Marijuana should be legalized!

Marijuana should be legalized!

Posted in the Hemet Forum

Stony

Lake Elsinore, CA

#1 Jun 9, 2012
Marijuana should be legalized so it can be taxed. If California legalized marijuana it would quickly help in recovering the economy. Marijuana is no worse than liquor or cigarettes. Liquor has caused more deaths than marijuana and smoking tobacco is known to cause cancer and death.
Have you ever thought what our lives’ would be like if liquor or cigarettes were against the law to have or sell.
There would be bootlegging whiskey and black-market cigarettes be sold for twice the cost they are now. But there would be reduction in deaths and less people dying of cancer. We would become over populated Health insurance rates would go down.
The reason it’s legal to buy alcohol and cigarettes is because the politicians have their hand in the profits.
know stuff

Grayson, LA

#2 Jun 9, 2012
Legalize coke and meth/crank as well! And tax the sale. As long as the government makes a profit, who cares? Right?
Stony

Hemet, CA

#3 Jun 10, 2012
know stuff wrote:
Legalize coke and meth/crank as well! And tax the sale. As long as the government makes a profit, who cares? Right?
Coke, meth or crank causes your brain and whole body become like mush, unlike pot. Pot is good for whatever ails you.
Lets be real about this man.
know stuff

Grayson, LA

#4 Jun 12, 2012
Stony wrote:
Marijuana should be legalized so it can be taxed. If California legalized marijuana it would quickly help in recovering the economy. Marijuana is no worse than liquor or cigarettes. Liquor has caused more deaths than marijuana and smoking tobacco is known to cause cancer and death.
Have you ever thought what our lives’ would be like if liquor or cigarettes were against the law to have or sell.
There would be bootlegging whiskey and black-market cigarettes be sold for twice the cost they are now. But there would be reduction in deaths and less people dying of cancer. We would become over populated Health insurance rates would go down.
The reason it’s legal to buy alcohol and cigarettes is because the politicians have their hand in the profits.
OK, here I go, trying to understand your stoned BS rambling....not gonna happen. Overpopulation is a good idea? That's the idea you are trying to express? Because then we would all pay less for heathcare? Explain to me exactly how that would work.

I hope you are reaching for sarcasm here.....
Amber

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jun 22, 2012
Just decriminalize all drugs. Two thirds of the people incarcerated are for non-violent drug crimes. Half of those are for marijuana. Just because it will be legal/decriminalized does not mean people will do it more. I'm sorry, but even if meth, crack, coke, ect was legal, I still would not do it. Even in countries where marijuana is legal, less people use it than they do in the United States.
The government just gets basically free labor out of all these people they incarcerate for drug crimes and it is stupid. Someone selling marijuana gets put in jail longer than someone who rapes, beats, or stabs someone else. It's just not right.

Ron Paul for President, 2012.
Amber

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jun 22, 2012
Marijuana is not dangerous. But it being illegal, or any drug being illegal, makes it much more dangerous. There's a lot more crime involved in the underground distribution of it, and that is how a lot of gangs are formed, through drugs. If it were legal or decriminalized, we'd take this away from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The under ground tunnel , Florida ave. downtown... (Oct '11) 3 hr The Dogs 86
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) 8 hr Boxer MMA 207
Hemet - The worst city to live in california (Dec '14) Wed Regolith Based Li... 39
News Spotlight on Erick Ramirez Wed Lewis Millhouse 1
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) Jul 17 Fed up 16
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) Jul 15 poenix28 131
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) Jul 14 Ryan 36

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages