Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,754)

Showing posts 155,061 - 155,080 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
Your premise that there will be forced marriages in prison is moronic. Got it? You need not reply with a load of claptrap like you did above. Marriages currently involve two willing partners. IME a couple usually meets with the person who is going to perform the ceremony in order to achieve their blessing upon it prior to the fact. Forced marriages in prison is an objection made by the hard of thinking.
Not just prisons, forced marriages in all institutions. The question of consent is at best, problematic, for prisoners. Same sex marriage would harm everyone, institutionalized or free.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, any argument like that could be made against heterosexual marriages as well.
Stupid argument
but on the plus side, if they have to dig that deep into a barrel of total garbage to try and find some kind of valid argument, it means they are totally out of arguments.
"They" could always use the "off topic!" argument. Or the "I don't care," argument. Perhaps the "not enough people involved" argument.

Or "they" could filibuster about religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Christ taught you that you should belittle another manís wife that you donít know..... right?
You like Jesus when he rags on your enemies eh?

Too funny!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you agree that religion doesn't belong in a thread about MARRIAGE EQUALITY?
Don't you agree the GAY MARRIAGE RIGHTS logically lead to poly MARRIAGE RIGHTS?
P.S. Your ignorance and bigotry is glaringly obvious with the Mormon comment. Got any good ones against blacks? Hispanics? polyamorists?
oh sorry, that response was meant for bigot dope, im might need a rest, im sounding as stupid as andy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not just prisons, forced marriages in all institutions. The question of consent is at best, problematic, for prisoners. Same sex marriage would harm everyone, institutionalized or free.
If you have to dig that deep into a barrel of crap to come up with an arguemnt, it means you are out of arguments.

The argument you are useing could be used to say hetrosexual marrages should be illegal ( poorly of course, just as it is a poor argumnet as you are using it )
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>oh sorry, that response was meant for bigot dope, im might need a rest, im sounding as stupid as andy.
As long as he thinks Poly marriage is on topic... then he really has no case to say religion isnít a proper discussion topic here.

Religion has more do to with the opposition to same sex marriage than any other single factor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>oh sorry, that response was meant for bigot dope, im might need a rest, im sounding as stupid as andy.
No prob. I could tell it was for the Bigot Dummy. So could he.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as he thinks Poly marriage is on topic... then he really has no case to say religion isnít a proper discussion topic here.
Religion has more do to with the opposition to same sex marriage than any other single factor.
Sure Big D, religion is on topic but marriage isn't. You keep trying to make us believe that.

But we'll be discussing the topic, MARRIAGE EQUALITY. Despite your "off topic!" straw man.

The only reason you say poly MARRIAGE is off topic is to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Big D, religion is on topic but marriage isn't. You keep trying to make us believe that.
But we'll be discussing the topic, MARRIAGE EQUALITY. Despite your "off topic!" straw man.
The only reason you say poly MARRIAGE is off topic is to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
No I am saying you can talk about Poly all you want, and I can talk about religion all I want.

No problem :)

and no one should be saying anything about "off-topic" to anyone else. If you agree to stop using that straw man argument again about Off-Topic all will be good, if you continue to use that straw man argument I will continue to laugh and throw it in your face as I please.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about your wife, not your mother stupid!
Your the one who said mom, moron. I have no idea what is going on in that tiny little brain of yours, so I respond to what you post.
Riggers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

looks like the scum-bags have come up with another scheme to win?

Big laugh, they are hated enough already.

GOP Plan to 'Rig' Electoral Votes Loses Key Support.

The proposed system would make it easier for Republican presidential candidates to win.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
I like to lick everything meet me at the mall
Only those from Norwalk do that you stupid homo ... lol
Mocker

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Huh. It's like being a spectator at the Special Olympics.

Gay marriage is fine. It has nothing to do with religion. I'm not Catholic ergo, I couldn't get married (heterosexual) in a Catholic church. Nobody's forcing any religion to change its values.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am saying you can talk about Poly all you want, and I can talk about religion all I want.
No problem :)
and no one should be saying anything about "off-topic" to anyone else. If you agree to stop using that straw man argument again about Off-Topic all will be good, if you continue to use that straw man argument I will continue to laugh and throw it in your face as I please.
I don't care when you go off topic dumbass, the only reason I ever mention it to you is when you rag on me calling me "off topic" because you need to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.

Why not just come out and say you are against equality for poly? Why be a coward and pull the off topic card? Man up jackass.
Riggers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The poor GOP, Republican and Tea Party worm is going to be eaten up.
Mocker

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care when you go off topic dumbass, the only reason I ever mention it to you is when you rag on me calling me "off topic" because you need to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Why not just come out and say you are against equality for poly? Why be a coward and pull the off topic card? Man up jackass.
Maybe God cameth unto him and said "Son, time to keep your ignorant, drooling piehole shut"?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not just prisons, forced marriages in all institutions. The question of consent is at best, problematic, for prisoners. Same sex marriage would harm everyone, institutionalized or free.
All institutions? Universtities? Mental institutions? Honestly Brian, why do you expect anyone to take you seriously and not call you an idiot when you come up with this garbage? There really is no way to field abject stupidity other than calling it what it is. Where do you live that makes you think marriage will be forced upon anyone and what basis, besides irrational hysteria, do you have for making such comments?

You remind me of a classmate of mine from college that would just blurt out any load of bollox that popped into his head rather than remaining silent when the conversation was over his head (which was most of the time).
ColdFeet

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Whatever happened to the stupid "third installment" of Steve Tobia's energetic defense of Nick Conway (sgvCOG) in "THE" Magazine?

He was gonna name names and set the record sraight, I might venture is the real reason?

Politics is a strange "bed fellow" and most politicans can't stand being cold and being kicked out of bed either.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Don't you agree the GAY MARRIAGE RIGHTS logically lead to poly MARRIAGE RIGHTS?
Hell no. It's a rationalization, not logical reasoning.
There are too many steps in between to claim it logically follows.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Like you just did?
Do you mean like just now, when I showed Chongo to be a liar, when I proved that her side is just as, if not more, dangerous than the heterosexuals that she reviles, as per the case in point ? Re: a heterosexual woman being murdered by a transgender man, who is obviously mixed up, as can be told by the mere fact that he dresses in drag, when he is a man ? Oh, I thought that was what you meant....No, I didn't do any lying, I don't need to. Go back to "lubs me some Betty White", it was more your speed.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,061 - 155,080 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Single men in Hemet 20 min Kathy 9
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr ThomasA 15,662
Recall papers served on 3 Hemet council members 3 hr Save Hemet 17
robert galetta is rebuild hemet (Nov '12) 3 hr Franklin 12
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Drafty 4,559
Lt. Sue Trevino is taking over as San Jacinto p... (May '10) 5 hr Truth 13
sad sad sad:/ Fri Right 10
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search