Public faces medical marijuana scam

Public faces medical marijuana scam

There are 297 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jul 23, 2008, titled Public faces medical marijuana scam. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A recent article in the Daily Bulletin regarding medical marijuana failed to mention the fallacies and problems associated with what has become a personal mission and profession for a limited few to blatantly ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

“where it all comes together”

Since: Apr 08

Santa Cruz, California

#267 Aug 2, 2008
As far as I'm concerned,'recreational' users earned this the old fashioned way. They worked for it. And they worked d-a-m-n hard for it. And Emery & Co. can have all the credit for this decision by California's Supreme Court. They deserve it.
John Thomas

Salinas, CA

#268 Aug 2, 2008
palmspringsbum

>>>"NORML's pimping of marijuana" ..... "It's time for drug reformers everywhere to quit pimping medical marijuana"

What are you talking about?

Using cocaine may be about as harmful as drinking alcohol. Why are you demonizing it? You want to impose a strange ethic on the NORML staff. They are not advocating cocaine use, or even change in the cocaine laws. BUT, that does not mean if some partake of it, it in any way dilutes or invalidates their position or message about marijuana. That's just weird.

I wouldn't use cocaine. I wouldn't recommend anyone use it. But I'm not going to condemn anyone for using it, just as I wouldn't condemn anyone for using alcohol or any other recreational drug. That is solely their private concern.

>>>"Emery & Co. can have all the credit for this decision by California's Supreme Court."
Nonsense.
Richard Steeb

Walnut Creek, CA

#269 Aug 2, 2008
http://norml.org/index.cfm...

Only issue I have is Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is the NORML con doing at a "100% smoke-free" hotel!?

See ya in Berzerkely?

Santa Cruz, California

#270 Aug 2, 2008
Richard Steeb wrote:
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Gro up_ID=7626
Only issue I have is Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is the NORML con doing at a "100% smoke-free" hotel!?
Doesn't show much consideration for medical patients, does it?

Tell me again, why should I be following these people and why do they deserve my support?

Santa Cruz, California

#271 Aug 2, 2008
Richard,

I want to thank you for making my point so much better than I ever could. In 18 words, or 19, depending on whether or not you count hyphenated words as one.
John Thomas

Salinas, CA

#272 Aug 2, 2008
Richard showed no disrespect for medical marijuana patients, nor have I seen any other person in the reform movement do so.

Apparently, it only takes place in your fevered imagination.

Santa Cruz, California

#273 Aug 2, 2008
John Thomas wrote:
Richard showed no disrespect for medical marijuana patients, nor have I seen any other person in the reform movement do so.
Right, for NORML to have their convention in a 100% non-smoking hotel is not disrespectful to anyone.

Santa Cruz, California

#274 Aug 2, 2008
John Thomas wrote:

For the good of "the movement" I will take care never again to mention that for NORML to have their convention in 100% non-smoking hotel is not only the height of hypocrisy, but disrespectful and inconsiderate of medical marijuana patients in the extreme.

Santa Cruz, California

#275 Aug 2, 2008
Flylightly wrote:
You want a hero for the movement look up Charles Lynch from SLO and the travesty thats befallen him. And for the AE schill on here who will probably call **** on Mr. Lynch for selling to a minor. Well that minor is another hero that needs to be mentioned his names Owen Beck. Who recieved his recomendation from a Stanford University Dr.
I'm wondering if Lynch might be the Lynch-pin for the feds intrusion into the states. I hope their lawyers are very busy this weekend.

Here is my thinking: California Court of Appeals declares 'medicinal use' is EXEMPT from the CSA.

Lynch bases his defense on that, and it goes to the Supreme Court with California vs. U.S....

With the weight of the State of California on OUR side.

Santa Cruz, California

#276 Aug 2, 2008
Here is the L.A. Times story, with Lynch surrounded by the city council cutting the ribbon for his store: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-weed2...

Now, when has Emery or any of the rest of those clowns ever got any city council to back them on anything? Much less he support of any council or government authority higher up the food chain?

Santa Cruz, California

#277 Aug 2, 2008
And his lawyers should be able to argue that THIS gives them the right to argue MEDICAL in federal court!
John Thomas

Salinas, CA

#278 Aug 2, 2008
psb

You go out of your way to look for slights. More and more hotels and other venues are going 100 percent smoke free. There will soon be no way to avoid it. Now, they don't say anything about being vapor-free 8^)

Every reformer has a different style. One of the things Marc Emery has done to great effect is to be an unabashed marijuana consumer. He doesn't just fight prohibition. He defiantly smokes and celebrates marijuana at every opportunity.

This goes a long way toward ending the demonization that supports prohibition.

Gays didn't achieve their great progress until they came out of the closet.

Santa Cruz, California

#279 Aug 2, 2008
John Thomas wrote:
Every reformer has a different style. One of the things Marc Emery has done to great effect is to be an unabashed marijuana consumer. He doesn't just fight prohibition. He defiantly smokes and celebrates marijuana at every opportunity.

This goes a long way toward ending the demonization that supports prohibition.

Gays didn't achieve their great progress until they came out of the closet.
A thread about this very topic.

Before Emery edited it: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-weed2...

After Emery editied it (search on "edited by Marc Scott": http://www.palmspringsbum.org/cc-forums/calif...

And it appears the version on their website currently is a real hoot, if you compare them.

Santa Cruz, California

#280 Aug 2, 2008
Whoops, here is the Before Emery Link: http://www.palmspringsbum.org/cc-forums/camp-...

Santa Cruz, California

#281 Aug 2, 2008
John,

Do you realize you are trying to accuse me of being opposed to what I was arguing for,- what I was arguing for against them - years ago?

Santa Cruz, California

#282 Aug 2, 2008
I am currently facing two trials in Santa Cruz for smoking in public, by the way. In the next couple of weeks.

Santa Cruz, California

#283 Aug 2, 2008
I am also attempting to get on the ballot for city council here. But I know better than to ask any of 'our' organizations to help or support me in this.
John Thomas

Salinas, CA

#284 Aug 2, 2008
psb

I said I wasn't going to discuss reformers, but here I am. I will try again.

>>>"I am currently facing two trials in Santa Cruz for smoking in public, by the way."

I thought Santa Cruz passed an iniative making marijuana arrests the lowest law enforcement priority.
Richard Steeb

Walnut Creek, CA

#285 Aug 3, 2008
palmspringsbum wrote:
<quoted text>
For the good of "the movement" I will take care never again to mention that for NORML to have their convention in 100% non-smoking hotel is not only the height of hypocrisy, but disrespectful and inconsiderate of medical marijuana patients in the extreme.
I know-- it's being sponsored by Storz& Bickel!

:D
Richard Steeb

Walnut Creek, CA

#286 Aug 3, 2008
John Thomas wrote:
psb
I said I wasn't going to discuss reformers, but here I am. I will try again.
>>>"I am currently facing two trials in Santa Cruz for smoking in public, by the way."
I thought Santa Cruz passed an iniative making marijuana arrests the lowest law enforcement priority.
Evidently "smoking" [anything] in public REALLY gets their panties in a bunch.[especially by folks who go out of their way to endear themselves to LEOs;]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Accused of Stealing Two Cars, Trying to Rob... Thu Nosafeplace 1
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) Wed Guesswho 14
What is there to do in Hemet ? (May '08) Apr 25 White13China 55
News PERRIS: Man charged with three counts of murder (Aug '13) Apr 24 White13China 3
Hemet-San Jacinto gang sweep nets 22 arrests (Nov '14) Apr 24 White13China 3
Hemet is a sanctuary city for illegal aliens (Dec '08) Apr 24 White13China 48
young gay guys in hemet (Oct '14) Apr 23 BigBlackBulge 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages