disqusted with how our town is!

disqusted with how our town is!

Posted in the Hemet Forum

Old time Hemet resident

Moreno Valley, CA

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Section 8 housing has arrived as well as diversity within our town. I am not opposed to diversity, but why did our crime rate go up with the addition of both? I get that times are tough and people need help, but welfare has become a way of life instead of a temporary form of help. Those receiving any form of welfare assistance should have to do community service daily. After all nothing is "Free". Maybe welfare should become a government work program and all recipients load up and clean up their surrounding community; paint, use a shovel to cut weeds, assist in the schools to increase literacy, the list of needs is lengthy. If they are made to feel worthy,and exhausted at the end of the day instead of wait for the next hand out, maybe our society can begin to rebuild. When our societal pyramid has crumbled at the bottom, the pyramid will cease to rise. Hence the problem of our town, state, and country.
Pretty_Poison

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jan 16, 2013
If you read topix at all...this has been voiced for years here.

It is time we take it off, a local avenue and start to write the people we have put in office. It is time WE ALL sat down and wrote a letter to YOUR Mayor, council, Governor, Senator, Congressman and YES even the President. IF enough Americans wrote these letters... some one will take NOTICE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same Sex Marriage: Yes or No? 17 hr chris 4
Mexico Walmart in San Jacinto (Apr '11) Sun ana 70
Randy freeman Jul 4 Lee 1
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) Jul 3 Kristen_C 7
Diabetes: I believe it's due to obesity Jun 29 Lady Morgana 27
News Felon Arraigned on Assault, Robbery, Attempted ... Jun 29 Larry Miller 1
News Theater Complex, Bowling Alley Coming to Menife... (May '14) Jun 28 Lady Morgana 17
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages