Winco vs. SuperWalmart

Posted in the Hemet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
16yr resident

Valencia, CA

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Is that a Winco that's being built on West Florida Ave.? If they can't compete with SuperWalmart then what's the point.
I stopped shopping at Stater Bros when SuperWalmart opened.
Really, who can compete with the Waltons?
budrow

AOL

#2 Aug 16, 2009
Wal-mart is one of the worst companys in the world to support...........They are horrible to employees, but they do not seem to care....min. wage to 10.00 an hour, no benefits to part-timers, putting small mom and pops out of business......just scum that family is.......do not shop there, unless you only care about the price.....they are like a cult
Lenn

Hemet, CA

#3 Aug 17, 2009
Yes it is a Winco.
16yr resident

Valencia, CA

#4 Aug 17, 2009
The price is one of three reasons to shop there. No one can beat there prices and with 6 people in my home I really can't afford to go elsewhere. Second, is the stores selection. They have almost everything we need, in one location. Thirdly, because of their huge selection I do not waste time and gas running all over town for the exact same items.
I'm sorry but in these times money talks or should I say the lack of it.
I don't make judgment calls about stores.
WALMART IS GREAT

Menifee, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2009
WALMART HIRES disabled people that others won't. and these poor little mom and pop biz, guess what, they are idiots. they have houses paid for and only hire families. LONG LIVE WALMART FOREVER!!!
i hope all these cry baby mom -n- pop biz goes broke.
budrow wrote:
Wal-mart is one of the worst companys in the world to support..........They are horrible to employees, but they do not seem to care....min. wage to 10.00 an hour, no benefits to part-timers, putting small mom and pops out of business......just scum that family is.......do not shop there, unless you only care about the price.....they are like a cult
hppymom

Meridian, ID

#6 Sep 10, 2009
Winco gives wally a run for their money, they ARE cheaper then wally. There benifits are awsome! If your looking at a long term place to retire, Winco is the way to go. How many other places give you 170 grand in retirement in 8 years? Employee owned=smart
noelle

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Sep 10, 2009
Does anyone know when that winco will open? also, where can I inquire about job listings for that winco? I've looked on the website, but it doesn't mention anything!
noelle

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Sep 10, 2009
Uh, I live in Hemet! Why does my thing say North Hollywood, CA?!
Rob

San Jacinto, CA

#9 Sep 10, 2009
Winco is better for grocery shopping. Go check out the one in perris just off 74 (florida) and under the 215 and see for yourself.
16yr resident

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Sep 14, 2009
With Walmart two blocks away why even go to Winco, if only for the grand opening specials.
If your really looking for bargains on the food staples I would suggest to you to try some of the mexican markets in the valley like...El Toro Markets and Cardenas Market. They can even beat Walmart on those types of items.
Elizabeth

San Bernardino, CA

#11 Dec 7, 2009
for some reason ppl seem to think walmart is so cheap but i am a bargain shopper and trust me they are not that cheap.. some items yes, but alot of the groceries never go on sale like they do at staters or winco!
SingleMom

Idaho Falls, ID

#12 Dec 9, 2011
I've been applying at the corporate office in Boise for a couple years now. I've heard how great they treat their employees and would love to be part of the Winco family!
hppymom wrote:
Winco gives wally a run for their money, they ARE cheaper then wally. There benifits are awsome! If your looking at a long term place to retire, Winco is the way to go. How many other places give you 170 grand in retirement in 8 years? Employee owned=smart

Since: May 11

United States

#13 Dec 11, 2011
I shop at wincos foor my grocerys and walmart for other items .. no lyin there both good stores but not for the local businesses.
DancinDonut

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Dec 13, 2011
I DO NOT shop at the BIG box stores. I happen to think buying products made in China is just wrong. YES we have put people to work, but look at how downgraded people are who work at these places. They are treated terribly, they do not make a decent salary, and benefits barely any.

I tried Winco when it first opened, I bought bulk hamburger meat, and it had fillers and strings in it. I thought I was going to hurl. They are not that much cheaper than Staters, so will just keep shopping there.
liveinhemet

Hemet, CA

#15 Dec 13, 2011
DancinDonut wrote:
I DO NOT shop at the BIG box stores. I happen to think buying products made in China is just wrong. YES we have put people to work, but look at how downgraded people are who work at these places. They are treated terribly, they do not make a decent salary, and benefits barely any.
I tried Winco when it first opened, I bought bulk hamburger meat, and it had fillers and strings in it. I thought I was going to hurl. They are not that much cheaper than Staters, so will just keep shopping there.
Big Box stores are not the only ones selling products from China. Macy's and Pennys. Sears, Toys R Us and everyone else sell China made products.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#16 Dec 13, 2011
Just about everything is made in china now. We used to make products right here, in the good old USA. But thanks to corporate greed, the US economy has collapsed due to "cheap" outside labor!

How much of a bargain was that?

Can you hear me NOW, pro-illegal-immigrant-worker supporters?

I would GLADLY pay twice (or 3 times) as much for a tomato if I knew the profit would go back into the USA economy.
Jen

Moreno Valley, CA

#17 Dec 15, 2011
DancinDonut wrote:
You think buying products made is China is wrong? Hypocrite. I'll bet you've bought several products made in China this month if not this week.
liveinhemet

Hemet, CA

#18 Dec 16, 2011
Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
You think buying products made is China is wrong? Hypocrite. I'll bet you've bought several products made in China this month if not this week.
I wish we didn't have to buy the products made in other countries.
We need the work here. And heaven forbid if China gets mad at us. Seems like everything we buy is made there and they can hold that over us. All they have to do is cut us off.
Not 1 light bulb is made in this country anymore.
I think this is a big problem and we will regret it one day.
DancinDonut

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Dec 17, 2011
Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
JEN I like MOST now days TRY NOT to buy products made in China. I have no other problem buying from other countries, because they have honest trade imports/exports with the US. DO you realize we BUY 3 times the product from China than it does the USA?
YOU even thought WHY the jobs have dried UP in America? IF we continue TO buy products made in China, we are only hurting ourselves. PICK UP what you are about to buy, IF it is made in China ask yourself, DO I REALLY need this, if not put it down. WHILE your asking yourself about the products, ask do I really need to be in this BIG box store, can I shop at say Staters, Vons, or Ace, or some place smaller owned locally.
YOU all can call me a hypocrite all you want, BUT I am working on change even if it is IN MY CORNER of the world.

Since: Dec 11

Moreno Valley, CA

#20 Dec 20, 2011
I'm all for buying locally. I know all about jobs drying up. You're preaching to the choir.

I suppose I'm just a bit annoyed when people come off as "holier than thou" by claiming not to shop at Big Box stores because of those products made in China (products not made in the USA are everywhere and I'd be really surprised if you were able to avoid it) and then goes right on to describe how they shop at Stater Bros (Which is not as big as Walmart but is certainly not any locally owned small business as you seem to think) as well as then admit they buy stuff made in China all the time.

Besides shopping, just how are you working on change in your corner of world? That should be what you're bragging about.

I'm no better mind you. I hate to shop at Walmart - but many times can't afford not to.$4 prescriptions?(etc.) I need to focus on using less and being less of a consumer... says I, as I finish my Christmas shopping.

Am I also a hypocrite? Someone who does't practice what they preach? Let me know when you figure out how to do it.

Winco, to bring this back to the topic, is employee owned. We used to be loyal to Stater Bros but switched to Winco after comparing their prices. We recently got a gift card for Stater's and picked up a few things. I was surprised about the difference on several things by a whole dollar. I also like their bulk food section.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookers in Hemet (Sep '11) Wed HillBilly 132
Black teens loitering outside E. Hemet stores (Jul '11) Feb 20 tellinitlikeitis 43
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Feb 17 David f Miller 342
young gay guys in hemet (Oct '14) Feb 17 David f Miller 25
The under ground tunnel , Florida ave. downtown... (Oct '11) Feb 17 Jeff 90
Harrassment and Stalking (Aug '12) Feb 17 David f Miller 23
McDonalds (Aug '14) Feb 17 Lewis Millhouse 10

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages