Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,783)

Showing posts 155,641 - 155,660 of199,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gender segregated institutions would be forced to deal with same sex marriage among staff and inmates; consider the consequences. We already have too much prison rape; same sex marriage could bring much worse; forced prison marriage. In our prisons, regulations control behavior. Those rules were created to keep sex out of prisons by gender segregating inmates.
Consent is problematic, at best, among the imprisoned and institutionalized. Not all marriage is based on love, people marry for economic and social advantage too. Don't bring more harm than good, out of legitimate sympathy for gay couples. Use your head, not your heart or random other parts...
So, let us know when members of the Ravens will be forced to marry each other! You did claim that members of professional sports teams would be forced to marry each other.
Polixed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

What ever possed you to post something dum like that?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
He did. Next he'll counter with something entirely insane like "why don't you marry your gerbil while you're at it."
It never fails.
We just want to marry the person we love, and they have to bring in plural marriage because they have no argument against SSM, other than the fact that they find it "creepy"?
As for me, Kimare won't even let the missus look at me; he's afraid she'll turn lesbo when she sees me.
I'm sure that you are very funny in the real world, but not here... I said nothing about a gerbil, why would you ? Marriage is an institution that is reserved for 1 man and 1 woman. If we are to redefine marriage at all, why not alter the number of partners that are allowed ? Is it because your crowd doesn't care about true equality ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah "they" sure are jackasses! You can't marry gerbils. They're for butts! But you should be allowed to marry who you want.
You aren't insisting on the traditional, arbitrary and discriminatory number of two while at the same time insisting gender is irrelevant. Are you?
Yes, they are. These biased, low IQ types pretending to be intelligent make me laugh my ass off. Supposedly intelligent discussions with chimps, that's all this is. If they weren't so wrapped up in acting superior, they might be able to see the true nature of equality insists on absolute freedom of choice(s)...Even now, they argue that SSM is the only valid form of marriage that counts as discriminated against. Forget having them be fair and unbiased about incest.....Only need 2 partners for that....Fits their parameters...But they would call THAT creepy....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D only whines when he considers my posts off topic. He is my personal topix cop. Ever vigilant!
He attempts to censor my posts because he doesn't like me. And that's all he's got since he cannot effectively rebut my posts. He gets frustrated and angry. Too funny!
...Angry midgets are hilarious....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK!
No, you are wrong...You meant "hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha........hahaha "
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am giving you one last chance. I am defending you against Rose, so you best not rile it up!
Look, man, I like it when you dog Chongo, but as to riling it up ? Collossall hilarity there. If you could just stick to one side, you might earn a couple of supporters, but you paste everyone. so get what you give. I warned you about that before...stick to one side and enjoy some camaraderie...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am defending him from Rose!
Randy -Rock- Hudson: 50.
Largelanguage: 59.
Rose_Noho: 56.

I appreciate the effort, but I require no protection from Chongo. I would rather you picked one side and stuck to it...Chongo (rose_no_ho) is insane.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you aren't a child, as most kids would normally collapse after I've said those biting words! I will kill you off soon though!
But, please, you aren't going to kill anyone off.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are. These biased, low IQ types pretending to be intelligent make me laugh my ass off. Supposedly intelligent discussions with chimps, that's all this is. If they weren't so wrapped up in acting superior, they might be able to see the true nature of equality insists on absolute freedom of choice(s)...Even now, they argue that SSM is the only valid form of marriage that counts as discriminated against. Forget having them be fair and unbiased about incest.....Only need 2 partners for that....Fits their parameters...But they would call THAT creepy....
One man, one woman. Many SSM advocates insist the "man, women" part is irrelevant, but the "one" part is relevant. That seems hypocritical to me.

I support eliminating both restrictions. But they say I don't really, I am just trying to trick them!

The even more paranoid among them think I am a secret FUNDIE!

Too Funny!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gender segregated institutions would be forced to deal with same sex marriage among staff and inmates; consider the consequences. We already have too much prison rape; same sex marriage could bring much worse; forced prison marriage. In our prisons, regulations control behavior. Those rules were created to keep sex out of prisons by gender segregating inmates.
Consent is problematic, at best, among the imprisoned and institutionalized. Not all marriage is based on love, people marry for economic and social advantage too. Don't bring more harm than good, out of legitimate sympathy for gay couples. Use your head, not your heart or random other parts...
You keep repeating unfounded rubbish about forced same sex marriages in prison with out one shred of supporting evidence that they would actually happen. Once again, give us some supporting argument that they'd actually occur. Kindly refrain from using your usual methods (bumper sticker slogans).
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove this is marriage's most basic essence.....what is your source for this 'fact'?
Otherwise state it clearly as your personal opinion/ wishful thinking.
1: Marriage is not a "right", it's a benefit society gives to a certain class of people.

2: Society gives the benefits of marriage to heterosexual couples because long experience shows that marriage of heterosexual couples carries a great number of benefits to society (for example: it civilizes men, making them more productive, and less foolhardy (and therefore less destructive)(see lowered car insurance rates for young males who marry)).

3: There is no evidence that homosexual marriage provides similar benefits to society.

4: Following the age old principle that intelligent agreements give benefits to both sides, it is therefore not in society's interest to give homosexual couples benefits that they haven't "earned".

Marriage is a contract. It's a contract between the people getting married. It's also a contract between, that couple. and the State. Valid contracts require that both sides get benefits. What is the benefit to society of giving a marriage contract to homosexual couples?

Until that's answered, there's no rational reason to give homosexual couples such a contract.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, you are wrong...You meant "hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha........hahaha "
For a minute there I thought you were Janey Doody!

He laughs just like that except I don't think his laugh is a real laugh.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DorN wrote:
Same sex marriage in prison might cut down on prison rape.
Doubtful, since rape is a control issue, and prison is filled with dysfunctional people... Personally, I am leaning towards isolation cells for the duration of the term of any rapists...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it. I thought the answer would be because it feels good.
I don't get the one about lions licking their asses either.
Or the one about morons and children.
That's because there's nothing to get...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certifiably insane.
Hey, Bovis, that's funny, coming from you....Mr.(or is it Ms.?) "Hahahahaha..Etc.."
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly have NO idea who I am! Clearly just more of your wishful thinking....
<quoted text>
You are the dolt claiming your opinion is a 'basic fact' so you are the ONLY one who has any burden of proof. Get with it already....
<quoted text>
Yes, indeed.
It doesn't matter who you are, you are ignoring mating and evolutionary practices... So, you might as well admit that you are the dolt. Dolt. The burden of proof lies with you. We have biology and anatomy on our side. You have the burden to disprove the purposes of both.....Get busy, b!tch...

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
1: Marriage is not a "right", it's a benefit society gives to a certain class of people.
2: Society gives the benefits of marriage to heterosexual couples because long experience shows that marriage of heterosexual couples carries a great number of benefits to society (for example: it civilizes men, making them more productive, and less foolhardy (and therefore less destructive)(see lowered car insurance rates for young males who marry)).
3: There is no evidence that homosexual marriage provides similar benefits to society.
4: Following the age old principle that intelligent agreements give benefits to both sides, it is therefore not in society's interest to give homosexual couples benefits that they haven't "earned".
Marriage is a contract. It's a contract between the people getting married. It's also a contract between, that couple. and the State. Valid contracts require that both sides get benefits. What is the benefit to society of giving a marriage contract to homosexual couples?
Until that's answered, there's no rational reason to give homosexual couples such a contract.

The litmus test is simply this: when same sex couples can marry, what do heterosexual couples lose? Really, how is your marriage any less valid?

That's why this is called marriage equality, because everyone wins and nobody loses.

I could easily argue your other points, bit there's really no reason to do so. Besides, it's going to happen anyway.

Just ask my Kimare.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then imagine how same sex marriage might change power dynamics in a witches coven, if you can get your mind away from thinking of lesbian sex. Same sex marriage would change society in a big way; convents and covens used to be refuges from sex and marriage but gender segregation marriage brings that issue home.
Not all lesbians favor redefining marriage; some like it the old fashioned way, the way it was for their mom and dad.
Perhaps, but they have always been much more than that...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced prison marriages? Use YOUR head, Brian. There's no such thing as forced prison marriages. It's a figment of your demented imagination.
And I suppose that prison b!tches are all consensual, as well, right ? As well as this forum being fair and balanced, right ? As well as you being the smart one in the room, right ? That's about as much bullshit as anyone can type....You're a grade "A" moron and anyone can see that, from the sheer volume of bullshit that you type.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,641 - 155,660 of199,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Single men in Hemet 5 hr mesohh 7
ANTI-ABORTION: Roe v Wade commemorations in Hem... 9 hr there is no god 2
Recall papers served on 3 Hemet council members 11 hr Hemet is good 16
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) 11 hr Hemet is great 31
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr Activity 15,657
Why is hemet racist ?!? 15 hr Farout 7
sad sad sad:/ 16 hr Sofia 9
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search