Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,830)

Showing posts 156,581 - 156,600 of199,085
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditionally men quarter with men and women with women regardless of sexual orientation in the US military.
When I was in Vietnam, I served side by side with one of the bravest men I ever met. He happened to be gay. We slept in the same compartment aboard ship. This was in the days when if someone was suspected of being gay, he disappeared. Discharged and gone and no one hardly even asked why. Many of us knew. No one said a word about it.
Barring gays from the military was always just plain stupid if you ask me. We need all the help we can get and so what if he's secretly eyeballing your willy! At least someone wants you!
Your one experience overrules all other situations?

Do you know the rape/abuse issues that have arisen since women have moved into more positions?

Do you know about the unwanted 'pillow fights' a gay Congressman conducted in the Navy?

I made no assertion anyone was not brave.

I pointed out the discrimination of orientation segregation for heterosexuals. That is simply a fact.

I pointed out the issue of sexual behavior risking military competency. That is simply a fact.

I pointed out that standards were lowered/ignored to satisfy politically 'correct' stupidity.

Thank you for your service.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gender segregation marriage can harm man/woman relations by introducing a new standard of gender prejudice in marriage.

Down with disunion and separatism. Marriage isn't for everyone, same sex couples have more in common with singles than with married husband and wife.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You can. But first you'd have to divorce your brother, gaywad.
No I can't Einstein.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
They already have marriage equality. Whoever they are, they are treated equally when it comes to marriage.
Do you really not understand that I can say the same STUPID thing about same sex marriage?

Homosexuals already are treated equally when it comes to marriage, they can marry the one opposite sex partner of their choice JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

What possible objection do you have to three women marrying? Why is it your business and why do you want it illegal?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I can't Einstein.
Hey hey hey Albert, did you look at your vote totals today??? NICE
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah. Sure, it works for you but I don't like to have sex with guys.
U are a gullable homo, I'm not from L.A. you idiot lol
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your one experience overrules all other situations?
Do you know the rape/abuse issues that have arisen since women have moved into more positions?
Do you know about the unwanted 'pillow fights' a gay Congressman conducted in the Navy?
I made no assertion anyone was not brave.
I pointed out the discrimination of orientation segregation for heterosexuals. That is simply a fact.
I pointed out the issue of sexual behavior risking military competency. That is simply a fact.
I pointed out that standards were lowered/ignored to satisfy politically 'correct' stupidity.
Thank you for your service.
I don't like the government using the military for social experiments I'll agree with you there, it's not the place for it.

But I have no objection at all to homosexuals serving openly in the military. In my experience they make fine soldiers, airmen and sailors.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
God made Big D and Bruno!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Better than from a test tube like you Pizzo boi ...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditionally men quarter with men and women with women regardless of sexual orientation in the US military.
When I was in Vietnam, I served side by side with one of the bravest men I ever met. He happened to be gay. We slept in the same compartment aboard ship. This was in the days when if someone was suspected of being gay, he disappeared. Discharged and gone and no one hardly even asked why. Many of us knew. No one said a word about it.
Barring gays from the military was always just plain stupid if you ask me. We need all the help we can get and so what if he's secretly eyeballing your willy! At least someone wants you!
For this post you get lemons, red Xs, and spam!
I'll go in the right direction and thank you for your service to this fine country.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go in the right direction and thank you for your service to this fine country.
You're welcome! Them, not so much.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than from a test tube like you Pizzo boi ...
http://www.rleeermey.com/sounds/dirtbag.wav
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I
I wouldn't have it any other way. I get bad judge-its and hostility from both sides, lets me know I'm on target! I hit the sweet spot!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How intelligent is it for government to decide husbands and fathers are disposable and marriage can be gender segregated without harming diversity and integration? What's the point of forcing government to become gender blind and refuse to distinguish between brother and sister, mother and father or husband and wife? Same sex marriage is unintelligent.
Brian, you do make up a bunch of toss. The gubbamint ain't deciding fathers and husbands are disposable. As far as the gender segregation bit, you're blowing things all out of proportion. 2%, Brian, 2%. Mountain out of a mole hill. No one is refusing to distinguish between brother, father, husband, wife, sister, mother, amoeba, duck billed platypus, etc. I'll still be my wife's husband, my mother and father (RIP dad) will still be my mother and father, and my brothers' children will still have me for an uncle. Nothing, not one tiny little bit, will change for those of us who happen to be heterosexual.

You keep making these allegations yet you don't show any substance to back them up. I asked you, repeatedly, to back up your assertions and you fail miserably. The ONLY time you've attempted to back them up you proved yourself wrong. That would be all those forced marriages occuring in prisons in Canada. Remember that, Brian? Nada, zip, zilch, your fears are irrational and unfounded. They're based upon allegations without proof, now that is unintelligent.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How intelligent is it for government to decide husbands and fathers are disposable and marriage can be gender segregated without harming diversity and integration? What's the point of forcing government to become gender blind and refuse to distinguish between brother and sister, mother and father or husband and wife? Same sex marriage is unintelligent.
So, when are members of pro sports teams going to be forced to marry each other in states with gay marriage? You said that would happen!
Speaking of unintelligent!
LOLSER!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Gender segregation marriage can harm man/woman relations by introducing a new standard of gender prejudice in marriage.
You're forte is stringing a few words together in a feeble attempt to sound intelligent whilst being really thick.
Brian_G wrote:
Down with disunion and separatism. Marriage isn't for everyone, same sex couples have more in common with singles than with married husband and wife.
Of course marriage isn't for everyone. I know plenty of folks, straight and gay, that aren't married and have no desire to get married. That doesn't mean they're single, several are in devoted relationships. Which isn't the same as being single at all, regardless of the gender of the couple. Down with ignorant sloganeering.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>True...right now. Of course no gay in their right mind would file suit against a Church until it's legal in all States. The cause comes first, I'm talking about the future.
Do you think the First Amendment will be tossed? What are you nuts?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Neil Andblowme", kneel and blow me!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think my salad would be tossed if I was in New Joisey near your house!
jamest

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

All the donut puncher need rights!
Pod People

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Must be another rain storm of idiot "out of towners posters."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,581 - 156,600 of199,085
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Ronald 4,554
ANTI-ABORTION: Roe v Wade commemorations in Hem... 4 hr NoahRS 4
sad sad sad:/ 5 hr Right 10
Single men in Hemet 18 hr mesohh 7
Recall papers served on 3 Hemet council members Thu Hemet is good 16
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) Thu Hemet is great 31
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Activity 15,657
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••