Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

profetts

La Puente, CA

#232886 Oct 8, 2014
Shut up kimare, your a pig hole anyway!

This issue was decided in the courts so stuff it.

Go take care of your own life and get out of other's.
Grapevine

Paradise, CA

#232887 Oct 8, 2014
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy has temporarily blocked an appeals court ruling that declared gay marriage legal in Idaho and Nevada.

Since: May 12

Woodland Hills, CA

#232888 Oct 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say they were definitions?
These are obvious facts:
1. The complexity of a diverse gender couple united in marriage.
2. The complementary sexual union of a diverse gender couple.
3. The combined union of two into one through a child.
A ss couple can NEVER through any court ruling or any other means equate to those distinctions. They will always be inferior. Now only all the more obvious...
In other words, you're upset that same sex marriage is becoming legal in more and more states so you're going to state your opinion and tout it as fact because you don't know what else to do. Got it.

Woodland Hills, CA

#232889 Oct 8, 2014
Oh my gosh. Marriages have been temporarily blocked in Idaho and Nevada. How can they do that? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Woodland Hills, CA

#232890 Oct 8, 2014
Ok, so what I'm understanding is that it was Anthony Kennedy who put the stay on marriages and heart breaking as it is for couples in those two states who were hoping to get married sometime in the next few days. This might actually be a good thing. It may force the Supreme Court to take a case after all and make a sweeping decision.
Serenee

Sacramento, CA

#232891 Oct 8, 2014
Too bad.
HickKupps

La Puente, CA

#232892 Oct 8, 2014
Maybe Kenndy wanted to make a date with one of the couples first?
straight Arrow

San Dimas, CA

#232893 Oct 8, 2014
Why does the court continue to override what the voters want? Why vote just let the courts rule.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232894 Oct 8, 2014
rear mounted wrote:
Jake Yanker & private peppers:
So your a lost sole and need more time in the corner to sober up.
To bad so sad take your three and get lost.
I would not mind filleting that sole ;)
Tree Frog

Paradise, CA

#232895 Oct 8, 2014
straight Arrow wrote:
Why does the court continue to override what the voters want? Why vote just let the courts rule.
United States Constitution, Article 6 / The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America.[

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#232896 Oct 8, 2014
profetts wrote:
Shut up kimare, your a pig hole anyway!
This issue was decided in the courts so stuff it.
Go take care of your own life and get out of other's.
The real issue isn't legal games, it's the realality where ss couples are seriously inferior to marriages.

Location hidden

#232897 Oct 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
These are obvious facts:
A ss couple can NEVER through any court ruling or any other means equate to those distinctions. They will always be inferior. Now only all the more obvious...
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you're upset that same sex marriage is becoming legal in more and more states so you're going to state your opinion and tout it as fact because you don't know what else to do. Got it.
Any time someone says, "In other words..." you can be sure that isn't what was being said.

I've noted many times that whatever way the Courts go, the things I stated above will remain the bottom line. You know that, and that is exactly why you are trying to distort what I said.

When someone is as dishonest as you were above, it only exposes the weakness of your position.
straight Arrow

La Puente, CA

#232898 Oct 8, 2014
The real problem is straight Arrow thinks you all a bunch of idiots too!
Moxie

La Puente, CA

#232899 Oct 8, 2014
October 08, 2014..

Wedding chapels in Las Vegas readied for a flood of gay couples on Wednesday as bans on same-sex marriage were imposed and lifted in dizzying fashion.
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232900 Oct 8, 2014
First one in line at the wedding chapel will be the Azusa Hag-Beast and her pet goat, Brucie. Put a tie on Brucie and no one will know it's a girl goat.

Woodland Hills, CA

#232901 Oct 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
These are obvious facts:
<quoted text>
Any time someone says, "In other words..." you can be sure that isn't what was being said.
I've noted many times that whatever way the Courts go, the things I stated above will remain the bottom line. You know that, and that is exactly why you are trying to distort what I said.
When someone is as dishonest as you were above, it only exposes the weakness of your position.
You're not the only person I've spoken to about this who can't seem to get a grasp on reality. So let me make it really easy for you. Same sex couples are currently able to get married in 27 states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevadad, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin) There's no arguing that fact, this is what is actually happening. Right now.

There is a temporary stay on the decision to allow same sex marriage in Idaho that is scheduled to be lifted by 5pm tomorrow night.

The 9th circuit ruling will add 7 more states to this list (Alaska, Arizona, Montana, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming).

You say my position is weak. My only position is that same sex couples deserve the same legal right to get married, receive the same benefits, and the same protection under the law as heterosexual couples.

That is what is happening here. So, yes, maybe I'm not the best when it comes to a debate. But really, there's no argument you can make here.

Bans against same sex marriage are un-Constitutional. That's not just my position but that of the courts reviewing these laws and they're taking the necessary actions to right those wrongs. That's it. You don't like it, you think arguing with me is somehow going to change that? Fine, argue. Argue all you want. Call me weak. I don't care. As long as same sex couples are actually finally getting the rights they deserve as American Citizens, I don't really care what you have to say about it. Cry me a river. Play your tiny violin. I don't care.
Plugger for MO

La Puente, CA

#232903 Oct 8, 2014
Get OFF your RELIGIOUS rank you stupid fool - what do you think you are a Muslim?

Location hidden

#232904 Oct 9, 2014
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not the only person I've spoken to about this who can't seem to get a grasp on reality. So let me make it really easy for you. Same sex couples are currently able to get married in 27 states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevadad, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin) There's no arguing that fact, this is what is actually happening. Right now.
There is a temporary stay on the decision to allow same sex marriage in Idaho that is scheduled to be lifted by 5pm tomorrow night.
The 9th circuit ruling will add 7 more states to this list (Alaska, Arizona, Montana, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming).
You say my position is weak. My only position is that same sex couples deserve the same legal right to get married, receive the same benefits, and the same protection under the law as heterosexual couples.
That is what is happening here. So, yes, maybe I'm not the best when it comes to a debate. But really, there's no argument you can make here.
Bans against same sex marriage are un-Constitutional. That's not just my position but that of the courts reviewing these laws and they're taking the necessary actions to right those wrongs. That's it. You don't like it, you think arguing with me is somehow going to change that? Fine, argue. Argue all you want. Call me weak. I don't care. As long as same sex couples are actually finally getting the rights they deserve as American Citizens, I don't really care what you have to say about it. Cry me a river. Play your tiny violin. I don't care.
I have a perfect grasp of the reality that distorted law mandates a piece of paper defying the reality of ss couples being fatally inferior to marriage.

Cry me a river. Play your tiny violin. I don't care.

Smile.
laughing

La Puente, CA

#232905 Oct 9, 2014
October 09, 2014..

The only people who are crying would be like fools below.

""I have a perfect grasp of the reality that distorted law mandates a piece of paper defying the reality of ss couples being fatally inferior to marriage.

Smile.""

Keep posting your B.S. we are all laughing at you each time you do!

Woodland Hills, CA

#232906 Oct 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a perfect grasp of the reality that distorted law mandates a piece of paper defying the reality of ss couples being fatally inferior to marriage.
Smile.
There was a point in time when people said the same thing about interracial marriage. Call it what you want. This is about rights and this is now the law of the land. Watching you try to justify your bigotry in light of this fact is just too damn good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nordstrom Rack DC at 1010 W. Fourth St. Beaumon... Fri NORDSTROM RACK BE... 21
News HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... (Oct '14) Thu American 24
gay grandpa sex in sun city ca (Dec '15) Thu Theinspector 2
complaints against Hemet PD (Oct '08) Apr 19 FuckHPD 215
warning! regohth based lifeforms !!!!!!! Apr 18 Ladybug 1
Flammable Pajamas from Wal Mart (Nov '11) Apr 17 cathy 20
Whats with the clown Regohth Based Lifeforms? Apr 17 Thor 1

Hemet Jobs

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages