San Jacinto: North Mountain 'S' rehab was successful

Feb 28, 2014 Full story: The Press-Enterprise 21

The striking appearance of the historic, spruced-up North Mountain "S" satisfied promises made by San Jacinto City Council members Mark Bartel and Andrew Kotyuk.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ClownsAtCityHall

El Dorado Hills, CA

#1 Mar 2, 2014
Yeah, the valley gets a bad rap because idiots like Bartel and Kotyuk think that sending prison labor to paint a landmark somehow obscures the fact that moron Hults is still in charge.

The place is a joke and people know it!
AKotyuk

South Gate, CA

#2 Mar 3, 2014
Congratulations to mother Russia, we knew you can do this. To H_e_l_l with liberty in Ukrane...we both love dictatorial rule!!!!!!!

Brotherly Love,

A. Kotyuk, T. Hults, et al
Steve is great

Santa Ana, CA

#3 Mar 3, 2014
I see the most honest..ethical person alive still has some anger issues!! I mean seriously, get over it Steve! You're a nobody... A has been... Everyone knows it, even your wife, if she is still your wife?? Or is that ex number 5 or 6? Who really keeps track anyways.....
UrAnIdiot

El Dorado Hills, CA

#4 Mar 3, 2014
[QUOTE who="Steve is great" even your wife, if she is still your wife?? Or is that ex number 5 or 6? Who really keeps track anyways.....[/QUOTE]

Boy are you an idiot!!! BTW, how's your girlfriend, Mr. SJ city attorney, doing these days?
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#5 Mar 4, 2014
The "S" On the San Jacinto mountains stands for SH@T Hole
enlightened citizen

San Jacinto, CA

#6 Mar 5, 2014
HELL-OOOO ...everybody (should) knows that it stands for the group whose compound lies under it ... SCIENTOLOGY. obvious. if it actually was in honor of the city, then the city's name would have to be "sanjacinto". unbelievable that no one has thought to properly display the city's name, by adding the "j". unless, of course, it is actually part of l.ron's legacy. messing with it might end up displeasing the city's only true film production company's people, and drive the prospering film industry out of town forever. oh, wait. I must've missed it.
GiveITaRest

Yucaipa, CA

#7 Mar 5, 2014
For all the negative comments, Really? This is a long standing tradition, and if you new comers don't like it feel free move and take the movie making CULT with you!
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#8 Mar 6, 2014
enlightened citizen wrote:
HELL-OOOO ...everybody (should) knows that it stands for the group whose compound lies under it ... SCIENTOLOGY. obvious. if it actually was in honor of the city, then the city's name would have to be "sanjacinto". unbelievable that no one has thought to properly display the city's name, by adding the "j". unless, of course, it is actually part of l.ron's legacy. messing with it might end up displeasing the city's only true film production company's people, and drive the prospering film industry out of town forever. oh, wait. I must've missed it.
Genius! then it must also stand for Slavery,And i still say S@%t hole is appropriate as well.
GiveITaRest

Yucaipa, CA

#9 Mar 6, 2014
Chris, what is your problem? People like you do not make this Valley a better place to live. If you can't contribute something positive, beat it!
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#10 Mar 7, 2014
GiveITaRest wrote:
Chris, what is your problem? People like you do not make this Valley a better place to live. If you can't contribute something positive, beat it!
So you condone Scientology? You need do do some research on it.It's alarming, how they treat their members. And there have been more murders in San Jacinto just in the last 3 months,Then there have been in hemet all last year?. So How else would you you define it? After Watching this valley transform itself for the last 45 years, You have to call it what It is.The only Way your going to save this valley is somehow, Elect non corrupt politicians (Yeah Right!)Unless you were here when this valley Had a bank on every corner, And most of San Jacinto were potato fields and Alfalfa,Then maybe you ought to "Give it A rest"
GiveITaRest

Yucaipa, CA

#11 Mar 7, 2014
The pendulum swings. Take responsibility for the changes that you can personally make. Yeah, I can remember when those kooks took over MCI and Gilman Hot Springs--my suggestion was that you take them with you, when you leave. In-the-mean-time a harmless tradition such as the "S" should be left to those of us, who do indeed, remember where we've come from. Do you remember where the "H" was?
As far as Scientology "members", they got themselves into that cult.
Weak- minded little dweebs. As far as I can tell, they probably deserve to be attached to the hot walker.
enlightened citizen

San Jacinto, CA

#12 Mar 9, 2014
GiveITaRest wrote:
The pendulum swings. Take responsibility for the changes that you can personally make. Yeah, I can remember when those kooks took over MCI and Gilman Hot Springs--my suggestion was that you take them with you, when you leave. In-the-mean-time a harmless tradition such as the "S" should be left to those of us, who do indeed, remember where we've come from. Do you remember where the "H" was?
As far as Scientology "members", they got themselves into that cult.
Weak- minded little dweebs. As far as I can tell, they probably deserve to be attached to the hot walker.
GiveITaRest, while i am completely in favor of harmless traditions, hell- even some harmful ones- i have to consider the perspective of newbies, tourists, people flying overhead, people younger than 20, etc., in looking at this. unaware of the little tradition of withholding letters, they may determine that the "s" must mark the area, and it's denizens, as : Stupid, Senile, Senseless, the list is endless. And when referring to city leaders : Swindlers and Scammers are the first to come to my mind. What is wrong with updating the tradition, to complete the city's honored graffiti, by adding the "j" ? hmmm... that sounds logical to me. at least then, there'd be no question about it. and i just about laughed coffee out of my nose, to hear there was once an "h" ! was the purpose for that, to help people remember that the "j" is pronounced with the "h" sound.... san HAcinto? thanks for the laughs that i will be bursting out with for the rest of the day.
as far as the cult groupies go, i have looked into the whole 'religion' just a minute amount on my own, and, as i understand it, not all members actually have made a conscious choice for themselves. i am speaking of the children, whose parents have chosen the lifestyle, and have subjected their children to it. without any other options offered to them, obviously, this has been their "normal" from day one, and may not be aware that they are dweebs at all.
GiveITaRest

Yucaipa, CA

#13 Mar 9, 2014
Hope you're still laughing. The "H" was for HEMET and was just outside of town.
Funny, there were a lot of "options" that I didn't offer my children, and somehow they are all off on their own. Sooner or later the light bulb goes on, But you are correct, there is reportedly brain-washing going on over there.
ClownsAtCityHall

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Mar 9, 2014
GiveITaRest wrote:
For all the negative comments, Really? This is a long standing tradition, and if you new comers don't like it feel free move and take the movie making CULT with you!
Really? The tradition entails SJ residents, mainly H.S. students, going up the hill and doing the work, not corrupt city government officials commanding prisoners to do the work. This is the work of bureaucratic propagandists who have little understanding of democratic valley traditions and instead seem to revel their Tsarist inspired autocratic garbage (see US DOJ lawsuit against the city of San Jacinto and Crimea has nothing on the city of San Jacinto)!!!
GiveITaRest

Yucaipa, CA

#15 Mar 9, 2014
Yes, both the S and the H use to be maintained by high school students. Unfortunately extra activities were curtailed because of insurance reasons etc. As the article stated the extended Ward family has kept up the tradition. If they got a little help from the jail birds, so be it. I see it no different then the HOLLYWOOD sign--a land mark.
ClownsAtCityHall

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Mar 9, 2014
GiveITaRest wrote:
Yes, both the S and the H use to be maintained by high school students. Unfortunately extra activities were curtailed because of insurance reasons etc. As the article stated the extended Ward family has kept up the tradition. If they got a little help from the jail birds, so be it. I see it no different then the HOLLYWOOD sign--a land mark.
Oh yeah, the city is so lucky to have the Wards keep up the "tradition", obviously their connection to the corrupt and greedy former county stupervisor Venable enables the corruption that has seeped into the democratically adverse city government (see U.S. DOJ sues the city of San Jacinto). And the HOLLYWOOD comparison...ahahahahaha!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!
enlightened citizen

San Jacinto, CA

#17 Mar 9, 2014
I don't understand exactly how this case is in any way related, except perhaps that people with certain disabilities would not be able to access the location of the "s". here is the sum-up of the case :

" The U.S. Department of Justice has sued San Jacinto, claiming the city discriminates against disabled residents by restricting where group homes can operate.

According to the complaint, which alleges violations of the federal Fair Housing Act and Americans with Disabilities Act, the city’s residential zoning does not allow group homes anywhere in the city, unless granted a special permit to be in areas zoned for multi-family housing.

The complaint cited a November 2008 sweep in which city officials and armed sheriff’s deputies visited 19 group homes and interrogated the residents of those with mentally disabled inhabitants, but didn’t interrogate the residents of the other homes.

Following that sweep, some group homes were shut down. Others that still operate have been visited repeatedly, up through this year, and have been fined from $100 to $1,000 a day.
GiveITaRest

Yucaipa, CA

#18 Mar 9, 2014
Small towns all across the U.S. have the same tradition. Everything is not always politically motivated. As far at the comparison, it is what it is.
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#19 Mar 10, 2014
But really, The "S" As well as the "H" was when this valley was something to be proud of. They used to light up the s during homecoming, But this new generation don't give A damn about that these Day's. Kinda sad Instead of pride in our community from younger folks,We see Violence and crime Thats the real issue that is making it a S@it Hole
ClownsAtCityHall

El Dorado Hills, CA

#20 Mar 10, 2014
Chris wrote:
But really, The "S" As well as the "H" was when this valley was something to be proud of. They used to light up the s during homecoming, But this new generation don't give A damn about that these Day's. Kinda sad Instead of pride in our community from younger folks,We see Violence and crime That's the real issue that is making it a S@it Hole
That's what happens when a government turns crooked and allows corruption to rule, for example Ayres, Hults and the rest. The problem is that Hults' negligent planning and collusion with political criminals led to the current state of affairs. This is not opinion but has been demonstrated down through history (if you study history that is).

Now the current gang of morons think they can cover the mess by sending prisoners to paint the "S" on the hill? That's a joke, just like the idiots who condone this garbage (Wards, Venable, et al).

Don't blame this on young kids who are victims of Hults and his crooked companions!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... 21 hr mary 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Sat gmaliscious 6
Hemet - The worst city to live in california Sat Joe Hemet 13
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Sat Joe Hemet 1
Marinello Schools of Beauty in Hemet is a Rip... (Jan '11) Dec 19 fairplay 6
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 19 SJ THEBOy 9
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... Dec 19 Chris 2

High Wind Watch for Riverside County was issued at December 21 at 1:55PM PST

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:46 pm PST