East Hemet: Pursuit ends in fatal officer-involved-shooting

Jun 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Press-Enterprise

Officials at the scene of an officer-involved shooting along East Mayberry Avenue, east of San Jacinto Street, on Wednesday, June 26. The gunfire erupted at roughly 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, along East Mayberry Avenue, east of San Jacinto Street.

Comments
21 - 40 of 41 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2013
Nuance

Hemet, CA

#28 Jun 29, 2013
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
Do we know what race? Never saw it anywhere?
Go to this link if you want to see what McCullough looked like. He is pictured with one of his kids.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Yucaipa, CA

#29 Jun 29, 2013
worksmarternotharder wrote:
I don't know why you all are talking bad about the woman and children its not their fault that the male in their life did this nowadays its all about geting whatever benefits you can get working till you drop is a thing of the past why would you put yourself and your families through that if our government can give alittle to you i mean come on its not like their not making millions+ in taxes anyway
Are you frickin' kidding me. Where do you think the tax money comes from anyway--from us. Taken from us to give to loosers. Who's "fault" is it then for this woman to have not one but 2 bastards? She should have had her tubes tied. In the mean time she should save the boo-hooing because he thought so much of her and his kids, he couldn't make it home! Grow up and take care of your own sorry self. Quit looking for handouts.
worksmarternotha rder

United States

#30 Jun 29, 2013
So your so quick to point out people that in your opinion are losers but i don't hear you mentioning all the crooks in Washington who we call our politicians I don't hear you speaking about all the corporate greed that plagues this country we call home Is there a reason for your one-sided views on the matter? You people are quick to put down real America i hope your sh1ty town continues to get over-ran by all the "undesirables" that you Hemet rejects fear so much :-)
Anna

United States

#31 Jun 29, 2013
So your so quick to point out people that in your opinion are losers but i don't hear you mentioning all the crooks in Washington who we call our politicians I don't hear you speaking about all the corporate greed that plagues this country we call home Is there a reason for your one-sided views on the matter? You people are quick to put down real America i hope your sh1ty town continues to get over-ran by all the "undesirables" that you Hemet rejects fear so much :-)
And the biggest crook? Barrack Huessien Obama and his ugly, nasty wife.
worksmarternotha rder

United States

#32 Jun 30, 2013
I think he's better then G W Bush though in my opinion what do u think ?
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Yucaipa, CA

#33 Jun 30, 2013
It's hardly one-sided. I'm not in favor of anybody taking money from one person to give to another. This came up because the "baby's momma", put her face out there on television and brought attention to herself. And the "real America" is to use your own initiative to elevate and maintain your standard of living. Not keep having babies, that the parents can't support, and looking for public support. I hate to bring you the news, the tax payers are just plain fed up with getting more and more of the burden for the poor life choices that are being made by others. Make a bad choice--live with it. Don't make it my problem.
Anna

Hemet, CA

#34 Jun 30, 2013
I think he's better then G W Bush though in my opinion what do u think ?
They both stink. But I can't stand Obamas pompous, holier than thou attitude about it. It's his character that I can't stand. Probably a nice guy before office.
Ben Dover

Sun City, CA

#35 Jul 1, 2013
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hardly one-sided. I'm not in favor of anybody taking money from one person to give to another. This came up because the "baby's momma", put her face out there on television and brought attention to herself. And the "real America" is to use your own initiative to elevate and maintain your standard of living. Not keep having babies, that the parents can't support, and looking for public support. I hate to bring you the news, the tax payers are just plain fed up with getting more and more of the burden for the poor life choices that are being made by others. Make a bad choice--live with it. Don't make it my problem.
X2

IF you can't afford to feed, than don't breed.
lej

Winchester, CA

#36 Jul 1, 2013
25 shots? Really? The officers still felt threatened after 2, 3 or 10 bullets? These 25 bullets were flying around a residential area with children.
I thought after the horrific chase/accident between the Border Patrol and illegal aliens they chased near TVHS many years ago and the death of those teenage students, law enforcement changed their policy to "following" and not "chasing" in residential areas to prevent another tragedy.

I will NOT pull over for an unmarked police vehicle. If a situation arose where I was being followed by one, It could very well take 4 minutes for the Hemet police, or any other identifiable law enforcement vehicle to arrive with flashing lights. Would that be just cause for my execution?

No where did I read the victim was "brandishing" a gun. I do not carry a gun, but I can tell you I also do not go out at night in Hemet.

As for the women's statement that he had been at her place the night before...she didn't say he spent the night or even how long he stayed. Perhaps he was a father who loved his children and kudos to him for spending time with them. That is much more than a lot of white collar fathers do. With a loving father those children had a chance to live a better life. Believe it not there are a lot of people in this country who came from poverty and became influential citizens. My prayers are with those precious children.

Yes, that mother probably gets food stamps and possibly Section 8 housing and if the father had worked then they do deserve SS just like any other working man and women in the US.

I too pay taxes and expect the justice system to do it's job and prosecute criminals in a court. This man should have been charged with his crime, which I guess was not pulling over for an undercover officer or possibly pulling up his pants and frightening the officers, he should have gone through the court system. The Hemet police do not have the right to execute people based on their appearance. In this country people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It appears this is not uncommon for the Hemet police to shoot first and ask questions later even at the risk of children who may be bystanders.

I agree that Hemet has become infested with crime, but shooting everyone down who has a tattoo or lip ring is not the answer. This is a sad time for Hemet residents when the police have become as bad if not worse then the criminals. 25 bullets? Really??
Nuance

Hemet, CA

#37 Jul 2, 2013
lej wrote:
25 shots? Really? The officers still felt threatened after 2, 3 or 10 bullets? These 25 bullets were flying around a residential area with children.
I thought after the horrific chase/accident between the Border Patrol and illegal aliens they chased near TVHS many years ago and the death of those teenage students, law enforcement changed their policy to "following" and not "chasing" in residential areas to prevent another tragedy.
I will NOT pull over for an unmarked police vehicle. If a situation arose where I was being followed by one, It could very well take 4 minutes for the Hemet police, or any other identifiable law enforcement vehicle to arrive with flashing lights. Would that be just cause for my execution?
No where did I read the victim was "brandishing" a gun. I do not carry a gun, but I can tell you I also do not go out at night in Hemet.
As for the women's statement that he had been at her place the night before...she didn't say he spent the night or even how long he stayed. Perhaps he was a father who loved his children and kudos to him for spending time with them. That is much more than a lot of white collar fathers do. With a loving father those children had a chance to live a better life. Believe it not there are a lot of people in this country who came from poverty and became influential citizens. My prayers are with those precious children.
Yes, that mother probably gets food stamps and possibly Section 8 housing and if the father had worked then they do deserve SS just like any other working man and women in the US.
I too pay taxes and expect the justice system to do it's job and prosecute criminals in a court. This man should have been charged with his crime, which I guess was not pulling over for an undercover officer or possibly pulling up his pants and frightening the officers, he should have gone through the court system. The Hemet police do not have the right to execute people based on their appearance. In this country people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It appears this is not uncommon for the Hemet police to shoot first and ask questions later even at the risk of children who may be bystanders.
I agree that Hemet has become infested with crime, but shooting everyone down who has a tattoo or lip ring is not the answer. This is a sad time for Hemet residents when the police have become as bad if not worse then the criminals. 25 bullets? Really??
They say he had a gun. Have a look:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/06/26/pol...
lej

Winchester, CA

#38 Jul 2, 2013
There has not been confirmation he brandished any gun at the police at the time of the shooting. The police could have found a weapon inside the car after the shooting so there is still unconfirmed events here that should be in public domain but for some reason appears to be not coming out. Rumor has it his family will be suing the city and police department because he was unarmed at the time of the shooting. If that's so, come-on, 20 to 25 shots on an unarmed suspect, that's just insanity taking over on the part of the officers who were firing. We appreciate the work our police do on our behalf but somebody has to start demanding better training for them because lack of training is not fair to them as well and is most likely the cause of so many of these recent incidents surfacing.
Rob Whitey

Sun City, CA

#39 Jul 2, 2013
Well, I didn't get shot last night. Know why?
Cause I didn't get in a FN high speed chase with the police. You do something like that there are different scenarios that are going to unfold. One would be you pull over and not get shot. Another (the worst) you choose to accelerate and take the police on a high speed chase with the final result of you getting shot and killed.
lej

Winchester, CA

#40 Jul 2, 2013
There should not be a high speed chase in city limits, and if there were, Hemet is a small town and even I could make it more then a couple blocks in four minutes.
One can only speculate what was going on in his mind at the time, but the police should not have shot to kill 25 times when he did pull over. A well trained officer could have taken him down with one shot. We need to demand better training of our officers before an innocent bystander is the victim of their "quick to draw" attitude.
gizelle

United States

#41 Jul 2, 2013
Assuming he didn't brandish a weapon, the police could of used their tazers?
Rob Whitey

Sun City, CA

#42 Jul 2, 2013
gizelle wrote:
Assuming he didn't brandish a weapon, the police could of used their tazers?
Yeah, why don't you go be a police officer than. You can make split second life or death decissions.

I'm FN sick of pos bleeding hearts questioning, condemning the officers. Easy for you to review the incident at your leasure, than make assumptions on what could've taken place.

Think it's like that? Than change careers and put your life on the line dealing with pos's that have no reguard to anyone but themselves.

I can remember the days when the command was "stop or I'll shoot". If you didn't stop, you got shot. Not many kept going after that command because they knew.

Now, the pos's that the bleeding hearts are defending have more rights than the one's protecting your safety.

But if that sht happens in your backyard or to your family member it's a different story, huh?

go figure.
Dee92544

Hemet, CA

#43 Jul 3, 2013
Funny no mention of his brand new baby daughter in intensive care fighting for her life. I would hope out of this tragedy this baby is not forgotten and her needs will be taken care of.
forgotten

Hemet, CA

#44 Jul 3, 2013
YAY...more taxpayer dollars to save a POS's offspring...exactly what we all need...RIGHT?

I am sure all of you bottom-feeders LOVE this. But HONEST TAX-PAYING CITIZENS are getting fed-up with your demands to fund your declining spiral to HELL. Enough is enough. Get it? Stop breeding useless trash into "the system" for a start. I guess that is a concept that you would not understand...
forgotten

Hemet, CA

#45 Jul 4, 2013
Dee92544 wrote:
Funny no mention of his brand new baby daughter in intensive care fighting for her life. I would hope out of this tragedy this baby is not forgotten and her needs will be taken care of.
No prob, honest taxpayers will step up to the donation/TAX plate, as always. My TAXES pay for your USELESSNESS! Good job...you got another one out of that dirty infested hole between your legs! Thanks for your contribution to the decline of Humans on this place we call Earth! Funny how my TAXES pay for your health care, housing, food, cars....and those animals you call "children" are raised to do the same thing again. Generational welfare...the best thing going for NON-WHITES...EVER! Never-ending cycle we are on, honest folks working for living, paying "taxes" to support those who refuse to lift a finger to do something to help themselves to a better life. Thanks for your participation...and I DO NOT owe you 40 acres and a mule. Get off your ass and do something for yourself, for once!
Hmmm

Hemet, CA

#46 Jul 4, 2013
Dee92544 wrote:
So is this the third baby with 'baby momma', one if the other children that he has with the OTHER baby momma or is this a whole new branch of offspring?

Ladies...men like this are crap. Please don't spread your legs and impregnate yourself with some random dude just because he was there. Be the human with the self control and protect yourself. There are too many bastard children with fathers who don't care enough about them to stop being a thug. I'm tired for paying for your lack of judgement. I'm tired of paying because you and your breeding partner are too stupid to figure out how to use a condom. Stop being whores!
east hemet

Lenexa, KS

#47 Jul 20, 2013
I'm glad one less low life on the streets. We should all chip in and buy more bulletts. So we can return to having safe neighborhoods. Keep up the good work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 47 min RiccardoFire 200,586
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 475
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA 2 hr Go Blue Forever 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 20 hr Tank ever 7,926
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu Chris 49
The Waterfalls (May '09) Thu Chris 20
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 29 at 2:18PM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••