East Hemet: Pursuit ends in fatal officer-involved-shooting

Jun 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Press-Enterprise

Officials at the scene of an officer-involved shooting along East Mayberry Avenue, east of San Jacinto Street, on Wednesday, June 26. The gunfire erupted at roughly 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, along East Mayberry Avenue, east of San Jacinto Street.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
vgtyredgy

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2013
Stupid nuckle head he should've stop
me

Concord, CA

#2 Jun 26, 2013
Yeah! One less moron out on our streets!
LFTM

Hilo, HI

#5 Jun 27, 2013
There goes hemet police again. They are a corrupt police department. And how dare you people make those rude and racist comments kids have lost their dad. No matter what circumstance led to this two innocent children will never know their father. Sending prayers to these poor innocent baby's who are now father less.
me

Concord, CA

#8 Jun 27, 2013
LFTM wrote:
There goes hemet police again. They are a corrupt police department. And how dare you people make those rude and racist comments kids have lost their dad. No matter what circumstance led to this two innocent children will never know their father. Sending prayers to these poor innocent baby's who are now father less.
Alleged father. Get it straight.
Nuance

Hemet, CA

#9 Jun 27, 2013
The girlfriend and the cousin 's crocodile tears along with the subsequent interview with KCAL 9 doesn't make the guy who was shot dead an innocent victim. Innocent people don't take the police on a high-speed chase when they are getting pulled over. This guy was up to no good and his loved ones know it. Now, they'll probably try to file a wrongful death lawsuit looking to get paid.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that the "baby-factory" girlfriend of the dead perp said the last time she saw him was the night before. This guy had an 18 and 5 month babies and is out at all hours of the night doing God knows what instead of taking care of his kids. Oh well, you reap what you sow and this silly-ass thug got what was coming to him.
James

Fitzgerald, GA

#13 Jun 27, 2013
I knew this Guy didn't like him at all. But I would like to know if he actually had a gun or were the police trigger happy. show me the video of the actual seen. I don't trust what was said.
and believe if anyone should say I'm glad that happened it would be me for what he did to a family member he went to prision for it.
as for the kids it looks like the road for them will be hard anyway hope they get the break they really need.
curious

Yucaipa, CA

#14 Jun 27, 2013
James wrote:
I knew this Guy didn't like him at all. But I would like to know if he actually had a gun or were the police trigger happy. show me the video of the actual seen. I don't trust what was said.
and believe if anyone should say I'm glad that happened it would be me for what he did to a family member he went to prision for it.
as for the kids it looks like the road for them will be hard anyway hope they get the break they really need.
With all the creeps out there, the police don't know what nut-case they are dealing with--best advice--quit tryin' to get away when asked to pull over. If he cared about his kids, he wouldn't be out running around. Sad state for all concerned, but I personally am glad he was stopped--however they had to do it. Wake up you law-breakers everybody has had enough. Think of that the next time you're crawling outta somebody's window.
bill

Hemet, CA

#15 Jun 28, 2013
Nuance wrote:
The girlfriend and the cousin 's crocodile tears along with the subsequent interview with KCAL 9 doesn't make the guy who was shot dead an innocent victim. Innocent people don't take the police on a high-speed chase when they are getting pulled over. This guy was up to no good and his loved ones know it. Now, they'll probably try to file a wrongful death lawsuit looking to get paid.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that the "baby-factory" girlfriend of the dead perp said the last time she saw him was the night before. This guy had an 18 and 5 month babies and is out at all hours of the night doing God knows what instead of taking care of his kids. Oh well, you reap what you sow and this silly-ass thug got what was coming to him.
Yep. What kind of father does that? If he was a decent father and if she a GOOD mother, she would of kept her legs closed. Stupid pig!
Citizen

Santa Ana, CA

#16 Jun 28, 2013
Almost all the comments sound like a witch hunt one person says bad guy,then come the followers with torches & pitch forks. People need to look at at the little amount of facts given & look in a wider view of situation...Should this man have been killed after a supposed 4min chase from a unmarked car ?...how many people have been robbed,killed,raped from persons pretending to be officers , What if he just got off work that's why he was out late? Maybe he had a few beers & panicked & drove for a few min & then pulled over ..is that a reason to kill a man or maybe he was pulled over as he got out his car & began arguing w/officer about the traffic violation is that still a reason to kill a man. It seems to me the information given is very very vague on what led up to a officer having to use deadly force ...which deadly force should always be last resort . But over the years we have seen officers use that "It was possibly a weapon & I feared for my life & the life of my officers "so we all shot 10 rounds into his chest scenario (we all remember the ladies delivering papers during Dohrner hunt police opened fire on truck with out even checking if it was him) or another common excuse," It looked like the suspect was grabbing a weapon while running & it turned out some kid with bagging pants was trying to pull his britches up while running because now days kids wear over sized pants hanging below their butt ...but either way it is to soon to pass judgement until police release all facts ,maybe he was at fault but if this was your friend,family member,partner wouldn't you like to know the facts of what lead up to an Officer having to use deadly force. Bottom line a life was took & there has to be a just cause to take a life ...& these questions still have not been answed properly.
Nuance

Hemet, CA

#17 Jun 28, 2013
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. What kind of father does that? If he was a decent father and if she a GOOD mother, she would of kept her legs closed. Stupid pig!
It gets worse. Apparently, this guy has two other children by two other different women in addition to the 2 kids he has with the baby mama that was interviewed. The baby mama of his first child spilled the beans in the comments section of the PE article. He sounds like one of those deadbeat fathers that run around impregnating every woman he comes across, leaving kids everywhere.
curious

Yucaipa, CA

#18 Jun 28, 2013
Nuance wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets worse. Apparently, this guy has two other children by two other different women in addition to the 2 kids he has with the baby mama that was interviewed. The baby mama of his first child spilled the beans in the comments section of the PE article. He sounds like one of those deadbeat fathers that run around impregnating every woman he comes across, leaving kids everywhere.
Well that's it then--with all those kids he probably was working at least 2 jobs to support them. That's why he was out. Yeah, that's right, he was an upstanding kinda guy, trying to out-run the police so he could get home to kids and "baby's momma".
bill

Hemet, CA

#19 Jun 28, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Almost all the comments sound like a witch hunt one person says bad guy,then come the followers with torches & pitch forks. People need to look at at the little amount of facts given & look in a wider view of situation...Should this man have been killed after a supposed 4min chase from a unmarked car ?...how many people have been robbed,killed,raped from persons pretending to be officers , What if he just got off work that's why he was out late? Maybe he had a few beers & panicked & drove for a few min & then pulled over ..is that a reason to kill a man or maybe he was pulled over as he got out his car & began arguing w/officer about the traffic violation is that still a reason to kill a man. It seems to me the information given is very very vague on what led up to a officer having to use deadly force ...which deadly force should always be last resort . But over the years we have seen officers use that "It was possibly a weapon & I feared for my life & the life of my officers "so we all shot 10 rounds into his chest scenario (we all remember the ladies delivering papers during Dohrner hunt police opened fire on truck with out even checking if it was him) or another common excuse," It looked like the suspect was grabbing a weapon while running & it turned out some kid with bagging pants was trying to pull his britches up while running because now days kids wear over sized pants hanging below their butt ...but either way it is to soon to pass judgement until police release all facts ,maybe he was at fault but if this was your friend,family member,partner wouldn't you like to know the facts of what lead up to an Officer having to use deadly force. Bottom line a life was took & there has to be a just cause to take a life ...& these questions still have not been answed properly.
Innocent people don't run from the police. An innocent person would drive to a police station or gas station if they felt threatened.

Was this joker a pedophile? The family member said he went to prison for something he did to another member. Good job, HPD!
Ljuhgtf

United States

#20 Jun 28, 2013
Thank God the COPS didn't kill a black nicca, or else Hemet Compton would've been in riots right now huh
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Yucaipa, CA

#21 Jun 28, 2013
Do we know what race? Never saw it anywhere?
sad

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jun 28, 2013
Cops thought it was someone else that's why they acted the way they did
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Yucaipa, CA

#23 Jun 29, 2013
sad wrote:
Cops thought it was someone else that's why they acted the way they did
Can you explain why you say this? Like who?
Pretty_Poison

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Jun 29, 2013
James wrote:
I knew this Guy didn't like him at all. But I would like to know if he actually had a gun or were the police trigger happy. show me the video of the actual seen. I don't trust what was said.
and believe if anyone should say I'm glad that happened it would be me for what he did to a family member he went to prision for it.
as for the kids it looks like the road for them will be hard anyway hope they get the break they really need.
No actually if he is the biological father, and he worked. The children can get SS benefits, they can also get SNAP they can get Medical , and the girlfriend is eligible for Sec 8.
Ljuhgtf

United States

#25 Jun 29, 2013
She looks like a loser white trash, she's probably getting all that already, and she will get more now
worksmarternotha rder

United States

#26 Jun 29, 2013
I don't know why you all are talking bad about the woman and children its not their fault that the male in their life did this nowadays its all about geting whatever benefits you can get working till you drop is a thing of the past why would you put yourself and your families through that if our government can give alittle to you i mean come on its not like their not making millions+ in taxes anyway
js

Hemet, CA

#27 Jun 29, 2013
worksmarternotharder wrote:
I don't know why you all are talking bad about the woman and children its not their fault that the male in their life did this nowadays its all about geting whatever benefits you can get working till you drop is a thing of the past why would you put yourself and your families through that if our government can give alittle to you i mean come on its not like their not making millions+ in taxes anyway
Because as a woman she should have some control and not lay down and breed with the first swinging dik that came here way. She's pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 min RiccardoFire 200,574
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 4 hr Chris 49
The Waterfalls (May '09) 7 hr Chris 20
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr air mail 7,924
HEMET GAYS! new2this Wed Chris 7
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) Wed umyeah 474
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) Aug 26 michelle 58
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••