First Prev
of 4
Next Last
get em

Pacific Palisades, CA

#2 Nov 9, 2011
frogs1 wrote:
IS IT TRUE THAT THE FIRE DEPT. DOES NOTHING? I KEEP HEARING THAT THEY SPEND ON DUTY TIME AT THE GYM ETC..ETC.... AND THAT ALL THEY DO ALL DAY IS COOK, SLEEP, WASH CARS, COOK, GO TO GYM, SLEEP, ETC.. ETC.. AND ARE THEY WORTH WHAT THEY ARE PAID? LET ME KNOW? p.s i already know that dush bag "friend" will log on to complain. lets find out.
you're in Perris? Go slam your own fire department ya coward
Voice of reason

Murrieta, CA

#3 Nov 9, 2011
In an emergency, they stop washing the truck. I am personally happy we pay fire fighters a decent wage, it helps attract quality people into the job. Perhaps you would prefer a few Jose's from the HD parking lot with a couple of buckets when your double wide ignites from your failed get rich quick chemistry experiment?
Jerry

Riverside, CA

#4 Nov 10, 2011
get em wrote:
<quoted text>
you're in Perris? Go slam your own fire department ya coward
Frog1 was asking a question.

... are ya to coward to answer ?
Jerry

Riverside, CA

#5 Nov 10, 2011
Voice of reason wrote:
In an emergency, they stop washing the truck. I am personally happy we pay fire fighters a decent wage, it helps attract quality people into the job. Perhaps you would prefer a few Jose's from the HD parking lot with a couple of buckets when your double wide ignites from your failed get rich quick chemistry experiment?
Ironically the firefighters union dues ensure the Jose's will be at HD.

Seems you are the failed chemistry experiment.
joshua dehart

United States

#6 Nov 10, 2011
Wowmiss informed much people san jacinto fire is not actually san jacinto fire in the first place it is riverside fire a division of cal fire or CDF yes fire fighter work out whe in quarter and do house heeping by washing the truck. Lets look at why and how it actually save tax money. One 2.5 in 75 foot hose weight is roughly 75 lbs so you lug that around with antoher 45 lb scba attached to your back in temps of 550 plus degrees see if you last. The work out prevents workmans comp injuries and med. Retirement claims. As for washing trucks it would cost ca tax payers millions to to contract and was every engine or truck and hire a maid to clean the fire station. As for food would you rather they eat out and spend more money. Fire fighters live at the station for 3 days a week. And fd also responds to more than fires they respond to medical aids traffic collisions and public assist so lets get our facts straight and if you are going to use a word like "duch bag" you should spell it right douche bag
joshua dehart

United States

#8 Nov 10, 2011
They take the truck to eat becUse they cant take their own cars or trucks and rent movies because at night they need something to do while they are stuck away from home. I may come across as an a hole but here is the true fact about firefighter pay they make 3001 dollars a month plus over time not as much as people think to spend that much time away from family. If you see them at fast food or renting a movie it comes out of their pocket.
local resident

Hemet, CA

#9 Nov 10, 2011
joshua dehart wrote:
They take the truck to eat becUse they cant take their own cars or trucks and rent movies because at night they need something to do while they are stuck away from home. I may come across as an a hole but here is the true fact about firefighter pay they make 3001 dollars a month plus over time not as much as people think to spend that much time away from family. If you see them at fast food or renting a movie it comes out of their pocket.
$3001 a month? Really? You're wrong, dummy.

Starting pay for a Hemet ff is around $4500 a month.
joshua dehart

United States

#10 Nov 10, 2011
Hemet is not cal fire first of all and will be contracted by the end of 2012. And still look at it this way 72 hrs a week time 4 weeks it 288 hrs a mo divide 288 by 4500 is 15.62 would u risk u life for 15.62 an hr
joshua dehart

United States

#11 Nov 10, 2011
In fact hemet fire only cover 70 percent of hemet anyways the rest of hemet and all of san jacinto is covered by cal fire riverside unit
Idiots

Hemet, CA

#12 Nov 10, 2011
Who cares......the gov't is going to find ways to spend our tax dollars and no one on here is going to change that. If they have such a good gig, get an application and join them so you can go to the gym and get paid too
friend

AOL

#14 Nov 10, 2011
frogs1 wrote:
<quoted text> IT'S A QUESTION A-HOLE!! AND I DO LIVE IN HEMET. AND I KNOW THEY DON'T HAVE MUCH TO DO BUT WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS TAKING THE FIRE TRUCK TO LUNCH AND TO RENT MOVIES? JUST ASKING SO DON'T GET ALL YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH "get em" and that other A HOLE "FRIENDS"
Now this persons post says they are in Sun City. Before it said Perris. Don't they know where they live?
And this person is so good at posting the words A-Hole.
This person needs to get a life.
friend

AOL

#15 Nov 10, 2011
joshua dehart wrote:
They take the truck to eat becUse they cant take their own cars or trucks and rent movies because at night they need something to do while they are stuck away from home. I may come across as an a hole but here is the true fact about firefighter pay they make 3001 dollars a month plus over time not as much as people think to spend that much time away from family. If you see them at fast food or renting a movie it comes out of their pocket.
And don't forget they take the fire trucks when they go to the store or anywhere else because they could get a call while they are out. Imagine if they had to go back to the station to get their equipment in an emergency. Then the jerks on these postings would gripe about why it takes so long to get to a call. And you are correct. They pay for their own food and movie rentals. the city or the county does not pay for those expenses.
And who is the first person they call when someone has a medical emergency or a fire? Yet they still complain. Geez.
Jerry

Fontana, CA

#16 Nov 11, 2011
joshua dehart wrote:
Hemet is not cal fire first of all and will be contracted by the end of 2012. And still look at it this way 72 hrs a week time 4 weeks it 288 hrs a mo divide 288 by 4500 is 15.62 would u risk u life for 15.62 an hr
Joshua - Check your math

$ 4500 a month is based on a 40 hour work weeks

An additional 32 hours over time a week at time and a half

Could you hang at the gym, eat, wash the truck and clean up your mess for $ 120,000 a year ?

Plus an overly generous benefit package.
joshua dehart

Moreno Valley, CA

#17 Nov 11, 2011
I have yet to see even a FF II with a 6 figure in any local fd or state ive been involved in fire and ems since i was born i can tell you this the nation wide average for an enigineer is 87000 you see these nice trucks and cars and what not parked at stations most firefighters also have either a second job ie amr forest service or. Self owned company and if any of you think this job is that easy take a trip to ben clark trainning facility in riverside or request a ride out you will quickly learn that its alot harder emotionally and physically that anyone could imagine ever walk up to a 2 car tc with a 6 year old doa because their parents didnt use a booster seat or a dui where the drunk walks but 3 die and one is now a quadrapleagic how bout a fully involved structure fire when secondary searches discover a 2 doa people still in bed how much money is that worth to deal with that kind of emotional stress
local resident

Hemet, CA

#18 Nov 11, 2011
joshua dehart wrote:
I have yet to see even a FF II with a 6 figure in any local fd or state ive been involved in fire and ems since i was born i can tell you this the nation wide average for an enigineer is 87000 you see these nice trucks and cars and what not parked at stations most firefighters also have either a second job ie amr forest service or. Self owned company and if any of you think this job is that easy take a trip to ben clark trainning facility in riverside or request a ride out you will quickly learn that its alot harder emotionally and physically that anyone could imagine ever walk up to a 2 car tc with a 6 year old doa because their parents didnt use a booster seat or a dui where the drunk walks but 3 die and one is now a quadrapleagic how bout a fully involved structure fire when secondary searches discover a 2 doa people still in bed how much money is that worth to deal with that kind of emotional stress
Don't even get me started about the overtime scam in the fire service. The 'ol "I'll call in sick and you get the overtime" routine.

Again joshua, move along and go play with your matchbox cars.
joshua dehart

Moreno Valley, CA

#19 Nov 11, 2011
I dont know who your source is about human resources are in the ems and fire but u might want to recheck cause sick leave is a standard day not ot and you still sit here and cry but if you saw or dealt with anything we go through you would be laying in your bed cring and downing cheap vodka tring to forget the sight and smell. And the way you talk when you go into full arrest on your kitchen floor you would rather have a carls jr employee doing cpr on you or tring to stick a an E.T. tube down you let me know haow that goes over for you.
local resident

Hemet, CA

#20 Nov 11, 2011
No, dum-dum. One person calls in sick and another person gets the overtime.

And save the sermon. You don't know who I am or where I've worked.
NicoleS

Riverside, CA

#21 Nov 11, 2011
People are pointing out what these firefighters do on duty. I would just like to thank my neighbor(who is a firefighter in hemet) for all the things he has done for my family off duty. I live with my grandparents and he is ALWAYS checking up on them especially after my papa fell in the driveway. He is good people in my book :)

(I PROLLY misspelled something.I PROLLY wrote a sentence incorrectly.Oh well! It happens just wanted to say thanks to a friend):)
joshua dehart

Moreno Valley, CA

#22 Nov 11, 2011
Wow you ignorance in your last argument gives you no right to call any one dumb if a store employee calls out sick the person who covers the shift gets the hours and the overtime so that statement does not just pertain fire. And you dont like what i have to say i dont care ill preach if i want but here is one you didnt touch one would you prefer to have an under paid un qualifed person performing prehospital care on you or your family in a time of need.

Nicole you are right and most of the reasoning behind that is the love for the job second is if an ems person sees a civilian in distress on or off duty they are required to help if they can SAFELY do so
fred

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#23 Nov 11, 2011
hey, josh, good on you, boy. these morons that have no clue will always cry and moan about how "good" the "heroes" have it, but not one of them will ever man up one inch and even walk across their own street to check on why granny hasn't been to the mailbox in a week.

there are scams and b s everywhere, but the lame jerks that want to drag you down do not deserve the time of day, much less your nightmares of pulling them out of a blood soaked car on the ramona expressway.

you just keep doing what you are doing, son. i would never adulate you like a god or king, but i do appreciate your willingness to sacrifice yourself to build an ethos that is larger than just the id of any one person. don't let these idiots drag you down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... 19 hr lupita garcia 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS 20 hr Chris 10
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Tue Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Mon SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2
any Gay guys In San Jacinto Dec 22 Wyd700 4
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... Dec 20 mary 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST