good restaurants in Hemet

Posted in the Hemet Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
NOT CHINO

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2011
enough with the bad reviews of Hemet restaurants. how about a few good reviews for a change.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2011 LET'S MAKE DINING IN HEMET LIKE HEAVEN....

Oryz Family Restaurant.... 306 E. FLORIDA... BEYOND EXCELLENT

Millie's.... Best americana food in the valley. PROFESSIONAL SERVERS
NopeNadaNil

Sun City, CA

#2 Jan 4, 2011
There's none. The chain restraunts even suck in Hemet. The Mimi's cafe is different than the one in Temecula. All the hometown restraunts have closed (with the exception of Mia's) down. I've lived here for 30+ years and find myself in the last 5 having to drive out of town to have a nice meal.
Nelli

Nuevo, CA

#4 Jan 4, 2011
NOT CHINO wrote:
enough with the bad reviews of Hemet restaurants. how about a few good reviews for a change.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2011 LET'S MAKE DINING IN HEMET LIKE HEAVEN....
Oryz Family Restaurant.... 306 E. FLORIDA... BEYOND EXCELLENT
Millie's.... Best americana food in the valley. PROFESSIONAL SERVERS
You have got to be kidding! Oryz?? That place is a dump. When you sit in a booth, it feels like you are in a hole, which you are. The tables rock, the place reeks of grease and filth. But you do get a lot of food. And it ain't bad. But very scary to eat in a place like that.
McClean

Nuevo, CA

#5 Jan 4, 2011
My wife and I use to enjoy going to Millies. But we stopped because the eating utensils had dried food on them. When we informed the waitress, she quickly replaced them. But when we unwrapped them, they were also dirty with dried food on them. The waitress began to have an attitude and acted like we should go ahead and eat with the dirty eating utensils. We decided to leave and as we were leaving, I felt that the manager should know about it so I asked for the manager. He was in a meeting and I waited. While waiting, I watched a little kid play behind the counter, pretending that he worked there, I watched as he fumbled around in the tray of the eating utensils and various items that the customer would use to eat with. When the manager arrived the kid was still playing there behind the counter. I asked the manager why he was allowing the kid to play there and about our dirty eating utensils. His remark was, "Oh". Thats when I realized that we wouldn't be coming back. I reported Millies to the Health Department the next day and have never been back.
Hemet Diner

Hemet, CA

#6 Jan 4, 2011
As far as Millie's is concerned, my wife likes eating there but I'm just not too fond of it.(We have not eaten there in at least a couple of years, I would esitmate.) The food was just "okay" but nothing to really be praised, in my opinion. We were supposed to eat there recently but at the last moment decided to go to Acapulco's instead (mor about that later.)

One thing that did concern me the last few times we ate at Millie's is that I suspected they might be employing illegal aliens as cooks.

Now, regarding Acapulco restaurant: We recently ate there in late-July and then again after New Year's. To me, their salsa and chips are the best I've had anywhere! Very fresh and delicious salsa! Also, their guacamole is outstanding, better than the fresh guacamole that Cardenas supermarket sells (I've been known to visit Cardenas strictly to buy their guacamole, which is actually a little to spicy for my taste.)

A bit surprised to see that their Chips and Guacamole appetizer is now almost $10.00, though! However, I realize that avocados are fairly expensive and I assume that's a main cause of the steep price. However, as I wrote above, it evens out somewhat because Acapulco's guacamole (and tomato salsa) are truly delicious.

The service at Acapulco during our two recent visits was fine. Unlike at Millie's, diners at Acapulco don't get to see the cooks/chefs in action. I'm hoping Acapulco does NOT employ illegal aliens in their kitchen (or anywhere else, for that matter!) But all in all, my family and I have never had a bad meal at the Acapulco restaurant.
Rob

Sun City, CA

#7 Jan 5, 2011
Datillo's has a killer flat iron stake. They've been in the valley forever and I support them when I go out to dinner. Amilios (spelling?), has also been on my list since I've lived here. Other than that, most of my favorates have closed down and have been replaced by sucky chain restraunts. I go to temecula mostly now to eat. Sad but true.
DancinDonut

Pasadena, CA

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Two great places to eat is Steer and Stein in west Hemet. They have great steaks and amazing prices.
Then there is Steve's also in west Hemet. It is always clean, the service fast, and the food it really good.
Taco Joe

Hemet, CA

#10 Jan 7, 2011
The Red Robin opened some time ago but we have just recently tried their food. We have been there four times and each time we were impressed with the service we got. The food was good and there is a good selection to choose from. Some say that the prices are too high but we found that
It cost us about the same as when we eat at Steveís West. Speaking of Steveís West, When the new owners first bought the place, it was cleaner than it is now and the owners were very polite and friendly. But now they donít seem as friendly. I have watched the owner become inpatient and upset with a customer because the customer wasnít quick enough in completing the order.
I watched as he mumbled to himself and made a face as the customer walked over to sit down after ordering his meal. The owner had been eating behind the counter and acted upset because he had to wait on a customer. The hamburgers use to be better but I think the Red Robin beats them.
At the Red Robin, you can have all the fries you want. Emilioís Mexican Restaurant on San Jacinto has pretty good food but the refried beans and rice on the combination dinners are always soupy and runny, like they are trying to skimp on the servings.
The Good Egg restaurant is a joke, never eat there.
Appy

Hemet, CA

#11 Jan 7, 2011
Is the "Steve's West" folks are referring to the small place on the southeast corner of Florida Avenue?
Isn't there another "Steve's" further east on the north side of Florida that used to be located in the small strip mall where Arby's used to be? I think that Steve's Burgers may have moved out of its former location and into the vacated Arby's building. Only tried their food once but it was pretty good (gyro and philly cheesesteak standwich.)
On a different note, it'd be great if Hemet had a Dunkin' Donuts! They're all over the eastern part of the country but it's very, very rare to see one on the West Coast for some reason. GREAT coffee! I know I'm not the only one who says DD's coffee is way better than the overpriced stuff Starbucks sells!
Poppy

Nuevo, CA

#12 Jan 8, 2011
Steve's West is on Sanderson Ave. between Florida Ave. and Acacia Ave. located on the East side of Sanderson. Just North of the Arco gas station or South of the Good Year tire store.
The Hamburgers and french fries are pretty good. Better than the Zonic Drive In...what a mess that place is.
Food Fan

Moreno Valley, CA

#13 Jan 8, 2011
Milano's on Stetson Ave Has the Best Pizza in the Valley. Also great Pasta Dishes. in the Same Shopping Center is Arturos Family Run Mexican Restaurant. Hands Down the BEST Mexican Food Anywhere! the Service is Good Too. Another Good Mexican Restaurant is LA Fagotta its Behind Big 5 Sporting Goods on Florida Ave. Hangar One Cafe By Hemet Ryan Airport is a Great Place For Breakfast Good Portions & Good Service.
hemet guy

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jan 9, 2011
you should try philly on the run on harvard, was there yesterday
the food is amazing !!
hemcit

AOL

#16 Jan 9, 2011
Food Fan wrote:
Milano's on Stetson Ave Has the Best Pizza in the Valley. Also great Pasta Dishes. in the Same Shopping Center is Arturos Family Run Mexican Restaurant. Hands Down the BEST Mexican Food Anywhere! the Service is Good Too. Another Good Mexican Restaurant is LA Fagotta its Behind Big 5 Sporting Goods on Florida Ave. Hangar One Cafe By Hemet Ryan Airport is a Great Place For Breakfast Good Portions & Good Service.
I heard that the coffee at Ryans is wonderful. Haven't tried it yet. But we did have Milanos pizza. It was horrible. Sauce was nasty and the toppings had no taste. We have not found a good pizza in Hemet yet.
We have realitives that live in Whittier. On Telegraph there is a pizza place called Pizzamania. Their pizza is better than any in New York or Chicago.
DancinDonut

Pasadena, CA

#17 Jan 9, 2011
FAA wrote:
<quoted text>
You might think the Steves in west Hemet might be good if you are comparing it to the other Steves (the ghetto one), but truth is that it's not. The people there play with your food. And they talk shit about the customers. I went inside to order food to go and as I was waiting I heard them. The owner is a pimped out old far who drives a Mercedes. Rude asshole, but at least he helps out, right?
They play with your food? Of course they play with your food, they have to cook it. It is owned by a Koreon(sp) couple. They have always been polite and talk to their customers. But FAA you know how it is, it is some one's personal taste. Some like certain places some do not ... I just think their food is good, when compared to some fast food places here in town.
hemcit

AOL

#20 Jan 11, 2011
FAA wrote:
<quoted text>
I had Milanos twice and both times they were great. But the last time we went there (which would have been the third) the fat guy (and I mean FAT...takes up half the counter. No shit, check it out for yourself!) was so rude. He wasn't rude to us, but the staff. And then two mafia looking old farts came in. One cut in front of us in line, the other went into the back. I guess he owned the place and this let the other geezer felt entitled to cut in line. No big deal, since he was older than dirt and probably had the Grim Reaper waiting outside. Can't keep him waiting! Anyway, the giant tub of shit actually made the girl taking our order tear up. We told her that it's ok. We will be back and we left. I don't care how good the food is. If you treat the staff like crap, especially in front of the customers, you are going to loose business.
Can't blame you for leaving. Some employers aren't worj anything. But with my big mouth I would have opened it to the owner. Which would n ot have helped matters.
anyway we have pretty much given up pizza. Just can't find a good one in the area.
knowitall

San Jose, CA

#21 Jan 11, 2011
For good pizza and Italian food try That's Amore on Sanderson in the Walmart center. Try Pop's Country Cafe for great breakfast and lunch (Yale and Florida, next to taco shop). Pop makes the best homemade soups and his own creation the inside out grilled cheese sandwich, you can pick whatever you inside. I like avocado, bacon, and tomato.
Ruben

Moreno Valley, CA

#23 Jan 12, 2011
Food Fan wrote:
I think I read in the Newspaper a few days ago that Hanger One has a new owner. Yes, it is a good little place to eat and the service is always friendly. Several months ago, when a different cook was there, we noticed the apron he had on was so dirty that it looked like he had been working on his car or something. I beleive he use to work on Harvard street. But the last time I was at Hanger One, They had a new cook.
Ruben

Moreno Valley, CA

#24 Jan 12, 2011
FAA wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard of Pop's Country Cafe. I will have to check it out.
I have eaten at Pop's Cafe and it is a small place. When I ate there a long time ago the food was average. If my information is correct, the waitress there opened up her own cafe called, Hanger One.
hemcit

AOL

#25 Jan 12, 2011
knowitall wrote:
For good pizza and Italian food try That's Amore on Sanderson in the Walmart center. Try Pop's Country Cafe for great breakfast and lunch (Yale and Florida, next to taco shop). Pop makes the best homemade soups and his own creation the inside out grilled cheese sandwich, you can pick whatever you inside. I like avocado, bacon, and tomato.
Oh great. The sound of that inside out grilled cheese just made me hungry. And it is after 11:00
Think I know where I am having lunch tomorrow.
wtf

United States

#26 Jan 13, 2011
For a good old-fashioned East-coast Submarine sandwich, try Fresh Cut Subs. Their full-on, full-sized subs reminded me of the subs I had in my home state, Pennsylvania, years ago! Try them out, I have half for lunch, and the other half for dinner. Not the cheapest sandwich in town, but 2 meals for 1 price? AWESOME!

Mia's is great for breakfast.

Got to try Hangar One soon........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) 23 hr lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Thu Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Dec 24 lupita garcia 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Dec 24 Chris 10
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE