Smoked brisket

Ontario, CA

#48 May 31, 2012
Mike wrote:
Try Sweet Baby Jane's for great smoked BBQ.
Have to disagree,That place sucked,The best barbecue,is from my smoker in my back yard.
Go Hemet

Hemet, CA

#49 Jun 2, 2012
I myself never thought Millie's was anything special. By the way The Press-Enterprise's columnist Bob Pratte went on about its recent closure, though, you'd think it's had some above-average feature. The food at Millie's was quite unexceptional, to my palate. Not only that, what really concerned me -- and ultimately led to my family's not dining there anymore -- is that I suspected they hired illegal aliens as cooks, a deal-breaking NO-NO in my book.
FatMama

Temecula, CA

#50 Jun 3, 2012
Millies is closed so what? It wasn't that great anyway. I've found that Pollys in Hemet is a pretty good place to chow down. You won't find a grumpy employee there. You can have faith in their serving clean and properly prepared food.
They will treat you with respect and appreciate your business.
Hemet Fella

Hemet, CA

#51 Jun 3, 2012
hemet guy wrote:
We had a great sandwich shop in town,The city did nothing to help those nice people in downtown area
What was the name of the place?

I'm guessing Philly On the Run, based on the fact that you stated it was located downtown. I bought sandwiches there for my family on quite a number of occasions and am sorry to see it gone. I definitely think its off-Florida Avenue location contributed to its demise.

Why do you think it was the responsibility of "the city" to "help" them? What kind of "help" do you feel should have been given to the shop by "the city"?
Smoked brisket

Ontario, CA

#52 Jun 4, 2012
Go Hemet wrote:
I myself never thought Millie's was anything special. By the way The Press-Enterprise's columnist Bob Pratte went on about its recent closure, though, you'd think it's had some above-average feature. The food at Millie's was quite unexceptional, to my palate. Not only that, what really concerned me -- and ultimately led to my family's not dining there anymore -- is that I suspected they hired illegal aliens as cooks, a deal-breaking NO-NO in my book.
Your suspicions would be correct,years ago worked for steer-n-stein,same thing there,And there was a cook at millies,that was related to one of the cooks at steer-n-stein,He would sometimes fill in on buisy days at steer-n-stein.I think millies food portions,and quality were un-impressive
helen

United States

#53 Jun 4, 2012
When I'm craving for mexican food I like going to taco shop, they have the best mexican food I loved their menudo burritos and carne asada quesadilla, mmmm! just made my mouth water talking about it
helen

United States

#54 Jun 4, 2012
Best place for mexican food is Taco Shop
awww

Los Angeles, CA

#55 Jun 26, 2012
Chicago pizza was very good. Unfortunately it has closed.
Liz

Perris, CA

#56 Feb 9, 2013
The owner's son at D'Atillo's is also the cook. His apron was so filfty, it looked like he had been working on his car. Gross. Unappetizing.
HOMELESS SHELTER

Hemet, CA

#57 Feb 9, 2013
go to that hemet homeless shelter where they claim they don't house felons and criminals. free dinners they say, and money pouring in from the libtards and the state to pay the BOD. eat there let me know how it goes.

thanks hemet for bringing this scum to our city!
cisko

Hemet, CA

#58 Feb 17, 2013
I eat @Steve's burgers west all the time it is on the expensive side but good compared to the other fast food places. I also eat@ Mia's Country Kitchen bewt the Verizon store and the armed forces recruiters build in staples shopping area. They have very good food and lots of it and the price is lower than other places they only serve breakfast& lunch until 2:00pm The staff give really good service too they are in SJ & banning might open in Temc in April is what I heard. The staff are very friendly & attentive to needs For pizza try my mamas on Sanderson N of HomeDepot they are pretty good the large is about medium in size and they are expensive
Pretty_Poison

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Feb 21, 2013
Another good place to eat is "The Good Egg" It's location is where Mr T's used to be. They serve a great breakfast ...but then again Patsy's is great for breakfast too, but pricey.

I would like to find a good, dinner restaurant in Hemet. I refuse to eat at places like Mimi's, Applebees etc. They put way to much sodium/sugar in their foods.
chris

Murrieta, CA

#60 Feb 21, 2013
Pretty_Poison wrote:
Another good place to eat is "The Good Egg" It's location is where Mr T's used to be. They serve a great breakfast ...but then again Patsy's is great for breakfast too, but pricey.
I would like to find a good, dinner restaurant in Hemet. I refuse to eat at places like Mimi's, Applebees etc. They put way to much sodium/sugar in their foods.
The rotten egg sucked!,Very un-impressive
DelishDiner

Hemet, CA

#61 Feb 23, 2013
Pretty_Poison wrote:
I completely agree about the chain restaurants putting way too much salt in their fare. You would think that in a town such as Hemet, with its large senior citizen population, there would be many restaurants touting the fact that they offer no-salt-added food, yet there aren't.
Incidentally, I just ate at Sushi Ray again recently and I feel they have really gone down. The place gives off a "grimy" ambience.(Yuk.) The food was mediocre at best and portions were VERY small. Not worth the money, in my view. It appears they're cutting costs by hiring ... er, "immigrants" (legal status unknown, but I have my suspicions)... for both the kitchen and wait staff.(Go ahead, hate on me because I insist that when I dine out my food is prepared by persons the restaurant owner actually knows the REAL name of!) We won't be eating at Sushi Ray again, for sure!
tom

Hemet, CA

#62 Feb 25, 2013
DelishDiner wrote:
<quoted text>I completely agree about the chain restaurants putting way too much salt in their fare. You would think that in a town such as Hemet, with its large senior citizen population, there would be many restaurants touting the fact that they offer no-salt-added food, yet there aren't.
Incidentally, I just ate at Sushi Ray again recently and I feel they have really gone down. The place gives off a "grimy" ambience.(Yuk.) The food was mediocre at best and portions were VERY small. Not worth the money, in my view. It appears they're cutting costs by hiring ... er, "immigrants" (legal status unknown, but I have my suspicions)... for both the kitchen and wait staff.(Go ahead, hate on me because I insist that when I dine out my food is prepared by persons the restaurant owner actually knows the REAL name of!) We won't be eating at Sushi Ray again, for sure!
I've wondered about 'Sushi Ray'. Didn't seem like a clean place. There is a tiny hamburger stand that is across the street from the library that is good. I can't think of the name of the place. The Mexican food place behind Steve Jrs in East Hemet is really good.

Anyone know of a good chicken & waffles place? How about good chicken (non chain place)
ATTENTION

United States

#63 Mar 5, 2013
Whatever happened to morning sky school up the 74 in mountain center?
BuonGiorno

Hemet, CA

#64 Mar 9, 2013
My family recently ate at La Fogata Mexican restaurant. Never again! Bad service, surly, grim-looking old lady waitress who forgot an appetizer order and suuuuper-bland "Mexican" food served in a depressing atmosphere. Now, I myself don't like very spice food but their food was like baby food in its level of blandness.
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#65 Mar 21, 2013
For great chicken, Juan pollo on san jacinto st and florida ave. Awsome chicken, and at a reasonable price.
yums

Hemet, CA

#66 Mar 21, 2013
Oh, c'mon now
thres several good places in Hemet.
Arturos on Stetson has very Tasty Food and, its Family operated, Hemet Diner on Florida and, San Jacinto and Las Bonitas on Florida. All, very good Food and, excelent Service.
I wouldn't give ya 2 cents for the Chain Resturants like, Red Robin or, Minnies with there overpriced Food and, Servers with thay'er Noses stuck up in the Air.Don't get me started on CoCos absolutly horrable service.
The Worst I've found around here are Marie Calenders and, The Hometown Buffet
yuck don't bother.
As far as Fast Food goes the Farmer Boys on Sanderson is so so (thay water down their Salad Dressing and, every time I've gotten Fries thay were undercooked)but, the Farmer Boys in San Jacinto next to the RC Track is much better.
hemet diner

Hemet, CA

#67 Mar 21, 2013
r u 4 real/ hemet diner? the dude owns the place stares and maddogs everyone like he's crazed. high prices for carp food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One dead, one wounded after incident in Hemet p... (Dec '08) 14 hr whoever 46
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 19 hr Chris 35
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) Mon PleasePlease 465
Charges dismissed in court Mon unknown 4
corruption with Riverside county CPS Nov 23 mothermadness 2
corrupted cps case..any help? Nov 23 mothermadness 1
2014 warmest year: California, world set to bre... Nov 21 Mark 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match