed to marry.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave up trying to have a conversation with the fool. Now I just bust his nads. He is just to stupid to see it. Good news Ill will most likely allow same sex marriage by summer. Enjoy Rose

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's hear your best argument against polygamy .
The possibility that you could reproduce on a larger scale.

The fact that you could spread STD's to multiple unsuspecting spouses?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jazybird58" wrote:
"This is to damn easy, I almost feel bad for my actions. But hey Frankiee is an asshat, and requires my attention, its the right thing to do. The fool does not understand that all he need do is click the big red x and go bye bye. Nope day after day he returns so I can beat him about the head and shoulders. Now I Ask you, the voting public, Am I wrong for doing it?"
I know, it was a great post. Thanks in advance

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
Poor jazybirdy58 will soon be running to the mods whining and crying Frankie is so mean! And I'll have to change my name again.
Meanwhile jazybird's jackass registered profile never gets banished! Funny that.
Banished! Disappeared. Like in some cheesy third world banana republic! You must be proud.
Stop violating the TOS then you won't get banned. I don't go to the mods, nor do I report posts.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>The possibility that you could reproduce on a larger scale.
The fact that you could spread STD's to multiple unsuspecting spouses?
Troll.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it was a great post. Thanks in advance
It was a troll post. And right after you gave me a lecture on topix T.O.S. too. Which of course was my point. That you are too stupid to realize.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jazybird58 wrote:
"157 people, 157 individuals all think the same thing, your an asshat. Atta boy"
Hey Frankie, your vote total is now over 200. Yes that's right over 200 individuals consider you, Frankie, the biggest asshat on topix. I am just happy to have helped.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jazybird58 wrote:
LOL I know, trouble frankiee is stoooopid. He cant fathom that so many people consider hin a moron.
And it goes on and on and on...!
Yet you still do not understand how a poll works. Amazing..........

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll.
Hello Mr Kettle
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop violating the TOS then you won't get banned. I don't go to the mods, nor do I report posts.
Same to you jackass. If I went to the mods, your troll post against me would have been removed.

I am not so desperately angry or vindictive as you are to make a troll post against you but if I was I bet it wouldn't last a day before SOMEONE got their feelings hurt and whined.

You are a childish jerk. And a troll with no argument or substance.

Hope that helps.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you still do not understand how a poll works. Amazing..........
I know how a poll works. It doesn't work by you expecting us to believe the results. You are trying to tell us over 200 people know me and have voted against me. I call bullsh!t on your silly rigged kindergarten "poll". Grow up jerk.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Frankie, your vote total is now over 200. Yes that's right over 200 individuals consider you, Frankie, the biggest asshat on topix. I am just happy to have helped.
That's credible, would you list their names please? No hanging chad!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 58 min cathyjudy 2,252
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) 5 hr i want one 3
New to Hemet; Impression (Aug '12) 7 hr love hemet 15
good restaurants in Hemet (Jan '11) 7 hr love mickey ds 127
25 most dangerous citys in Us. (Nov '10) 7 hr senior center 27
hemet fireworks? (Jul '09) 7 hr no fireworks 33
HEMET: 28 jailed in sweep of parolees, probatio... 7 hr goguy 1
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs