Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,141 - 155,160 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again! Start a reading comprehension thread and get a better straw man. I don't think you'll convince many people that I have poor reading skills.
I don't need to convince anybody. It's evident from your posts that you don't understand what you read.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most homophobes have a "huge problem" with the adherents of same sex marriage.
Your "huge problem" with the adherents of polygamy is no better.
You and Janey-Doody really ought to start that reading thread!
What a dope!
Lean to read English.... is English you native language? Maybe I can have what I am saying translated into whatever language is used where you come from.

I donít have a huge problem with poly marriage. I have a problem with other crimes that are nearly always associated with it. And will not tolerate many of the current adherents of it and their cruel molestation and mistreatment of their young, or the fraud they use to gain multiple government assistance checks at our expense.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is: Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
Ok?
The judge did not overturn the ban on polygamy.
He didn't? Oh, nevermind! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Remember Gilda Radner as Emily Litella? You're a real old auntie you've probably seen her.

But seriously, don't you agree that the judge's decision is not bad for the future of legalized polygamy?

Stop with the straw man and ad hominem. Why are you so intent on hijacking this thread for you narrow purposes of cheerleading one form of marriage over another?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Lean to read English.... is English you native language? Maybe I can have what I am saying translated into whatever language is used where you come from.
I donít have a huge problem with poly marriage. I have a problem with other crimes that are nearly always associated with it. And will not tolerate many of the current adherents of it and their cruel molestation and mistreatment of their young, or the fraud they use to gain multiple government assistance checks at our expense.
I donít have a huge problem with same sex marriage. I have a problem with other crimes that are nearly always associated with it. And will not tolerate many of the current adherents of it and their cruel molestation and mistreatment of their young, or the fraud they use to gain multiple government assistance checks at our expense.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "Your huge problem WITH THE ADHERENTS OF POLYGAMY is no better."

Learn to read English. Perhaps it is your second language? Perhaps you are a dope? A liar?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't? Oh, nevermind! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Remember Gilda Radner as Emily Litella? You're a real old auntie you've probably seen her.
But seriously, don't you agree that the judge's decision is not bad for the future of legalized polygamy?
Stop with the straw man and ad hominem. Why are you so intent on hijacking this thread for you narrow purposes of cheerleading one form of marriage over another?
You are hilarious!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have a huge problem with same sex marriage. I have a problem with other crimes that are nearly always associated with it. And will not tolerate many of the current adherents of it and their cruel molestation and mistreatment of their young, or the fraud they use to gain multiple government assistance checks at our expense.
What legally married gay couple is getting multiple government assistence checks?

You're about as bright as a black hole.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I always knew that was where you were going, and have been saying so for weeks.

Standard bait and switch tactic, all the opponents of same sex marriage use, and the funny part is the comparison they make is to religious people.

dishonest to the core

Your argument will get no where you relies

Same sex marriage is happening and will continue to happen in more and more states and countries.

Your pet issue is going exactly nowhere.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to convince anybody. It's evident from your posts that you don't understand what you read.
Sure Miss Thing.

So, why do you think the judge's decision has absolutely no bearing on the future of legalized polygamy?

Type slowly maybe I'll understand your answer. But you have to give me an answer before I can understand it silly!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Pizzo, you are a real wack job . . .
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hilarious!
Thanks! You're not. Evidence your comedy career fail! Boy you were bad!

But let's get on topic, you always go off. Why do you feel the judge's decision has absolutely no relevance to the future of legalizing poly?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Miss Thing.
So, why do you think the judge's decision has absolutely no bearing on the future of legalized polygamy?
Type slowly maybe I'll understand your answer. But you have to give me an answer before I can understand it silly!
Because the trial testimony was about SSM and NOT poly, the ruling was about SSM, not poly, the appeal was about SSM, not poly, the appeals court ruling was about SSM and not poly. The appeal to SCOTUS is about SSM, not poly. When SCOTUS overturns Prop 8, SSM will be legal again, poly will NOT.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I always knew that was where you were going, and have been saying so for weeks.
Standard bait and switch tactic, all the opponents of same sex marriage use, and the funny part is the comparison they make is to religious people.
dishonest to the core
Your argument will get no where you relies
Same sex marriage is happening and will continue to happen in more and more states and countries.
Your pet issue is going exactly nowhere.
I am not opposed to same sex marriage. I fully support it. I have been to several gay weddings (have you?) I have friends and family that I love who are in same sex marriages. I resent your dishonest attempts to demonize me.

I am trying to discuss marriage equality. The only reason you will not engage is because you are attempting to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. And failing, I might add.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! You're not. Evidence your comedy career fail! Boy you were bad!
But let's get on topic, you always go off. Why do you feel the judge's decision has absolutely no relevance to the future of legalizing poly?
Maybe because there was NOTHING about polygamy in his decision..... geez.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
Pizzo, you are a real wack job ...
It's better than being a SECOND CLASS JACKASS like you!

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because there was NOTHING about polygamy in his decision..... geez.
You hate polygamists because "there was NOTHING about polygamy in his decision..... geez."?

Do you rest your case?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
What legally married gay couple is getting multiple government assistence checks?
You're about as bright as a black hole.
I just replace poly in his hateful rant with same sex marriage to see how he liked the sound of it dummy.

What a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the trial testimony was about SSM and NOT poly, the ruling was about SSM, not poly, the appeal was about SSM, not poly, the appeals court ruling was about SSM and not poly. The appeal to SCOTUS is about SSM, not poly. When SCOTUS overturns Prop 8, SSM will be legal again, poly will NOT.
So you think the judge's decision bodes poorly for the future of legalized poly?

I think you are wrong. I think allowing same sex marriage will help the case for allowing poly. It's just common sense.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not opposed to same sex marriage. I fully support it. I have been to several gay weddings (have you?) I have friends and family that I love who are in same sex marriages. I resent your dishonest attempts to demonize me.
I am trying to discuss marriage equality. The only reason you will not engage is because you are attempting to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. And failing, I might add.
You go ahead and rant and rave, Same sex marriage is already a reality and will continue to spread.

Your pet rant is going nowhere, not because of any objection of mine ( I donít have an objection to the concept of it ), but because of the actions of far tooo many of the adherents of it.

There may come a time a couple of decades down the road when this changes, but it is not changing yet, regardless of what you, I or another else in this forum thinks

As religion becomes less and less a force in American politics the current adherents of it will sink further into oblivion.

Until a more mature, and more human group champions it, it is moot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because there was NOTHING about polygamy in his decision..... geez.
We know that Miss Thing! Duh! You need to get up to speed. Perhaps you cannot read well?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Pole swap 7,855
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 7 hr Chris 27
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
Rancho Cordova hires city manager 16 hr saays who 4
Review: VIP Autos (Dec '13) Wed Guess who 2
Hemet wife beaters Wed bigdave 1
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••