Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,188

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#178513 Feb 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
This is why those closest to you ignore you;
On what basis is that the litmus test?
To equate gay couples to marriage, the first test is, "are they the same"? Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a defective blunder of evolution.
Effect isn't even relevant or provable. Especially your assertion that there will only be good effects. It is already obvious that children will be used (deliberately deprived of one parent and one gender) to satisfy gay couple fruitation desolation.
Moreover, marriage becomes less valid because it dilutes a unique relationship to 'friendship' and a 'contract'. In other words, any relationship a lawyer can contrive.
You are soooo embarrassing. It is stupidity like yours that caused me to salt and pepper my eggs and you this morning. I hope you are happy.
Snicker.
While I don't believe there's anything wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, I agree with the view of same sex marriage. It's not constitutional, it was imposed on the US by a court so it's also undemocratic. Many gay and lesbian activists are on our side and prefer referendum and legislation to the left's imperialistic secularism.

Morality makes a great personal value, but we need to discuss these issues in public. I oppose shutting down civil discourse.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#178514 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's plenty of evidence of same sex marriage affecting our prisons:
In the rest of North America, even prison systems are beginning to recognize and accommodate gay marriages. Canada allows same-sex prisoners to wed while still incarcerated..........
Brian, are you REALLY trying to argue that millions of law abiding gay people should never be able to marry, because you are afraid that criminals might marry?

How is that even remotely logical?

Why should ANY criminal's behavior dictate which basic civil rights that law abiding Americans can enjoy?

If you worry about prisoners, then work to ban all marriages while incarcerated. But it makes no sense to punish families and kids who have never broken the law, for the behaviors you fear from criminals.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#178515 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>While I don't believe there's anything wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, I agree with the view of same sex marriage. It's not constitutional, it was imposed on the US by a court so it's also undemocratic.......
We understand you firmly believe that, but there is no argument that marriage is deemed a basic civil and human right in our country.

When you wish to prevent a group from exercising a civil right, you must prove without a shadow of a doubt that their exercise of that right will harm themselves, others, and\or society.

There ARE no other arguments that are valid in these cases. Religious disapproval doesn't matter. Whether that group is liked or trusted doesn't matter.

We live in a free country, and sometimes that's messy. There will be people legally doing things that WE would never choose to do, and our disapproval alone is not a reason to changes laws to restrict other people's behavior.

There needs to be a concrete reason to do so.

And try as you might, you really can't find one here, and you know it. If you could, you wouldn't be grasping at straws.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178516 Feb 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why those closest to you ignore you;
On what basis is that the litmus test?
To equate gay couples to marriage, the first test is, "are they the same"? Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a defective blunder of evolution.
Effect isn't even relevant or provable. Especially your assertion that there will only be good effects. It is already obvious that children will be used (deliberately deprived of one parent and one gender) to satisfy gay couple fruitation desolation.
Moreover, marriage becomes less valid because it dilutes a unique relationship to 'friendship' and a 'contract'. In other words, any relationship a lawyer can contrive.
You are soooo embarrassing. It is stupidity like yours that caused me to salt and pepper my eggs and you this morning. I hope you are happy.
Snicker.
Is that any way to talk to your lesbian?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178517 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's plenty of evidence of same sex marriage affecting our prisons:
In the rest of North America, even prison systems are beginning to recognize and accommodate gay marriages. Canada allows same-sex prisoners to wed while still incarcerated. Last October, two male inmates of a federal penitentiary in Quebec province married in the prison chapel. It was the third gay marriage to be performed in a federal prison in Canada since gay marriage was recognized on the national level in July 2005.15 Canada permits “private family visits” for a broad range of relatives including same-sex couples, but the visitor cannot be another prisoner.16 In Mexico, the National Human Rights Commission ruled in February 2007 that conjugal visits must be allowed to same-sex couples on the same terms and conditions as are extended to straight couples, and Mexico City’s jail had its first same-sex partner conjugal visit the following July.17
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/displayArticl...
If you believe penitentiaries should be places for penitence instead of honeymoon romps and forced same sex marriage.
You're on the wrong thread, Brian. This thread deals with FREE people who still have all of their FREEDOMS and RIGHTS. Clearly, you're very passionate about homosexuality behind bars (unless that's just a smoke-screen for something else). Go start a new thread; I'm sure you'll have thousands upon thousands of people who will participate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#178519 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
In the rest of North America, even prison systems are beginning to recognize and accommodate gay marriages. Canada allows same-sex prisoners to wed while still incarcerated. Last October, two male inmates of a federal penitentiary in Quebec province married in the prison chapel. It was the third gay marriage to be performed in a federal prison in Canada since gay marriage was recognized on the national level in July 2005.15 Canada permits “private family visits” for a broad range of relatives including same-sex couples, but the visitor cannot be another prisoner.16 In Mexico, the National Human Rights Commission ruled in February 2007 that conjugal visits must be allowed to same-sex couples on the same terms and conditions as are extended to straight couples, and Mexico City’s jail had its first same-sex partner conjugal visit the following July.17
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/displayArticl...
If you believe penitentiaries should be places for penitence instead of honeymoon romps and forced same sex marriage.
What you point out about isn't exactly a rash of forced gay marriages, is it Brian?

Give us the ample evidence for the FORCED ones you keep bleating on about.

THREE marriages in Candadian Federal clinks since July 2005! OMG there's an epidemic! Sound the alarm! The ship is goin' down!

Oh, BTW, which of those three were shotgun weddings?

Ya see Brian, this is why people say you're dumb. They're not insulting you, just pointing out a fact.

I think it is time for you to put down that forced same sex marriage trumpet and find a new one. It appears to be obstructed.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#178521 Feb 6, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful, since rape is a control issue, and prison is filled with dysfunctional people... Personally, I am leaning towards isolation cells for the duration of the term of any rapists...

----------
Castration also cuts down on the hostility of a man.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178522 Feb 6, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
What you point out about isn't exactly a rash of forced gay marriages, is it Brian?
Give us the ample evidence for the FORCED ones you keep bleating on about.
THREE marriages in Candadian Federal clinks since July 2005! OMG there's an epidemic! Sound the alarm! The ship is goin' down!
Oh, BTW, which of those three were shotgun weddings?
Ya see Brian, this is why people say you're dumb. They're not insulting you, just pointing out a fact.
I think it is time for you to put down that forced same sex marriage trumpet and find a new one. It appears to be obstructed.
You should be happy at the opposition to gay marriage, look at them, the intellectual level they represent, how far into a barrel of total crap they have to scrape to try and come up with an argument against it.

This is why they have lost every case, this is why Prop 8 will be overturned. It is the quality ( or lack thereof ) of this opposing it, their immorality, their lack of any argument that makes this social change possible.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#178523 Feb 6, 2013
DorN wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Castration also cuts down on the hostility of a man.
That is if rapist in prison are castrated.
If same sex marriage in prison is legal, then some sexual frustration will be alleviated..

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#178524 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>While I don't believe there's anything wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, I agree with the view of same sex marriage. It's not constitutional, it was imposed on the US by a court so it's also undemocratic. Many gay and lesbian activists are on our side and prefer referendum and legislation to the left's imperialistic secularism.
Morality makes a great personal value, but we need to discuss these issues in public. I oppose shutting down civil discourse.
This little tidbit caught my attention, "It's not constitutional". I fail to see how Marriage Equality is unconstitutional. Can you explain that? The only thing I see in your post that could be remotely related to that statement is when you say, "it was imposed on the US by a court". Now that may be true in some cases, but it was also voted into being by legislatures, and by the people (witness recent elections). All three vehicles mentioned are ENTIRELY Constitutional, as far as I know. Can you point out how any of them are unconstitutional? I really look forward to your answer. Thanks.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#178525 Feb 6, 2013
The benefit to society of allowing gays to legally marry the person of their choice is that gay people will not have to marry straight people in order to receive the benefits of marriage.
As it is now many gay people do stay in the closet and marry straight people.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178526 Feb 6, 2013
DorN wrote:
The benefit to society of allowing gays to legally marry the person of their choice is that gay people will not have to marry straight people in order to receive the benefits of marriage.
As it is now many gay people do stay in the closet and marry straight people.
Or as Robeert Kline puts it... so they have the right to be miserable too.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#178527 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>While I don't believe there's anything wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, I agree with the view of same sex marriage. It's not constitutional, it was imposed on the US by a court so it's also undemocratic. Many gay and lesbian activists are on our side and prefer referendum and legislation to the left's imperialistic secularism.
Dear Brian, for some reason I feel you are full O crap. I remember you as well as Chief posting page after page on a thread that asked if Homosexuality was a sin. If I remember you thought it was and sick. Yet now its AOK.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178528 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Brian, for some reason I feel you are full O crap. I remember you as well as Chief posting page after page on a thread that asked if Homosexuality was a sin. If I remember you thought it was and sick. Yet now its AOK.
Where's your hat?
Queedioo

Monrovia, CA

#178529 Feb 6, 2013
With the times moving so fast what's a person to do?

Has there been a vote taken?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#178530 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Dear Brian, for some reason I feel you are full O crap. I remember you as well as Chief posting page after page on a thread that asked if Homosexuality was a sin. If I remember you thought it was and sick. Yet now its AOK.
The statement above is untrue; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. I've never discussed sin or written homosexuality is sick, those are Jazybird58'S words, not mine.

Many homosexuals believe in protecting male/female marriage too. Conservatism doesn't have a sexual orientation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178531 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The statement above is untrue; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. I've never discussed sin or written homosexuality is sick, those are Jazybird58'S words, not mine.
Many homosexuals believe in protecting male/female marriage too. Conservatism doesn't have a sexual orientation.
Even though I disagree with your position on same sex marriage I will back you up on that.

Your posts often state you have nothing against homosexuals, only same sex marriage.
Manne Quin

Monrovia, CA

#178532 Feb 6, 2013
Former California Highway Patrol lieutenant is looking at seriuos prison time for molested two underage relatives.

El Centro, California a jury on Feburary 05, 2013 Tuesday convicted 46-year-old John Swaim on four counts of lewd acts on a child under 14.

The female victims, who are related to Swaim, are now 17 and 20 years old.

Just activate the firing squad to save the California tax payers money.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178533 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The statement above is untrue; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. I've never discussed sin or written homosexuality is sick, those are Jazybird58'S words, not mine.
Protecting? I don’t understand, homosexual marriage does not attack heterosexual marriage in any way at all. There are over 18,0000 legal homosexual marriages in California now, It certainly did not hurt my marriage, how did it hurt yours?
SLO drugs

Monrovia, CA

#178534 Feb 6, 2013
A detective with the San Luis Obispo Police Department was arrested by the FBI.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/02/05/23827...

Small time police departments hate it when they are found out and arrested for playing fast and lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 2 hr jaeh 51
more section 8 housing coming soon 6 hr baby boomer 11
Cal Fire Sucks (Nov '11) 19 hr EastEndResidentnt 42
Finders Keepers Estate Sun Molly 1
FUBU Clothing Company is Racist (Oct '12) Oct 17 Daeavalis 45
Bob PratteHEMET: Huffing motive to air conditio... Oct 17 unknown 2
What makes Larry Smith tick? Oct 16 Rob Whitey 6

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match