Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#178284 Feb 3, 2013
Skype'd with three guys last night. Totally nude. Got to show off my new pink panties too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178285 Feb 3, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Pop, dogs, and children. Yeah, these are the thoughts of a rational man.
You are as bad as Kimare. I ought to know.
You ought to.
Bore On

Monrovia, CA

#178286 Feb 3, 2013
Was the last poster a:

1.) Out of towner?

2.) A bore on?

3.) Just a out of work idiot?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178288 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
The best you can do is argue semantics? You know exactly what is meant by the terms in the current popular usage.
Do you have some sort of logical argument, other than pretending intellectual superiority?
Yes, I do. Its current misusage is meant to demonize the anti-gay crowd, and to subjugate it. The current usage of that word is a blatant lie, it is why I take exception to it. I make no pretensions to intellectual ability, I am merely standing up as strongly, for my side, as you are, for yours. Are you expecting any less ? Yes, I have plenty of logical arguments, usually dismissed by your side, as if those arguments mean nothing. We are plagued with propaganda extolling the fact that the majority of Americans support SSM, when, in fact, we do not. I have never met anyone that actually supports it, and I travel the country in a semi, and I ask on the CB radio, I ask people that I deal with, just to see if I am missing anything. I am not. I have even seen a large number of bumper stickers that are being displayed that condemn the notion of SSM. Homosexuality is a behavioral phenomenon, defined as same-gender sexual conduct, and the idea that the institution of marriage is being appropriated by a few libertines, for the financial benefits to be had from the government, cheapens the whole definition and purpose of marriage. It makes a mockery of everything that it has represented, until now. Heterosexual couples and homosexual couples are not equal, but the SSM crowd wishes us to ignore this fact.Unlike homosexuality, heterosexuality is immutable. To define heterosexuality as merely sexual conduct between people of compatible genders is to suppress a fundamental truth about what it means to be human.
All human beings with the exception of hermaphrodites (people with genital deformities) are born with a reproductive system that is heterosexual by nature. We are either male or female. We have sexual feelings only because of chemical and other processes that are rooted in our procreative heterosexual design. Thus, a male sexual orientation toward a female (or vise versa) is self-evidently normal and natural. By contrast, a male-to-male or female-to-female orientation is self-evidently abnormal and unnatural. For homosexuality to be equivalent to heterosexuality, it would need to be rooted in its own homosexual physiology.
In reality, homosexuality is nothing more than same-gender conduct among people who are innately and unchangeably heterosexual. Homosexuality is thus biologically (and to varying degrees morally) equivalent
to pedophilia, sado-masochism, bestiality and many other forms of deviant behavior, or behavior that deviates from the normal design-based function of the human being.

So, yes I have arguments, but they are likely to be dismissed by your crowd...As if a wave of a hand can disqualify the truth.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178289 Feb 3, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
A Google search that takes all of 5 seconds proves that you don't know what you are talking about. But then, that's been obvious all along.
Weinberg's term became an important tool for gay and lesbian activists, advocates, and their allies. He describes the concept as a medical phobia:
a phobia about homosexuals.... It was a fear of homosexuals which seemed to be associated with a fear of contagion, a fear of reducing the things one fought for home and family. It was a religious fear and it had led to great brutality as fear always does.
Nice try, Purple Passion, but you left out the important part: It became an important tool AFTER it had been misappropriated by the gay and lesbian crowd. Up until then, it had been a professional term used in the exact manner I described. You are attempting to explain away the misuse of this term. You are failing. And I do know what I am talking about. This whole phenomenon is Orwellian.
Bore On

Monrovia, CA

#178290 Feb 3, 2013
Was the last poster a:

1.) Out of towner?

2.) A bore on?

4.) Out of country poster?

5.) a non US citizen that supports the Repubicans?

6.) Married to a Republican but not a citizen?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178291 Feb 3, 2013
Bore On wrote:
Was the last poster a:
1.) Out of towner?
2.) A bore on?
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2013-02-03_4016...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#178292 Feb 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Here is a simple explanation of the difference;
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
No matter how often you post that analogy, it doesn't hold water. For a couple of reasons. One being nuts are fruits, by definition. Another being that the ability to bear fruit is part of the definition of a fruit tree, but the ability to have kids isn't part of the definition of marriage.
<quoted text>
KiMare wrote:
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
Sociologist say marriage would not exist if it were not for children.
LOL, what a pointless statement.
Humanity wouldn't exist were it not for children.
KiMare wrote:
But of more importance, someone who murders their own child has no platform to claim children are not a part of marriage. You should be in jail.
Sad.
I've never murdered any child.
Why did you make that up?
LOLSER!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178293 Feb 3, 2013
Slappy Sanchez ESQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is A.I.D.S. a disease or a cure?
I grew up in Brentwood, next door to some Sanchez's, on Claywood Drive.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178294 Feb 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how often you post that analogy, it doesn't hold water. For a couple of reasons. One being nuts are fruits, by definition. Another being that the ability to bear fruit is part of the definition of a fruit tree, but the ability to have kids isn't part of the definition of marriage.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOLSER!
Never murdered any of your children, my White ass. Why lie ?

Santa Monica, CA

#178295 Feb 3, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe this guy? What a maroon. It cracks me up when these uneducated types believe that whatever they write is correct and logical just because they wrote it. They don't realize how silly they look. But, hey.... they will be joining the other bigots in the dustbin of history very soon.
Ah, yes. Hopefully soon it will seem as odd as bigotry against southpaws.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178296 Feb 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL, what a pointless statement
<quoted text>
LOLSER!
Ooo
Kimare says the craziest things. See what I have put up with?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178297 Feb 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOLSER!
Too funny!
Bore On

Monrovia, CA

#178298 Feb 3, 2013
Was the last poster a:

1.) Out of towner?

2.) A bore on?

7.) out to the cleaners.

8.) Folding tin hats to protect their heads.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178299 Feb 3, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in Brentwood, next door to some Sanchez's, on Claywood Drive.

When I'm out on the Island I wet my whistle at the Brentwood VFW bar.

The Lt. Robert R. Dolney Post near the parkway on Wurz St.

Santa Monica, CA

#178300 Feb 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard hundreds of arguments to keep marriage male/female. Maybe Bid D misunderstood:
<quoted text>How's that? The argument is, people in gender segregated institutions will be unfairly treated by same sex marriage because consent is problematic where rules supersede freedom. Prisons, professional sports teams, some universities and religious institutions are gender segregated so they never needed to adapt to marriage among its population. Same sex marriage would change that.
That makes absolutely no sense, you moron. Members of sports teams are going to be forced to marry each other if gay marriage is allowed? Has that happened in states where gay marriage is allowed? They are allowed in MD. Are members of the Ravens going to be forced to marry each other during half-time today?

Santa Monica, CA

#178301 Feb 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I think about what I'll post before I click the Post Comment button.
Then you figure you can add something even stupider, and post that.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody has their own arguments to keep marriage male/female; all those arguments are real. Try to get out of your bubble and learn about the world.
Nobody is talking about getting rid of male/female marriage. Well, your wife did, or should I say ex-wife.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I support the Manhattan Declaration:
http://manhattandeclaration.org/man_dec_resou...
You advocate the way you like and I'll advocate my way.
Keep your way to yourself.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178302 Feb 3, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Never murdered any of your children, my White ass. Why lie ?
Kimare says every sperm is sacred. If you've masturbated, you've killed a child.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178303 Feb 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes absolutely no sense, you moron. Members of sports teams are going to be forced to marry each other if gay marriage is allowed? Has that happened in states where gay marriage is allowed? They are allowed in MD. Are members of the Ravens going to be forced to marry each other during half-time today?
No, not at half time, but maybe after they lose!
Bore On

Monrovia, CA

#178304 Feb 3, 2013
Was the last poster a:

1.) Out of towner?

2.) A bore on?

7.) out to the cleaners.

8.) Folding tin hats to protect their heads.

9.) Four idiots who are asking who's on top?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetHEMET: Supervisors deny development in Rei... 1 hr Hemet cleanup dept 1
Cost of School District Unification Remains a C... 21 hr Victim 1
One dead, one wounded after incident in Hemet p... (Dec '08) Wed whoever 46
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) Nov 26 Chris 35
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) Nov 24 PleasePlease 465
Charges dismissed in court Nov 24 unknown 4
Is sun city that quiet that I'm seeing and repl... Nov 24 Chris 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match