The under ground tunnel , Florida ave...
Troy

Temecula, CA

#41 Dec 16, 2011
lastly if you had a massive underground cyrogenics lab it would need water..lots of it and if it was a survival bunker it could lock in 13 miles of water..last a long long time..folks..No one is even curious ..strainger still..
liveinhemet

Hemet, CA

#42 Dec 17, 2011
Troy wrote:
lastly if you had a massive underground cyrogenics lab it would need water..lots of it and if it was a survival bunker it could lock in 13 miles of water..last a long long time..folks..No one is even curious ..strainger still..
All sounds like someones dream to me. All this built on top of an earthquake fault. I think not.
Ashly

Brady, TX

#43 Dec 25, 2011
two homeland morons wrote:
2 homeland morons who are the same idiot running their mouths about hidden treasures from harmless robberies...
what jerks....how about going down there for aqbout 5 years and search you morons...
Check it, Fallbrook, CA and Hemet, CA.

mo∑ron

noun /ˈmŰr ˌšn/ 
morons, plural

1. A stupid person

aka you guy
glory donut

Hemet, CA

#46 Dec 28, 2011
there used to be glo*y holes down there. they were awesome. and dancin donut don't act like you don't know what i'm talkin bout!
people are people

Riverside, CA

#47 Jan 12, 2012
Does anyone know if this tunnel project was ever approved? http://www.sns.ias.edu/~jnb/Laboratory/SanJac...
Krinderhagen

Burgettstown, PA

#48 Jan 14, 2012
Hey maybe we can get a crew togather to do a story on teh remains of the old tunnle see what is left of it maybe its houanted and teh bad guys use it
Mole

Temecula, CA

#49 Jan 15, 2012
I have been reading all the stories about Underground tunnels here in Hemet.
I know first hand that there are tunnels under Florida Ave. There are tunnels crisscrossing Harvard,
and a couple of other side streets. I know this because I have been living in one of them for the last two years. When the economy took a dump, I lost my job, then my house and eventually my car quit running. No one knows the location of my tunnel home and hopes it stays that way.
I have access to electricity, but have to bring in water. The temperature here is cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
I have a portion of the tunnel sealed off, the flooring is from used carpet, I sleep in a queen size bed and have free internet access through WiFi and the local Libraryís internet.
I feel completely safe here. Thereís only one way in and one way out. I can lock the entrance to the tunnel.
It would be very difficult for anyone to find the entrance to my hide-a-way.
I believe that there are otherís who are living in these tunnels.
I'm only revealing my secret because I feel that it's important that the truth about the tunnels should be told without disclosing my location.
James

Hemet, CA

#50 Jan 16, 2012
Mole wrote:
I have been reading all the stories about Underground tunnels here in Hemet.
I know first hand that there are tunnels under Florida Ave. There are tunnels crisscrossing Harvard,
and a couple of other side streets. I know this because I have been living in one of them for the last two years. When the economy took a dump, I lost my job, then my house and eventually my car quit running. No one knows the location of my tunnel home and hopes it stays that way.
I have access to electricity, but have to bring in water. The temperature here is cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
I have a portion of the tunnel sealed off, the flooring is from used carpet, I sleep in a queen size bed and have free internet access through WiFi and the local Libraryís internet.
I feel completely safe here. Thereís only one way in and one way out. I can lock the entrance to the tunnel.
It would be very difficult for anyone to find the entrance to my hide-a-way.
I believe that there are otherís who are living in these tunnels.
I'm only revealing my secret because I feel that it's important that the truth about the tunnels should be told without disclosing my location.
I assumed that these tunnels were narrow. But if you were able to get a queen size bed, they must be pretty wide.
tunnelcollaspedi nhemet

United States

#51 Feb 15, 2012
just read this newly post on the topix
http://m.topix.com/forum/city/hemet-ca/TQLDE4...
dave

San Jacinto, CA

#52 Feb 18, 2012
Skyskier wrote:
So I was reading the thread on the coin shop and saw the post regarding a tunnel that supposedly runs under Florida ave,. There IS or was such a tunnel back in the day, there IS a sealed off "doorway" of sorts in the basement of the old Bank of Hemet bldg.( the two story blue bldg @ Florida & Harvard, today it is The Old Photo Company and the Grandfather Clock shop )it runs under Harvard down to what was Gibell's hardware store ( today it is Sharkey's Pizza ) and then goes under Florida ave to what was the old Hotel Hemet ) I got the info/story from an old timer who's father was the mgr. of the Hotel back in the day. He told me about the day the bank got held up ( maybe 1914 - 1915 ) and a possee of young bucks chased the robbers out State st to Gibell road till the road ended, they all were driving model T's. He said they were gonna go back to the stable in town, get some horses and track the robber's down. One of the guy's decided to give chase on foot, everybody told him to just wait till the mounted possee got back but he decided to go ahead alone, he got shot & wounded, hauled him back to town to get him patched up and the mounted possee eventualy captured the bad guy's. I don't know about gold or drug smugglers ? or any floods etc., BUT, I got this tale from an eyewitness so, I gotta go with it. I also heard this same story from old Charlie Van Fleet, the most informed "un-official "historian" of Hemet back in about 1980 or so. AND, BTW,....... I would NOT believe ANYTHING that city hall puts out in regards to the history of Hemet, they don't even know where the majority of the old photo's they have on the city website originated from.
Reply...You are right...Strawberry bike shop has a door in the basement that leads to tunnel...
dave

San Jacinto, CA

#53 Feb 20, 2012
Edward wrote:
Here is another bit of Hemet History. The building on the North West corner of Florida and State has a basement. I know that a couple of the employees who work there are not aware of its existence. But the real excitement is that there is a tunnel leading from that basement to somewhere on Harvard Street. Who knows where and how many exits there are in that tunnel?
I would be interested in hearing more about this from anyone who knows the truth.
I hope that only sincere and knowledgeable people share their information with us because there are so many secrets of Hemet. It would be a real treat for us all who live here in Hemet to learn more about the hidden history of our great city.
yES, tHAT USED TO BE GIBBEL HARDWARE AND THEY STORED DYNAMITE IN THAT ROOM..
Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#54 Feb 21, 2012
I have lived here 10 years in Hemet. I knew there were tunnels under Florida Ave.When B.A.R.T. was being built in the 60's & 1970's in San Francisco you could tell the ground was hollow as you drove down Market ST in SF. You can hear it especially around the Hemet Bank and past B of A between Girard and Yale here in Hemet

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#55 Feb 21, 2012
Bob wrote:
I have lived here 10 years in Hemet. I knew there were tunnels under Florida Ave.When B.A.R.T. was being built in the 60's & 1970's in San Francisco you could tell the ground was hollow as you drove down Market ST in SF. You can hear it especially around the Hemet Bank and past B of A between Girard and Yale here in Hemet
What kind of sound are you hearing? Can you describe it?
contactthepaper

United States

#56 Feb 22, 2012
to get this all cleared up and accurate contact the hemet cronical paper that man will come to you if its a good story .. be great to get to the bottom of this imo
marg

Toronto, Canada

#57 Feb 23, 2012
Ahh, people are pulling your legs.
Otis

Citrus Heights, CA

#58 Feb 24, 2012
Yellowmart after Jim Cains
Otis

Citrus Heights, CA

#59 Feb 24, 2012
Theres been a long running rumor that Walt Disney use to Hang out in the San Jacinto Valley out by the Cow Dairys and work on his cartoons long before he started Disneyland. My uncle told me that and I just always thought it was BS.
Minnie Mouse

Hemet, CA

#60 Feb 25, 2012
Otis wrote:
Theres been a long running rumor that Walt Disney use to Hang out in the San Jacinto Valley out by the Cow Dairys and work on his cartoons long before he started Disneyland. My uncle told me that and I just always thought it was BS.
Theres a lot of manure at the Cow Dairys and your story smells like it belongs there too. Besides, what does that have to do with The Under Ground Tunnels in Hemet?
meowmeow

San Jacinto, CA

#61 Mar 29, 2012
Troy wrote:
I imagine there is a massive underground inside the San Jacinto Mountain. The Scientologiest are sitting at one secret entrance imo..and the other entrance is on the Palmsprings side....Years ago I wanted to poke around but a friend said to stay away from those people..so...I stayed away..but with 2012 coming..I imagine they have water, food, underground everything they need..hmm
I'm sure there's more than one underground tunnel in this town..from what i understood The Scientologist , also have a church or one associated w/ them over on Stetson..anyhow there is a tunnel that starts somewhere around Acacia, n ends beneath where this churh is located...Hmm, things that make u go Hmm!
jaon

Moreno Valley, CA

#62 Apr 27, 2012
[I've been here since 1962 the only tunnel on florida that i know of starts out in the riverbed in valevista a place called the tubes. the entrance was grated over some years back.my friends and i walked to state st. once it was about 1977. the other tunnel on the north side of the valley is a MWD water project that brings colorado river water and joins the aqueduct on warren road that feeds domenegoni resivoir. huell howser did a californias gold segment about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your Views - 06/03 (Jun '11) 17 hr positronium 8
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) Jul 25 who cares 113
News Would-be bird rescuers ticketed by officers (Jun '06) Jul 24 Tacy Hunt 4
GOScH Auto Group Sucks (Dec '11) Jul 21 chris 41
Menifee Authors Jul 20 286author 2
FUBU Clothing Company is Racist (Oct '12) Jul 20 fufbufan 50
We need better places Jul 20 UbetterUbet 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages