Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,805)

Showing posts 156,081 - 156,100 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fitts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Why bother they don't read anyway.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Filibustering? For weeks and weeks we have to put up with your single minded obsessions ( months on a previous obsession ), and you talk about others filibustering?
Is there any end to your hypocrisy?
I have noticed you hate most in others what is particularly true about yourself.
Yeah! Of course I remember your "Clinton was impeached, but not" schtick very well!

You used to go on and on about it. It was so silly! But of course you were just trying to cover up for your misunderstanding about the impeachment process.

But that was then. Now you're on to trying to justify your hypocrisy and bigotry against equality for people you don't like and failing as badly as you were then.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so stupid, to think that it is your decision to make, about what is an issue, and what is not... It is not. And people DO have the same rights, male or female. Why lie and claim otherwise ? Do you think that it makes you right ? It doesn't.. And you shouldn't make fun of people, as you are an 80% abortion yourself...
Looks like the abortionist got your face!

And stupid, a man can't marry a man, but a woman can. That's not equal.
A woman can marry a man, but a man can't, again, not equal.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not, you're a defective, obtuse clown to even ask that...
Let Brian_G know that. He flat out stated that if gay marriage is legal, it will mean that members of professional sports teams will be forced to marry each other against their wills. I was just asking him if they would have to be on the same team.
Robert

Laguna Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

When the majority votes in favor of something it's called a law. Funny how a couple of VERY liberal judges can undo what MOST of us want, to protect the institution of marriage. Guess that's makes me every four-letter word in the book.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheer diversion, as you were replying to my post about the poly issue. Same as if I asked you for the time and you told me that Swiss watches were made in Switzerland...How about the post that you replied to, about the same argument covering the polygamists, though ? A few years ago, we heard the same arguments that you use against the poly's being used against the gays...And that changed quick, no ?
Big D refuses to discuss it, declaring it off topic and an obsession.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Robert wrote:
When the majority votes in favor of something it's called a law. Funny how a couple of VERY liberal judges can undo what MOST of us want, to protect the institution of marriage. Guess that's makes me every four-letter word in the book.
Robert, Robert, Robert, stick your head down by Kimare's crotch and listen to me. When people VOTE to deny rights to others, that's wrong. All of these state votes will be overturned, because the majority doesn't get to determine the rights if the minority. That's why we have a constitution.

FYI, you're not every 4 letter word in the book; you're just a few of the more choice ones.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Robert wrote:
Well, one four letter word you are is "dumb".
First of all, we don't just vote on everything. We have systems of checks and balances that insure the rights of the minority are protected from the tyranny of the majority. Protect marriage? You want divorce outlawed?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The decline of the power of religion in America is what has made Same Sex marriage possible, and you call that off topic hypocrite
I am not complaining, I am laughing at you complaining about others being off topic.
You mean the moral decline of America. A classic historical process. Your bigotry blinded you to the real picture.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, one four letter word you are is "dumb".
First of all, we don't just vote on everything. We have systems of checks and balances that insure the rights of the minority are protected from the tyranny of the majority. Protect marriage? You want divorce outlawed?
Hardly. The law and the Constitution are being manipulated. Our founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the moral decline of America. A classic historical process. Your bigotry blinded you to the real picture.
Smile.
The sky is falling, Henny. At least I'll be saved as your body m ass will absorb the shock.
Bad Weather

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Loks like the bad weather has blown more BS back into the faces of the ANGRY CRAZY RIGHT WING NUTS TODAY.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Bad Weather wrote:
Loks like the bad weather has blown more BS back into the faces of the ANGRY CRAZY RIGHT WING NUTS TODAY.
Aw shuddup you SILLY JACKASS!
Passive

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I guess wqe can put Holthaus down as one of those who would stand by and watch rather than stand up and say something.

So many have stood on the sideline and let more damage take place to the city of Glendora, California.

Spinless people will prase the dangerous and belittle the weak and unprotected. Just ask B.K. Holthaus he knows what I'm talking about.

B.K. Holthaus

I hope this is a step in the right direction to keep those who whine about every little thing in our city quiet for a while at least!

Count your blessings!

B.K. Holthaus

It means celebrate what you DO have and think less about what you don't have.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup you SILLY JACKASS!
Way to go Flunkie, man are you collecting some votes. WOW I told you about the poll. 15 votes and rising.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Robert wrote:
But, of course, you don't get to vote away the basic civil rights of other Americans without a valid state reason.

If you choose to try that, expect such a vote to be overturned by the courts.

That's part of what they were created for.

And, how is banning lot's of good people from marrying going to "protect marriage"? That reasoning appears completely illogical.

It's not good for them. It's not good for their families. It's not good for their kids. And less security for couples, families, and kids is NOT good for society.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Passive wrote:
I guess wqe can put Holthaus .......
Stalker much?

Glendora is a nice little town, but your odd personal rants are tarnishing it's image. Most of the folks I now there aren't crazy.
X3 helicopter

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eurocopter X3 helicopter
Others have tried

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I guess we can put Holthaus down as one of those who would stand by and watch rather than stand up and say something.

So many have stood on the sideline and let more damage take place to the city of Glendora, California.

Spinless people will prase the dangerous and belittle the weak and unprotected. Just ask B.K. Holthaus he knows what I'm talking about.

B.K. Holthaus

I hope this is a step in the right direction to keep those who whine about every little thing in our city quiet for a while at least!

It means celebrate what you DO have and think less about what you don't have.

I wonder if he was ever on one of those special lists?

What do you say now Holthaus, no statue of limitations, if you were I'd keep your mouth shut and move out of Glendora real quick.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Way to go Flunkie, man are you collecting some votes. WOW I told you about the poll. 15 votes and rising.
Great argument Fruitloops! Your best one yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,081 - 156,100 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 22 min Drifting to sleep 4,558
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Beheheh 15,658
ANTI-ABORTION: Roe v Wade commemorations in Hem... 13 hr NoahRS 4
sad sad sad:/ 15 hr Right 10
Single men in Hemet Thu mesohh 7
Recall papers served on 3 Hemet council members Thu Hemet is good 16
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) Thu Hemet is great 31
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••