Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
156,541 - 156,560 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmm....can't say that it doesn't have any merit.....perhaps the gov't could issue a "relationship coupon" good for one relationship of one's choice complete with gov't benefits. Kody uses his for wife number 1, she uses it for wife #2, who in turn uses it for wife #3. That would help the fundamentalist Mormons.
I don't think it'd fly though.. Let's just keep marriage as a conjugal union of husband and wife. But we'll use the civil union concept for non conjugal marital unions. Everybody wins. Thanks for the idea Big D.
Of course Big D's plan is stupid. His first job to initiate it would be to tell all the gay married couples that he's downgrading their marriages to civil unions. I'd love to see how that works out for him!

Then of course he'll have to sell it to all the hetero married couples.

Big D is a simplistic dummy and we can safely dismiss his views on the subject as naivety and dopiness.

I don't mean to be so rude, it's just that he is insignificant.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
Let's just keep marriage as a conjugal union of husband and wife. But we'll use the civil union concept for non conjugal marital unions. Everybody wins. Thanks for the idea Big D.
That ship has sailed..... sorry.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Lawsuits idiot! Just like the Boy Scouts. Churches would have their tax exemption taken away if they discriminate against gays being married and sued.
What a liar.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
That ship has sailed..... sorry.
Yes! And soon other ships will sail too. In it's wake.

Oh that's right! Those ships are "illegal"! So that can't happen. Silly me.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar.
What a jackass!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar.
Yeah we have noticed that
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Big D's plan is stupid. His first job to initiate it would be to tell all the gay married couples that he's downgrading their marriages to civil unions. I'd love to see how that works out for him!
Then of course he'll have to sell it to all the hetero married couples.
Big D is a simplistic dummy and we can safely dismiss his views on the subject as naivety and dopiness.
I don't mean to be so rude, it's just that he is insignificant.
Yes, I have heard that from Gay friends of mine, they didnt like the idea either.

But I still think it would solve all the issues

It wont happen I know... it is a shame
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have heard that from Gay friends of mine, they didnt like the idea either.
But I still think it would solve all the issues
It wont happen I know... it is a shame
I call bullsh!t, you don't have any gay friends.

Another dopey fake Big D story.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Lawsuits idiot! Just like the Boy Scouts. Churches would have their tax exemption taken away if they discriminate against gays being married and sued.
Not true.

Churches have always had the right to turn away anyone for any reason.

The states that already have marriage equality have stated that churches are under no obligation whatever to marry people.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
Churches have always had the right to turn away anyone for any reason.
The states that already have marriage equality have stated that churches are under no obligation whatever to marry people.
True...right now. Of course no gay in their right mind would file suit against a Church until it's legal in all States. The cause comes first, I'm talking about the future.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bullsh!t, you don't have any gay friends.
Another dopey fake Big D story.
He's a sad old man that lives in the past thinking he is smarter then everyone else. He hates to be challenged.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.....Dusty, your response.
My response, you and your fellow troll are trying to kill the forum by flooding it with red herring posts. Guess you know there is no real argument against gay marriage, and that is why you are doing it. Your fellow troll is clearly flying under false colors, and is really against gay marriage, just like you are.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
My response, you and your fellow troll are trying to kill the forum by flooding it with red herring posts. Guess you know there is no real argument against gay marriage, and that is why you are doing it. Your fellow troll is clearly flying under false colors, and is really against gay marriage, just like you are.
Too funny!

Is that your best argument against equal rights? Anyone advocating them for groups you don't approve of is a fake?

Tell the judge. "Your honor, we should deny them rights because they're fakes, they don't really want them thy're just trying to trick us!" Hopefully he'll lock up your dumbass for contempt. Cool your jets for 30 days!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>He's a sad old man that lives in the past thinking he is smarter then everyone else. He hates to be challenged.
Boy does he! Must be rough on the grand kids.

We can only hope he doesn't teach them his hate and ignorance about a loving committed family of more than two spouses.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really....you don't seem to complain for your rights when your genitals prevent u from marrying your brother, sister, mother, father, first cousin in some states? They don't matter then. What no genitsl reference in the constitution?
LOL. So desperate to talk about anything but gay marriage. Why is that?
Pietro Armando wrote:
You're a trollette...sounds like smurfette although she's much better looking. There's not one compelling argument for it.
Other than equal rights, no.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Not one compelling reason why marriage after thousands of years of human societal evolution, cross time and cross culturally, as a male female union, has to be redefined.
No reason other than equal rights.
Pietro Armando wrote:
How the heck in the name of God you say doesn't exist, did our society survive into the 21st century under the quaint notion of marriage as a union of husband and wife ORIENTATED around their sexual physical union, and the products of that union, children named Rosie?
Have men suddenly become pregnant? Women producing sperm?
Troll boy, you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Should women demand urinals in the women's bathrooms to demonstrate equality to men? Men's bathrooms demand feminine pad dispensing vending machines?
Must suck to be as stupid as you are.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

Would you like to give us your enlightened response Miss Thing?

And don't say because it's a fish.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! And soon other ships will sail too. In it's wake.
Oh that's right! Those ships are "illegal"! So that can't happen. Silly me.
You're right....the good ship Poly lop....everybody...all together now...."On the good ship Poly lop...it's a short trip to the equality shop...."
sona

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

hi friends

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Trollette

First I not "against gay marriage", if a same sex couple wish to marry so be it, they can find themselves a minister, priest, rabbi, imam, temple priestess, etc. and marry, that doesn't mean the state has to, or should, legally designate the relationship as marriage. Second I believe the state should offer some form of legal framework for SSCs or others, that doesn't require fundamentally altering the understanding of marriage as the conjugal union of husband and wife. Lastly, whine and complain all you want, but Kody and his ladies are knocking on the marriage equality clubhouse door. Are ya gonna let them in, or ignore the obvious hypocrisy in ignoring them, and their parallel quest for legal recognition?
sona

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

anybody is online now who want 2 chat wid me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 22 min Rob Whitey 26
Hemet wife beaters 1 hr bigdave 1
Devin F you're my secret crush! 11 hr weird 7
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) 12 hr Riverside Dave 129
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr Fly right 4,893
Now what? Mon apt crime 8
hemet police not doing their job Mon hpd great 25
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 2:18AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000