Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,186

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Passive

Monrovia, CA

#178991 Feb 8, 2013
I guess wqe can put Holthaus down as one of those who would stand by and watch rather than stand up and say something.

So many have stood on the sideline and let more damage take place to the city of Glendora, California.

Spinless people will prase the dangerous and belittle the weak and unprotected. Just ask B.K. Holthaus he knows what I'm talking about.

B.K. Holthaus

I hope this is a step in the right direction to keep those who whine about every little thing in our city quiet for a while at least!

Count your blessings!

B.K. Holthaus

It means celebrate what you DO have and think less about what you don't have.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#178992 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup you SILLY JACKASS!
Way to go Flunkie, man are you collecting some votes. WOW I told you about the poll. 15 votes and rising.

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#178993 Feb 8, 2013
Robert wrote:
When the majority votes in favor of something it's called a law. Funny how a couple of VERY liberal judges can undo what MOST of us want, to protect the institution of marriage. Guess that's makes me every four-letter word in the book.
But, of course, you don't get to vote away the basic civil rights of other Americans without a valid state reason.

If you choose to try that, expect such a vote to be overturned by the courts.

That's part of what they were created for.

And, how is banning lot's of good people from marrying going to "protect marriage"? That reasoning appears completely illogical.

It's not good for them. It's not good for their families. It's not good for their kids. And less security for couples, families, and kids is NOT good for society.

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#178995 Feb 8, 2013
Passive wrote:
I guess wqe can put Holthaus .......
Stalker much?

Glendora is a nice little town, but your odd personal rants are tarnishing it's image. Most of the folks I now there aren't crazy.
X3 helicopter

Monrovia, CA

#178996 Feb 8, 2013
Eurocopter X3 helicopter
Others have tried

Monrovia, CA

#178997 Feb 8, 2013
I guess we can put Holthaus down as one of those who would stand by and watch rather than stand up and say something.

So many have stood on the sideline and let more damage take place to the city of Glendora, California.

Spinless people will prase the dangerous and belittle the weak and unprotected. Just ask B.K. Holthaus he knows what I'm talking about.

B.K. Holthaus

I hope this is a step in the right direction to keep those who whine about every little thing in our city quiet for a while at least!

It means celebrate what you DO have and think less about what you don't have.

I wonder if he was ever on one of those special lists?

What do you say now Holthaus, no statue of limitations, if you were I'd keep your mouth shut and move out of Glendora real quick.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178998 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Way to go Flunkie, man are you collecting some votes. WOW I told you about the poll. 15 votes and rising.
Great argument Fruitloops! Your best one yet.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178999 Feb 8, 2013
Bad Weather wrote:
Loks like the bad weather has blown more BS back into the faces of the ANGRY CRAZY RIGHT WING NUTS TODAY.
Your town sucks!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#179000 Feb 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> Po
Your arguments suck, but not in the good way. SSM Is legal in many places
And its not legal in far more places than it is.
and it will soon be legal throughout the entire country.
May be it will, maybe it won't.
You can't do a damn thing about it
Nor can you
but you still don't have to like it.
but you can still watch "Sister Wives"

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#179001 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The slippery slope argument against SAME SEX MARRIAGE is valid but inconsequential and no reason to deny rights. You seem to disagree?
Paisan

What the heck is real issue? Why don't SSM advocates embrace polygamy, or at least acknowledge that legal ssm will open the door to plural marriage? Are they so afraid of the backlash of public opinion, that they don't have the courage to admit this? This whole notion of "marriage equality" contains within it the acceptance and recognition of plural marriage relationships.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179003 Feb 8, 2013
Robert wrote:
When the majority votes in favor of something it's called a law....
Or majority discrimenation over the minority.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#179004 Feb 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Paisan
What the heck is real issue? Why don't SSM advocates embrace polygamy,...
There is no need for them to embrace it.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
...or at least acknowledge that legal ssm will open the door to plural marriage? Are they so afraid of the backlash of public opinion, that they don't have the courage to admit this?...
Actually, it's more of a "who cares?" thought. If SSM opens a door to Poly, so what?! Really, so what if it does?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
... This whole notion of "marriage equality" contains within it the acceptance and recognition of plural marriage relationships.
S o w h a t !? Non-issue, get over it.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#179005 Feb 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Paisan
What the heck is real issue? Why don't SSM advocates embrace polygamy, or at least acknowledge that legal ssm will open the door to plural marriage? Are they so afraid of the backlash of public opinion, that they don't have the courage to admit this? This whole notion of "marriage equality" contains within it the acceptance and recognition of plural marriage relationships.
By the way, straight marriage is leading to SSM. So if SSM leads to Poly, and you really, really don't want Poly then you should be arguing to get rid of the root cause which is staright marriage.

See how much credit that will buy you.

Then again, if you don't think straight marriage marriage leads to SSM then your whole fear about SSM leading to Poly is unfounded and a lie.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#179006 Feb 8, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or majority discrimenation over the minority.
Or the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179008 Feb 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Paisan
They're hypocrites. And they get real silly trying to hide it!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179009 Feb 8, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, straight marriage is leading to SSM. So if SSM leads to Poly, and you really, really don't want Poly then you should be arguing to get rid of the root cause which is staright marriage.
See how much credit that will buy you.
Then again, if you don't think straight marriage marriage leads to SSM then your whole fear about SSM leading to Poly is unfounded and a lie.
Of course, they are all marriage and they all deserve the same respect and consideration. Don't you agree?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179010 Feb 8, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for them to embrace it.
<quoted text>
Actually, it's more of a "who cares?" thought. If SSM opens a door to Poly, so what?! Really, so what if it does?
<quoted text>
S o w h a t !? Non-issue, get over it.
Tell the judge polygamy should not be allowed because it's a "non issue get over it" when it comes to court. See if it flies!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#179011 Feb 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. The law and the Constitution are being manipulated. Our founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves.
Yep. Women and non-white people can vote. It's against the law to murder natives. Slavery is illegal...
Let's 'em roll!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#179012 Feb 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Paisan
Since you don't have a good argument against gay marriage, you try to cloud the issue with the polygamy red herring. Why not start a forum on the topic of polygamy? Oh, yeah, you don't really give a damn about it.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179013 Feb 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't have a good argument against gay marriage, you try to cloud the issue with the polygamy red herring. Why not start a forum on the topic of polygamy? Oh, yeah, you don't really give a damn about it.
Why not start a thread on red herrings?! It's over in the fish forum!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... 20 hr lupita garcia 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS 21 hr Chris 10
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Tue Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Mon SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2
any Gay guys In San Jacinto Dec 22 Wyd700 4
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... Dec 20 mary 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match