good restaurants in Hemet
sidelines

Marina Del Rey, CA

#27 Feb 22, 2011
Appy wrote:
Is the "Steve's West" folks are referring to the small place on the southeast corner of Florida Avenue?
Isn't there another "Steve's" further east on the north side of Florida that used to be located in the small strip mall where Arby's used to be? I think that Steve's Burgers may have moved out of its former location and into the vacated Arby's building. Only tried their food once but it was pretty good (gyro and philly cheesesteak standwich.)
On a different note, it'd be great if Hemet had a Dunkin' Donuts! They're all over the eastern part of the country but it's very, very rare to see one on the West Coast for some reason. GREAT coffee! I know I'm not the only one who says DD's coffee is way better than the overpriced stuff Starbucks sells!
Steve's Jr. was in the strip mall behind the old Arby's. Yes, they moved out of there and into the vacated Arby's. There are three Steve's restaurants in Hemet. Sanderson, Florida (downtown) and E. Florida (Steve's Jr.).

There were DD's on the west coast years ago. They just expanded in Arizona. Maybe they'll come out this way again..someday..??.. We do have lots of doughnut places here in Hemet. Daily Doughnuts, on E. Florida, seems to be a good spot.
Arpy

Hemet, CA

#28 Feb 22, 2011
sidelines wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve's Jr. was in the strip mall behind the old Arby's. Yes, they moved out of there and into the vacated Arby's. There are three Steve's restaurants in Hemet. Sanderson, Florida (downtown) and E. Florida (Steve's Jr.).
There were DD's on the west coast years ago. They just expanded in Arizona. Maybe they'll come out this way again..someday..??.. We do have lots of doughnut places here in Hemet. Daily Doughnuts, on E. Florida, seems to be a good spot.
Thanks for all the info you provided!
Re Daily Doughnuts, if you mean the place in the strip mall at E. Florida and Stanford (close to the Del Taco), the (Vietnamese?) owner clearly understands that being friendly to customers is good for business. Too many retail workers don't *get* this fact.(I'm not trying to say he wouldn't be friendly otherwise.) But everytime I've visited that shop he's been very friendly, which makes customers like me happy to return. The donuts are pretty good, too!
sidelines

Marina Del Rey, CA

#29 Feb 25, 2011
Arpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for all the info you provided!
Re Daily Doughnuts, if you mean the place in the strip mall at E. Florida and Stanford (close to the Del Taco), the (Vietnamese?) owner clearly understands that being friendly to customers is good for business. Too many retail workers don't *get* this fact.(I'm not trying to say he wouldn't be friendly otherwise.) But everytime I've visited that shop he's been very friendly, which makes customers like me happy to return. The donuts are pretty good, too!
Glad to help, Arpy.

And yes, Daily Donuts at E. Florida & Stanford is the place. I totally agree with you on the friendliness factor. I'm glad to see they get such great business there.
Rob

Tustin, CA

#31 Feb 26, 2011
sidelines wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to help, Arpy.
And yes, Daily Donuts at E. Florida & Stanford is the place. I totally agree with you on the friendliness factor. I'm glad to see they get such great business there.
Doughnuts there are average. But, he's good people so I go there. Good to reward hard working nice people like him. I Like how he folds the top of the bag and adds a napkin. Always with kind words.
Anon123

Garden City, MI

#32 Apr 1, 2011
Hemet Diner wrote:
As far as Millie's is concerned, my wife likes eating there but I'm just not too fond of it.(We have not eaten there in at least a couple of years, I would esitmate.) The food was just "okay" but nothing to really be praised, in my opinion. We were supposed to eat there recently but at the last moment decided to go to Acapulco's instead (mor about that later.)
One thing that did concern me the last few times we ate at Millie's is that I suspected they might be employing illegal aliens as cooks.
Now, regarding Acapulco restaurant: We recently ate there in late-July and then again after New Year's. To me, their salsa and chips are the best I've had anywhere! Very fresh and delicious salsa! Also, their guacamole is outstanding, better than the fresh guacamole that Cardenas supermarket sells (I've been known to visit Cardenas strictly to buy their guacamole, which is actually a little to spicy for my taste.)
A bit surprised to see that their Chips and Guacamole appetizer is now almost $10.00, though! However, I realize that avocados are fairly expensive and I assume that's a main cause of the steep price. However, as I wrote above, it evens out somewhat because Acapulco's guacamole (and tomato salsa) are truly delicious.
The service at Acapulco during our two recent visits was fine. Unlike at Millie's, diners at Acapulco don't get to see the cooks/chefs in action. I'm hoping Acapulco does NOT employ illegal aliens in their kitchen (or anywhere else, for that matter!) But all in all, my family and I have never had a bad meal at the Acapulco restaurant.
........ sorry to break it to you but most restaurants, especially mexican restaurants hire illegal aliens. I worked at one and there were a handful of mexicans who would get deported and another handful that would replace them. They were rude, disrespectful to woman, and did not speak our language. If they weren't illegal when they came, they'd make themselves illegal by overstaying their visas and continuing to work. This to me, is horrid and should not be tolerated especially on my tax dollars. Just remember, when you give a mexican restaurant money, you may as well send Rodrigez Hernandez 20 bucks in Mexico City.
bon

Van Nuys, CA

#33 Apr 2, 2011
Has anyone tried the new italian pizza place on state and ramona expressway. In stater bros shopping center?? There is also a new diner up there.
Also there is a new mexican resturant coming on florida where the big chinese resturant buffet was. Wonder how that is?
hemet guy

Hemet, CA

#34 Apr 2, 2011
just what this towm needs another mexican food joint, heard the pizzia place is nothing special

Since: Mar 11

Hemet, Ca

#35 Apr 2, 2011
For good pizza ya gotta try Georges Pizza. Its on the corner of Cornell and Florida.
jane doe

San Jacinto, CA

#36 Apr 4, 2011
pizza....winco makes really good pizza if you want takeout

and obviously applebee's seems to be liked as it's always busy...good happy hour prices.

other than that you gotta drive to at least temecula!
just asking

Encinitas, CA

#37 Apr 4, 2011
jane doe wrote:
pizza....winco makes really good pizza if you want takeout
and obviously applebee's seems to be liked as it's always busy...good happy hour prices.
other than that you gotta drive to at least temecula!
we need to spend & keep our money in this town

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#38 Apr 4, 2011
ok
DancinDonut

Los Angeles, CA

#39 Apr 5, 2011
Whooo hooo we are getting another mexican food place... across from Steve's on the East side. It used to be a chinese buffet place. BY the way I was being sarcastic about the mexican foody place.

This town has way to many mexican and chinese food joints.
Local resident

Hemet, CA

#40 Apr 5, 2011
My husband and I went to millies and will never go back. My husband had a salad and he had a big worm in his salad when he told the waitress she said matter factly oh that can sometimes happen . We are not custom to having big worms in are salad thank you.
Another food fan

Carlsbad, CA

#41 Aug 24, 2011
Food Fan wrote:
Milano's on Stetson Ave Has the Best Pizza in the Valley. Also great Pasta Dishes. in the Same Shopping Center is Arturos Family Run Mexican Restaurant. Hands Down the BEST Mexican Food Anywhere! the Service is Good Too. Another Good Mexican Restaurant is LA Fagotta its Behind Big 5 Sporting Goods on Florida Ave. Hangar One Cafe By Hemet Ryan Airport is a Great Place For Breakfast Good Portions & Good Service.
The best mexican restaurant in the valley hands down is located on seventh and san jacinto streets,used to be called la carretta it's now mariscos or something,same cook for over 20years,never leave hungry
Wondering

Temecula, CA

#42 Aug 29, 2011
Fred White wrote:
For good pizza ya gotta try Georges Pizza. Its on the corner of Cornell and Florida.
I have to agree! Georges pizza is the best and well priced!

As far as Mexican food goes, my family loves La Casa Vieja accross from the vacant lot where Albertsons use to be. Their food is authentic and delicous!

Burgers! My family prefers Red Robin, their portions are big and burgers are the best, definitely worth the prices!
Restauranter

Hemet, CA

#43 Sep 3, 2011
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree! Georges pizza is the best and well priced!
As far as Mexican food goes, my family loves La Casa Vieja accross from the vacant lot where Albertsons use to be. Their food is authentic and delicous!
Burgers! My family prefers Red Robin, their portions are big and burgers are the best, definitely worth the prices!
First off, I won't eat anywhere in which it appears illegal aliens are employed in any position.
I second the above re Red Robin -- the food is good, the service is good and they do NOT appear to employ illegal aliens. If/when it appears they do, I will absolutely STOP dining there.

I wish we had some good seafood restaurants in town. Even a Red Lobster, if nothing else. There's a very good fish & chips placecalled "Simon's" in the Stater's strip mall at Stanford & Florida but it costs a pretty penny to eat there if you're hungry.

However, they're FAR superior to the (franchised) Long John Silver's on Florida at the western part of town. In my experience, LJS's serves the absolute smallest portions of food -- and charges high prices -- I've seen just about anywhere. Too bad, for I'd eat their often if they gave the customer their money's worth. The only positive I can say about the LJS's on W. Florida is that the woman behind the counter on late-Friday afternoons is very pleasant, courteous and professional. I wish their food was also high-value.
Wondering

Temecula, CA

#44 Sep 6, 2011
Restauranter wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I won't eat anywhere in which it appears illegal aliens are employed in any position.
I second the above re Red Robin -- the food is good, the service is good and they do NOT appear to employ illegal aliens. If/when it appears they do, I will absolutely STOP dining there.
I wish we had some good seafood restaurants in town. Even a Red Lobster, if nothing else. There's a very good fish & chips placecalled "Simon's" in the Stater's strip mall at Stanford & Florida but it costs a pretty penny to eat there if you're hungry.
However, they're FAR superior to the (franchised) Long John Silver's on Florida at the western part of town. In my experience, LJS's serves the absolute smallest portions of food -- and charges high prices -- I've seen just about anywhere. Too bad, for I'd eat their often if they gave the customer their money's worth. The only positive I can say about the LJS's on W. Florida is that the woman behind the counter on late-Friday afternoons is very pleasant, courteous and professional. I wish their food was also high-value.
You cannot tell whether or not people are illegal or not simply by looking at them. There are alot of people in the country that may "seem" to be illegal when in fact they are not. I hope that you have your own garden full of vegtables and fruits also because Im sure that there are also illegals that pick for our grocery stores (illegals of any race). Im completely against illegals in our country dont get me wrong but there is no way that you will ever be able to get away from an illegal serving you at a resteraunt, treating you at a hospital, picking the fruit that you buy, fixing the car you own and so on.
Sandwich Face

Bellflower, CA

#45 May 30, 2012
Somebody needs to open a togo's in this town, I'm craving a Togo's #9. The closest Togo's is Temecula, for those that haven't had a #9 it's a hot pastrami sandmich with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, purple onions, mustard and pickles on a big soft sourdough sandwich bread. We used to get the family sized #9's when we were kids decades ago.

Togo's #9
For people who love burgers and want a little change up. Mmmm
Mike

United States

#46 May 30, 2012
Try Sweet Baby Jane's for great smoked BBQ.

Since: May 10

Hemet, CA

#47 May 30, 2012
We had a great sandwich shop in town,The city did nothing to help those nice people in downtown area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hemet is a sanctuary city for illegal aliens (Dec '08) 14 hr gijose 49
News Man Accused of Stealing Two Cars, Trying to Rob... Apr 28 Nosafeplace 1
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) Apr 27 Guesswho 14
What is there to do in Hemet ? (May '08) Apr 25 White13China 55
News PERRIS: Man charged with three counts of murder (Aug '13) Apr 24 White13China 3
Hemet-San Jacinto gang sweep nets 22 arrests (Nov '14) Apr 24 White13China 3
young gay guys in hemet (Oct '14) Apr 23 BigBlackBulge 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages