Who will you vote for Hemet City Coun...

Who will you vote for Hemet City Council and Why? Spread some truth.

Created by Save Hemet on Oct 2, 2010

757 votes

Click on an option to vote

Lowe

Claverie

Flores

Galletta

Krupa

Peters

Thibodeaux

Ayala

Smith

Tavenner

Voter

Murrieta, CA

#62 Oct 10, 2010
Told you Larry Smith is a douche. And no, I am not a cop.....
Common Sense

Murrieta, CA

#63 Oct 10, 2010
Are you kidding me wrote:
All I can do is laugh when I read this blog. Many of you are out of touch with what is happening in this election. As for the money why is it that most candidates have spent anywhere from 3k to 10k and others have only spent 1300? Could it be those candidates have financial backing from a bigger source?
Why is it that Larry Smith and Joyce Thibodeaux have the same kind of signs as most of the candidates in the San Jacinto race for city council? Could it be that they all have the same financial backing? Larry Smith and Joyce Thibodeaux don't have the same kind of nice signs that all the other candidates in Hemet have. They have signs that have been used by pasted candidates and are ready to fall apart. If these candidates are not willing to take pride in putting out a nice sign that has their own name on it why would they have any pride in our city?
It seems to me that their financial backing is coming from John Petty who is on the County Planning Comission. It is funny that Larry Smith is on the Hemet Planning Comission, any relation there???? Smith keeps saying that he is a small business owner, why is he employed as a Sales Manager at Pacific Aggregate? When was the last time he worked in Hemet?
If Larry Smith and Joyce Thibodeaux are related they need to come out and say so, if they are hidding something so small what else are they willing to hide if they were elected to council???? Oh I guess maybe something like the have co-chaired and co-sponsored measures X and Y. What is that all about???
When you look at the rest of the candidates they are on all these different committees what does this prove? The only thing I can think of is they owe special favors to someone.
I am discussed with this blog and its non-truths about candidates. People really need to do their research.
It is funny how some candidates are getting talked about more than others and I wonder why that is?
It's refreshing to know that there is others out there who know the truth!
Bo Jackson

Murrieta, CA

#64 Oct 10, 2010
There is clearly special interests working here. John Petty is a crook and funds members that take care of him.
NOT LOWE

Perris, CA

#65 Oct 10, 2010
Iced Tea wrote:
Wonder which City Candidate did the Minor's contribute to last night? Or any of the Minors for that matter....
Robin Lowe Who Else.
Stop corruption

Chino Hills, CA

#66 Oct 11, 2010
Check this out!

San Jacinto Assembly of God
ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD

Susan Barnes
*Mark Bartel
David Gibson
*Wes Ingle
Rod Kemp
Curtis Morse
Don Ranney
*Larry Smith
*Hon. Robert Youssef

Bartel, Ingle, Smith and Youssef! All received some sort of support from John Petty. Their signs are all John Petty signs!

There's no political agenda here, right?

Is it any surprise that SJA is having a political forum that IS NOT open to all the candidates?

Let me guess, all in the name of God???
Stop corruption

Chino Hills, CA

#67 Oct 11, 2010

Murrieta, CA

#68 Oct 11, 2010
Stop corruption wrote:
Check this out!
San Jacinto Assembly of God
ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD
Susan Barnes
*Mark Bartel
David Gibson
*Wes Ingle
Rod Kemp
Curtis Morse
Don Ranney
*Larry Smith
*Hon. Robert Youssef
Bartel, Ingle, Smith and Youssef! All received some sort of support from John Petty. Their signs are all John Petty signs!
There's no political agenda here, right?
Is it any surprise that SJA is having a political forum that IS NOT open to all the candidates?
Let me guess, all in the name of God???
And Scott Miller is a pastor there.Who also appears to be getting John Petty signs!
Hand in the Cookie Jar

Perris, CA

#69 Oct 12, 2010
Save Hemet wrote:
What do you know about her ties to El Toro Markets?
Seriously, how do you weigh in about her ties to El Toro Markets and Cordero?
Voice of reason

Hilmar, CA

#70 Oct 12, 2010
Why don't all the candidates sit in front of a computer and play simcity they can all start out with a town with an overabundance of housing, no industry or major arteries and minimal tax revenue. Whoever gets the highest score will get my vote.
HemetisHeaven

Murrieta, CA

#71 Oct 12, 2010
New Hemet Blog
www.hemetisheaven.net
WHISP

Los Angeles, CA

#72 Oct 12, 2010
I noticed the blog regarding the N/E corner of Florida and Hemet Sts., is missing. Let me reword it: The Hemet City Council approved the subject real property for a fire station. It nopw sets vacvant because it is on an earthquake fault. It was purchased from a civil engineer who knew it was unbuildable. The fire department is threatening to close other facilities due to lack of funds. The above mentioned corner was purchased for $695,000. A certain council woman has a personal vested interest in this! They agreed to pay $11.95 per S.F. rather than go across the street and pay $3.50 per s.f. You may not print this but it isn't going to stop here ... count on it!
Concerned Citizen

AOL

#73 Oct 12, 2010
The last thing Hemet needs is another fire station. There are County fire stations all around the area. Why not contract with them and save us all a lot of money? The station they just closed averaged only one call per day. It obviously should never have been built either.
WHISP

Los Angeles, CA

#74 Oct 12, 2010
"Concerned citizen" seems to care nothing about the $695,000 pay-off for a parcel of useless real estate purchased by the Hemet City Coincil. Either he/she is so focused on its own comment that it has missed the point of corruption which 95% of us are concerned with. Why are you so concerned about the number of fire stations when the whole point of this is the waste of your tax dollars/ Or don't you pay city taxes?
Concerned Citizen

AOL

#75 Oct 12, 2010
Whisp,

I understand the point being made very clearly. I have no actual knowledge of the affair so hard for me to comment one way or another. Unlike many people here, I prefer to deal in truth's and things I know to be fact....not in innuendo or character assassination. If what you say is fact, then I would tend to be on your side although I would need to know the whole story. I was making the bigger point which was that the land probably shouldnt have been purchased at all for the purpose stated.
Concerned Citizen

AOL

#76 Oct 12, 2010
By the way, all you people, or proably only one person if the truth were known, who keep referring to John Petty as a "dirty developer".....I don't know him and know little about him except mostly what I have read here.....but I do know that he supported current council member Jim Foreman in the last election. I don't hear anyone saying anything about him being corrupt? Why not? Is it because he is ex-Hemet PD and a union supporter?

Just wondering..........

Murrieta, CA

#77 Oct 12, 2010
Concerned Citizen...Jim Foreman refused money from John Petty. Unlike Lori Van Arsdale, Robin Lowe, Robert Youssef, Jerry Franchville, Larry Smith, Joyce Thibodeaux and that's just the Hemet race.
Scum Buster

Hemet, CA

#78 Oct 12, 2010
I find it ironic that so much negative is being written about Melissa Galletta.... Quite honestly, I think all the negative players are afraid she is going to discover all their dirty little secrets.... Mmmmm!

Keep up the good work Melissa, it's time for a good house cleaning..... And to those who's seats will be comming up in the next election.... Here's recomending that we vote you out next... It's time to rid our city of greedy council members that are only out for themselves and their financial backers....

Vote Melissa Galletta for Hemet City Council.....
Rumor Control

Perris, CA

#79 Oct 12, 2010
Life Long Hemet Citizen wrote:
I find it peculiar that the only "negative" statement that has been made against Melissa Galletta is that she is a police officers wife. For one I view it as a plus given the fact that our city is suffering from an increase in crime. However that is not all that is to be said for her, she is also a long-time Hemet resident and a hard working mother that is concerned for the future of her fellow citizens home. She is passionate about the issues at hand and has a refreshing grasp on reality that will be a fantastic asset to our community.
Melissa Galletta is fraught with questionable endorsements and conflicts of interest. Is she naive or just plain stupid? If elected, Galletta would ethically be compelled to recuse herself from voting on many hot topics. So, don't waste your vote.

At least two developers are backing her - Eddie Cordero and Jafar "Jeff" Rahman.
Both of these individuals have projects pending, either in planning or with the City of Hemet.

The Cordero family wants rezoning of 40 acres at Esplanade and Sanderson.

Jafar Rahman owner of El Toro Markets wants two projects - A 23,609 sq ft El Toro Market at State and Devonshire Streets; and another El Toro Market near Florida and Columbia in Riverside County Planning.

Melissa Galletta is an unlikely pawn in a major power play that is about to reshape the future of Hemet.
Concerned Citizen

AOL

#80 Oct 13, 2010
Melissa Galleta is backed by the greediest and most corrupt group of all.....the police union.
underscore

United States

#81 Oct 13, 2010
Some people will do and say anything in order to discredit their opponents. Galletta is a worthy and qualified opponent and it's clear that you are threatened by her!
Her reputation is beyond reproach and yet you write lie after lie in order to try and convince people that you're telling the truth. The harder you try, the more your lies are revealed.
You're just an example of what is wrong with Hemet and our country today. Just a bunch of cowards calling yourselves men and claiming to be righteous. You and your cowardly cohorts will be revealed for what you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
unlicened gardners 1 hr tellinitlikeitis 2
Is it just me, or are people from Hemet really ... (Feb '08) 6 hr rajaincajain 84
Homeless People Everywhere Fri jasond 1
News Husband & wife accused of beating man in Calime... (Mar '16) Feb 10 tellinitlikeitis 3
The under ground tunnel , Florida ave. downtown... (Oct '11) Feb 10 tellinitlikeitis 101
Poll Has Hemet become a dumping ground for parolees ... (Jul '15) Feb 5 Dolphin 12
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... (Feb '15) Feb 2 DK FSS 15

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages