East Hemet: Pursuit ends in fatal officer-involved-shooting

Jun 26, 2013 Full story: The Press-Enterprise 30

Officials at the scene of an officer-involved shooting along East Mayberry Avenue, east of San Jacinto Street, on Wednesday, June 26. The gunfire erupted at roughly 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, along East Mayberry Avenue, east of San Jacinto Street.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lej

Winchester, CA

#38 Jul 2, 2013
There has not been confirmation he brandished any gun at the police at the time of the shooting. The police could have found a weapon inside the car after the shooting so there is still unconfirmed events here that should be in public domain but for some reason appears to be not coming out. Rumor has it his family will be suing the city and police department because he was unarmed at the time of the shooting. If that's so, come-on, 20 to 25 shots on an unarmed suspect, that's just insanity taking over on the part of the officers who were firing. We appreciate the work our police do on our behalf but somebody has to start demanding better training for them because lack of training is not fair to them as well and is most likely the cause of so many of these recent incidents surfacing.
Rob Whitey

Sun City, CA

#39 Jul 2, 2013
Well, I didn't get shot last night. Know why?
Cause I didn't get in a FN high speed chase with the police. You do something like that there are different scenarios that are going to unfold. One would be you pull over and not get shot. Another (the worst) you choose to accelerate and take the police on a high speed chase with the final result of you getting shot and killed.
lej

Winchester, CA

#40 Jul 2, 2013
There should not be a high speed chase in city limits, and if there were, Hemet is a small town and even I could make it more then a couple blocks in four minutes.
One can only speculate what was going on in his mind at the time, but the police should not have shot to kill 25 times when he did pull over. A well trained officer could have taken him down with one shot. We need to demand better training of our officers before an innocent bystander is the victim of their "quick to draw" attitude.
gizelle

United States

#41 Jul 2, 2013
Assuming he didn't brandish a weapon, the police could of used their tazers?
Rob Whitey

Sun City, CA

#42 Jul 2, 2013
gizelle wrote:
Assuming he didn't brandish a weapon, the police could of used their tazers?
Yeah, why don't you go be a police officer than. You can make split second life or death decissions.

I'm FN sick of pos bleeding hearts questioning, condemning the officers. Easy for you to review the incident at your leasure, than make assumptions on what could've taken place.

Think it's like that? Than change careers and put your life on the line dealing with pos's that have no reguard to anyone but themselves.

I can remember the days when the command was "stop or I'll shoot". If you didn't stop, you got shot. Not many kept going after that command because they knew.

Now, the pos's that the bleeding hearts are defending have more rights than the one's protecting your safety.

But if that sht happens in your backyard or to your family member it's a different story, huh?

go figure.
Dee92544

Hemet, CA

#43 Jul 3, 2013
Funny no mention of his brand new baby daughter in intensive care fighting for her life. I would hope out of this tragedy this baby is not forgotten and her needs will be taken care of.
forgotten

Hemet, CA

#44 Jul 3, 2013
YAY...more taxpayer dollars to save a POS's offspring...exactly what we all need...RIGHT?

I am sure all of you bottom-feeders LOVE this. But HONEST TAX-PAYING CITIZENS are getting fed-up with your demands to fund your declining spiral to HELL. Enough is enough. Get it? Stop breeding useless trash into "the system" for a start. I guess that is a concept that you would not understand...
forgotten

Hemet, CA

#45 Jul 4, 2013
Dee92544 wrote:
Funny no mention of his brand new baby daughter in intensive care fighting for her life. I would hope out of this tragedy this baby is not forgotten and her needs will be taken care of.
No prob, honest taxpayers will step up to the donation/TAX plate, as always. My TAXES pay for your USELESSNESS! Good job...you got another one out of that dirty infested hole between your legs! Thanks for your contribution to the decline of Humans on this place we call Earth! Funny how my TAXES pay for your health care, housing, food, cars....and those animals you call "children" are raised to do the same thing again. Generational welfare...the best thing going for NON-WHITES...EVER! Never-ending cycle we are on, honest folks working for living, paying "taxes" to support those who refuse to lift a finger to do something to help themselves to a better life. Thanks for your participation...and I DO NOT owe you 40 acres and a mule. Get off your ass and do something for yourself, for once!
east hemet

Lenexa, KS

#47 Jul 20, 2013
I'm glad one less low life on the streets. We should all chip in and buy more bulletts. So we can return to having safe neighborhoods. Keep up the good work.
forgotten

Hemet, CA

#48 Jul 21, 2013
Well. I seem to be the odd guy out...I believe in working for a living, not leeching off of others. Maybe I am one of a few of the dying breed, maybe all you leeches will take over, but I can say, with pride, that I have done my part, and YOU haven't! Thanks for being a POS. Now please line up for the photo op...look here...smile when you see the flash...and CATCH SOME LEAD! You all need more of that...and I am ready, willing, and able to deliver. PLEASE come to my house...I have a lot of old ammo that needs to be spent..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption with Riverside county CPS 18 hr SAD BUT TRUE 11
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) Thu lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Thu Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Dec 24 lupita garcia 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info