sad

Chino, CA

#1 Apr 12, 2014
PARENTS if you just moved to Hemet and are looking for a middle school for your children.....PLEASE stay away from Diamond valley middle school....That school should be investigated....My family just moved here 6 months ago and Not one good thing from that school.
gina

San Diego, CA

#3 Apr 12, 2014
sad wrote:
PARENTS if you just moved to Hemet and are looking for a middle school for your children.....PLEASE stay away from Diamond valley middle school....That school should be investigated....My family just moved here 6 months ago and Not one good thing from that school.
Acacia is not much better, but it has improved since the boundaries have changed. What is going on at Diamond Valley?
Right

San Bernardino, CA

#4 Apr 13, 2014
Our daughter went to Diamond Valley. I was on that campus many, many times. After thinking about this a lot over several years; this is my conclusion. Those students are a reflection of the parents!
When you see how the kids act, talk, dress, treat each other, treat the campus, they are doing the same as their parents. Parents need to set a good example for their children. Make them get to school on time, dress appropriately, and speak correctly.
Children are sent off to school, and apparently since they don't have any respect for anything, the school district if left the task of trying to do everything for them, with little time, resources left for teaching!
What do boundaries change? Parents are parents everywhere. Parents, take the time to help develop your children. If you want a better life for your children, education is the key.
gina

Hemet, CA

#5 Apr 13, 2014
Right wrote:
Our daughter went to Diamond Valley. I was on that campus many, many times. After thinking about this a lot over several years; this is my conclusion. Those students are a reflection of the parents!
When you see how the kids act, talk, dress, treat each other, treat the campus, they are doing the same as their parents. Parents need to set a good example for their children. Make them get to school on time, dress appropriately, and speak correctly.
Children are sent off to school, and apparently since they don't have any respect for anything, the school district if left the task of trying to do everything for them, with little time, resources left for teaching!
What do boundaries change? Parents are parents everywhere. Parents, take the time to help develop your children. If you want a better life for your children, education is the key.
If your child were to visit my home and were to behave disrespectfully, I would ask her to leave. Just because it is ok to swear at her home, doesn't mean it's ok to swear in mine.

Same as going to church or a job interview or court...it is expected that one would have the common sense on what not to wear (hello pajama bottoms) and how to behave. But as you stated, these kids are a reflection of their parents. I swear some were raised by wolves!

The school should not tolerate such behaviors, but what can the school do? The parents will fail to see what Junior did wrong since they are just as bad.

There should be a 'Life' class. Should be required 6-11 grades. There you would learn how to be polite, how to act during a job interview, basic hygiene, modesty, how to balance a checkbook and budget, how to project a positive image, leadership....basically things that these children should be taught by their family. It's not the kids fault because they don't know better. But who would teach them? From what I've witnessed over the years, some of the teachers are worse than the students when it comes to caring,
sad

Murrieta, CA

#6 Apr 14, 2014
Right:) Yes I've seen the parents of the kids that attend Diamond valley & most of them seem so so very disrespectful, now my son has never been in trouble though a friend of his has, now without saying too much because its now being looked into, he is a great kid he comes from a family of Respect, & I heard the way his parents were talked to by a teacher, unbelievable..... Not all the kids there come from bad homes :) Just the other day a snake was found on campus & a teacher was telling the kid " you stupid, you retarded" because the boy was trying to pick it up......NO Matter what NO teacher should even talk to a child like that....I Do know they all cover up for one another & it starts with the Main leader there.....My son will be in highschool next year:) just trying to warn some good Parents, take your kids else where even if its a drive:)
Right

San Bernardino, CA

#8 Apr 14, 2014
Well, you bring up a good point. Just because you send your child off to school, don't think that they are necessarily in good hands. Like I say, you need to see for yourself. It opened my eyes, believe me. Just because the "adults" are on campus, they don't necessarily have the skill set to handle the kids. It is my opinion, any faculty on a campus, should be handling problems, when they see them. Such as; there should be a zero tolerance, for swearing, spitting, pushing, shoving etc. It's basically a free for all going between classes. I have been so uncomfortable at lunch time, at Diamond Vly, West Vly and Hemet High. You can not believe the mess these kids leave behind. Seriously, do they trash their own homes this way? Pick up after your own damn selves!!
As far as you saying "cover up", I don't know, but again, my feeling is they are all just protecting their, and each other's job. Don't make waves. It's like a clique! They sure know how much money each other makes! And that was my point when I pointed out the ratty, holey, jeans and other inappropriate clothing the district personnel are allowed to wear--they get paid plenty, dress like you are a professional!
Speaking of dress, there is a dress code, which is rarely enforced.
Why do parents let their kids out of the house to go off to school looking like crap? The main focus should be getting a good education. Not purple hair, shorts up ur butt and a bad attitude. My other observation is, cream will rise to the top. Parents who give a darn, impress on their kids that this is their future, will make it.

Since: Apr 14

Woodland, CA

#9 Apr 16, 2014
These problems are not isolated, when you teach immature children that their right to free expression and the options for government protection is greater than the right of parents to discipline responsibly, there outcome will not be good in most cases.
These kids have learned how to play the "Eddie Haskel " role very well also. Sweet to your face and sour behind your back.
Right

San Bernardino, CA

#11 Apr 18, 2014
I have seen of which you speak. I believe, that possibly, teachers don't want to get involved because there is no backing from the parents. Parents need to enforce, for example, the dress code. Instead of letting little Susie and Johnny go off to school looking like crap, tell them they will follow the rules. If you don't like the rules, you work to change them--not break them. There is plenty of time, outside of school, to express themselves. School is for learning--period! In the meantime you follow the rules--I'll follow the rules, they will be enforced equally. I didn't always agree with everything, but our kids were told to be respectful, keep your mouth shut and come home and tell me. That's my job as a parent--yours is to get the best education you can.
concerned parent

Marina Del Rey, CA

#12 May 3, 2014
Yeah well at acacia middle school one of their empoyees is on drugs and was visably showing signs of it enough to make my child say something to me i have emailed people from husd and don't believe anything has been done I'm not to sure what her job title is but know she works there an to me that puts my kids at risk
mom

Hemet, CA

#13 May 4, 2014
concerned parent wrote:
Yeah well at acacia middle school one of their empoyees is on drugs and was visably showing signs of it enough to make my child say something to me i have emailed people from husd and don't believe anything has been done I'm not to sure what her job title is but know she works there an to me that puts my kids at risk
Is it the cha-cha looking clerk with the crazy nails? This is also the attendance lady, but she's just stupid, not drugged out
OkOk

Yucaipa, CA

#15 May 7, 2014
mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it the cha-cha looking clerk with the crazy nails? This is also the attendance lady, but she's just stupid, not drugged out
That's equal opportunity at work. Don't hire the most qualified, just the right color.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Menifee Lakes? (Feb '07) Tue bob 22
News Three people sentenced for violent home invasio... (Nov '14) Tue Crystal 101 6
News Hemet Doctor Accused Of Sexual Battery (Nov '07) Jun 27 Anonymous 69
News Two arrested in armored truck robbery (Aug '07) Jun 27 Tiffany Chance 31
What is being built in Hemet? (Aug '12) Jun 26 evon 48
what is percentage of tweakers in Hemet (Oct '12) Jun 25 cor1971 18
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) Jun 14 mishca 951 75

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages