mobile home parks mismanagement, crime.

Posted in the Hemet Forum

iamleo

Calabasas, CA

#1 Jan 11, 2011
Does anyone have problems with management in your park, like selective enforcement of rules, allowing crime etc.
DancinDonut

Pasadena, CA

#2 Jan 13, 2011
I do not live in a park. But I will say if management will not enforce the law, call the police. Everyone has a camera on their cell phones these days. Take pics, show the cops when they show up.
Find out the company who owns your park, email them or write them. If you do not get a solution you want or need, document it all, and get a attorney.
One letter from a attorney usually straightens things out .
BatMan

Nuevo, CA

#3 Jan 13, 2011
iamleo wrote:
Does anyone have problems with management in your park, like selective enforcement of rules, allowing crime etc.
Call the Ombudsman for Mobile Homes. I think that the law requires that the owner/management of the park to post the name and phone number of the Ombudsman. If you need more help, call City Hall and they will direct you to the right department.
You could also contact the owner of the park. Sometimes the owner doesn't actually hear the complaints. It stops at the manager's office. Because the managers don't want to create waves. They would like for the park onwer to think that they are doing a great job. Good Luck and never give up!
iamleo

Calabasas, CA

#4 Jan 14, 2011
BatMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the Ombudsman for Mobile Homes. I think that the law requires that the owner/management of the park to post the name and phone number of the Ombudsman. If you need more help, call City Hall and they will direct you to the right department.
You could also contact the owner of the park. Sometimes the owner doesn't actually hear the complaints. It stops at the manager's office. Because the managers don't want to create waves. They would like for the park onwer to think that they are doing a great job. Good Luck and never give up!
Thanks to all but you batman provided the best advice. the owner does not want to hear it.
BatMan

Moreno Valley, CA

#5 Jan 15, 2011
iamleo wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks to all but you batman provided the best advice. the owner does not want to hear it.
BatMan is confused. That is why there is an Ombudsman.
If you are of elderly age, then you have more legal rights and at a very small fee, if any. Unfortunately there are people who own mobile home parks who are only interested in making the money and not concerned with pleasing the residents. Every January you should receive the new California Civil Code Provision booklet.
(Mobilehome Residency Law) these laws are designed and backed by the state of California and the management or owner of the park must obey them
as well as the residents/ homeowner. If I were you I would study the new Civil Code booklet and find what rights you have.
You can also go to www.sen.ca.gov/mobilehome for answers.
iamleo

Calabasas, CA

#7 Jan 15, 2011
FAA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious...what park do you live and what rules? I know people who live in a gated park and they have some issues there with people parking in their driveway. There is another thread here about another park that people were having problems with.
I live at fairview park, east Hemet. I was the volunteer security because we were having alot of street people bringing in drugs for some residents that think they run the place. they do not obey basic rules. They had tweekers living under their houses. Residents and their guests walking around drunk. Driving drunk. Outside people bringing booze. I was threatened to be shot. but had no witnesses. The manager quit and so did I,but they kept bothering me wanted to fight me,one was drunk came to hit me and I just pushed himaround He called the cops and said that I attacked him. New manager does nothing. Other people are bothered by this drunken group it is a longer story. People would like to move out but they are elderly and can not afford it. Itold them that I would do citizens arrest,so they keep it down, but if I move it will be open season on yhe older people. Anyway thanks all for your advise. Its an elderly park.
desert palms

Folsom, CA

#8 Jan 16, 2011
Manager lets a child molester move in. Everyone speeds. Kids only can play in the streets.
Everyone does add ons with no permits .
Our manager wife is the biggest gossiper in our park.
Our management has people paying the them under the table to get approved.
The management that got fired cared and would tow cars for red zone parking now at least 30 cars a night are parked in front of there homes if there was a fire the fire department wouldn't make it . And were suppose own our mobile home and now the park is renting them out. Now my mobile is worth 1/4 of it value.
We all need help cuz if anyone complains right away you get wrote up or have to fix thing that don't need fixing or painting .
desert palms

Folsom, CA

#9 Jan 16, 2011
iamleo wrote:
Yep desert palms
Pretty_Poison

Pasadena, CA

#10 Jan 16, 2011
My in laws lived in a Senior Park. But since there are so many mobiles for sale they are letting people in that are younger than 55 the age requirement. Also since times are hard a lot of the Seniors are letting their adult children move in with them. It is a hardship, cause the owners do not care, they are all about the Benjamin.
If you have management AND owners who do not care, your pretty much screwed. Like I said they can not move, they have lived there for 30 years.
For some the situations are terrible.
Donna B

Murrieta, CA

#11 Dec 16, 2011
All mobile home residents are covered under the California Mobilehome Residents Law and Health & Safety Laws, Both documents can be downloaded from the GSMOL.ORG web site. A meeting is held the last Thursday of each month for mobile home residents at the Hemet Library from 1-3, in the downstairs Community Room. The meeting is open to all non-management mobile home residents. If you have unreported crime going on, contact the Watch Commander at the Hemet Police Department and ask for daily patrols in your park

Good luck
Donna B
Hemet

Sun City, CA

#12 Jan 18, 2013
BatMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Check again - The Ombudsmn will not handle any violations of the Mobilehome Residency Laws. Contact GSMOL.ORG for more informationn on your rights and responsibilities as a mobilehome resident.
POOHMNGR

Sun City, CA

#13 Apr 22, 2014
I HAVE LIVED IN A SENIOR PARK SINCE I RETIRED FROM PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO. WE HAVE HAD OUR PARK WATER TURNED OFF WITHOT ANY WRITTEN NOTICE 10 TIMES. I UNDERSTAND ABOUT EMERGENCIES BUT THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND. THEY LEAVE IT OFF ANYWHERE FROM 2 TO 5 HOURS. WHEN MANAGER IS CONTACTED SHE HAS A BAD ATTITUDE AND SAYS A RISER IS BROKEN. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT AGENCY TO CONTACT. NO INFO IS GIVEN ABOUT THE OMBUDSMAN OR OWNER.
Sad sad sad

Pacific Palisades, CA

#14 May 3, 2014
Are there any elderly parks in hemet that allow SOME families with kids anymore?
Lightlife

Hemet, CA

#15 Oct 15, 2014
I was threatened and yelled at by the manager of my park; listens to gossip; don't respect

the homeowners/tenants. People live in fear; is like Soviet Russia. Crime also; need
to alert the police.
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#16 Oct 15, 2014
Lightlife wrote:
I was threatened and yelled at by the manager of my park; listens to gossip; don't respect
the homeowners/tenants. People live in fear; is like Soviet Russia. Crime also; need
to alert the police.
I would just move? that park has been trash for i think as long as it's been around,and besides I know of three houses for rent right now 1 is 3bdrm 2 bath for 850 a month the next is 2bdrm 1 bath for 750 a month and the cheepist is 2bdrm 1 bath 675 a month why live in a park when if you look hard enough you can live in a house????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marinello Schools of Beauty in Hemet is a Rip... (Jan '11) 2 hr fairplay 6
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... 4 hr SJ THEBOy 9
corruption with Riverside county CPS 5 hr lupita garcia 5
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... 5 hr Chris 2
Hemet - The worst city to live in california Thu Really 12
bums on bikes Thu kmnine 5
Review: Hemet Family Dentist,Dr Vimal Patel,DDS Dec 15 Michael2327 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match