Mormons face opposition in Helotes

Nov 14, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MySanAntonio.com

The Osmond Family is the Mormon Church's version of the Manson Family. Mormons wear magical underwear, and Joseph Smith was killed because he forgot to put his on.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Peter

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Wow, someone has bad feelings towards the Mormon church.

Since: Sep 09

Durango, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Fodder for the petty anti-Mormon.

Since: Oct 09

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

The Mormon Church is a church with incredible doctrine and a history that would shame anyone but a Mormon. So its about like most churches existence.

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Dago- please don't lump-in LDS legitimacy with historically ignorant christian sects. They esteem Mormonism as a cult. They don't like to investigate before they speak.
Thunder Thud

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Dago needum Great Spirit in a Great way. He on trail to Hell. Pony on up.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Judged:

What surprises me most of all is that most people are buying the koolaid that the mormans are trying to feed us - that they're just another church and Christian at that. When in reality they're anything but.

mormans are a business corporation and a political action committee. their meetinghouses are like mcdonalds restaurants - all looking the same, all with the same cookie cutter personality and cookie cutter indoctrination going on inside. there temples are like marriott resorts they used to be unique designs but now they're even getting the cookie cutter designs too... it's a big corporation not a religion - they force members to pony up their $$$ and if you happen to work for the church they'll withhold your "tithe" just like your taxes. Its a business. without paying your admission charges you don't get a ticket to the temple and heaven. and they'll tell you how to vote, force you to donate to their political causes and kick you out if you don't submissively comply.

what mormans are most afraid of are ex-members. they know all the secrets and are exposing them for the corporation that they are. you may even live in a city that has a bonneville communications-owned radio or television station. They're all over. Chicago itself has two bonneville radio stations. But they play hard rock and classical rock music. You'd never know that they were wholly owned by the morman church. that's how the mormans work. they want to worm their way in secretly to government and society and then establish their doctrine as the law of the land. beware this corporation and political action committee disguised as church.

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Pay Per View Armageddon; the Mormon Church versus the Church of Scientology.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

Haw Haw wrote:
What surprises me most of all is that most people are buying the koolaid that the mormans are trying to feed us - that they're just another church and Christian at that. When in reality they're anything but.
mormans are a business corporation and a political action committee. their meetinghouses are like mcdonalds restaurants - all looking the same, all with the same cookie cutter personality and cookie cutter indoctrination going on inside. there temples are like marriott resorts they used to be unique designs but now they're even getting the cookie cutter designs too... it's a big corporation not a religion - they force members to pony up their $$$ and if you happen to work for the church they'll withhold your "tithe" just like your taxes. Its a business. without paying your admission charges you don't get a ticket to the temple and heaven. and they'll tell you how to vote, force you to donate to their political causes and kick you out if you don't submissively comply.
what mormans are most afraid of are ex-members. they know all the secrets and are exposing them for the corporation that they are. you may even live in a city that has a bonneville communications-owned radio or television station. They're all over. Chicago itself has two bonneville radio stations. But they play hard rock and classical rock music. You'd never know that they were wholly owned by the morman church. that's how the mormans work. they want to worm their way in secretly to government and society and then establish their doctrine as the law of the land. beware this corporation and political action committee disguised as church.
I will not deny your claims altogether. I will tell you that the Contemporary Mormon Church(LDS) are that way, but those who follow the teachings of Joseph Smith are not the LDS anyway. The FLDS are always in trouble with the law because they do follow the instructions of the D&C, the Bible, and the Book of Mormon. The Corporate LDS Church have for nearly 100 years been complicit with the Federal Government in trying to rid the world of the truth of the past. They(LDS) are only using the true story of Joseph Smith and how spiritually inspired things got started, to "hook them all in."

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

If you are interested in my comments check-out my blog: http://factsbeknown.blogspot.com/
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

Judged:

VisionClarity wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not deny your claims altogether. I will tell you that the Contemporary Mormon Church(LDS) are that way, but those who follow the teachings of Joseph Smith are not the LDS anyway. The FLDS are always in trouble with the law because they do follow the instructions of the D&C, the Bible, and the Book of Mormon. The Corporate LDS Church have for nearly 100 years been complicit with the Federal Government in trying to rid the world of the truth of the past. They(LDS) are only using the true story of Joseph Smith and how spiritually inspired things got started, to "hook them all in."
NO You have actually won the GRAND PRIZE because YOU have brought to the forefront the GREATEST POINT that CAN BE BROUGHT HERE!!!

And that is - THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF JOSEPH SMITH THE CLOSEST ARE IN FACT THE FUNDAMENTALIST CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS - the FLDS!!!!!!

I'll say it again for those who didn't hear the first time - THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF JOSEPH SMITH THE CLOSEST TODAY ARE IN FACT THE FUNDAMENTALIST CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS!!!!

If Joseph Smith were to be magically reincarnated today - who do you think he would identify closest to? Do you think it would be Warren Jeffs? Or Thomas Spencer Monson? MY OWN MONEY IS ON WARREN JEFFS!!!!!

All the other stuff about the SLC-based corporation that calls themselves the followers of Joseph Smith..... Shall we instead call them something like Joseph Smith and Company, Incorporated? DOES do everything in a cookie cutter fashion, like the McDonald's of religions. Did you get your McBaptism today? No, but I had a great McFast Offering Sunday today where we heard the McTestimonies from the McMembers... Until our McBishop gets around to giving me a McTemple McRecommend, though, I don't know how I'm ever going to get into McHeaven. Maybe we can call Walt Disney and have his agents from Florida come up and invent a shortcut ride for us to follow... Can you all hear the kiddies sing??? "It's a morman world after all, It's a morman world after all, It's a morman world after all, it's a cruel, cruel world (if you're gay)."

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

Judged:

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>

If Joseph Smith were to be magically reincarnated today - who do you think he would identify closest to? Do you think it would be Warren Jeffs? Or Thomas Spencer Monson? MY OWN MONEY IS ON WARREN JEFFS!!!!!
I think you're absolutely correct in this. Of course modern followers of Tommy would chaulk all the changes up to "continuing revelation" rather than apostasy.

I wonder, if one were to apostatize from apostasy often enough would one eventually wind up back at orthodoxy?
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

Judged:

Dagobert II wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're absolutely correct in this. Of course modern followers of Tommy would chaulk all the changes up to "continuing revelation" rather than apostasy.
I wonder, if one were to apostatize from apostasy often enough would one eventually wind up back at orthodoxy?
I think that Roget's Thesaurus would mark "continuing revelation" and "whitewash" as synonyms.

And yes, all that apostasizing does make one feel a bit circular. But, just as McDonalds had to get rid of the fried apple pies, the coconut oil, the McDLT, and the Arch Deluxe, they do occasionally bring the McRib and the Shamrock Shake back for a limited time. So maybe there will be a few months out of the year where polygamous marriage will be allowed in the McTemple soon... We shall soon find out. For a limited time only, available only at participating McTemple locations (some franchisees are in "sensitive areas" where the neighbors would raise a fuss). Check with your McBishop first. Or listen to a Bonneville radio station near you for participating locations.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Roget's Thesaurus would mark "continuing revelation" and "whitewash" as synonyms.
And yes, all that apostatizing does make one feel a bit circular.
My intention in my remarks was to state facts about the Mormon religion. Not to bash the truth about it. You mock the very practices, but I want the truth-seekers to know that Joseph Smith Jr. was righteous and inspired, but that those critical of the doctrine, should be more honest and humble when they pray about what they read. Why not pray about the religion that you question? God is the provider of clear and inspired thinking. Think of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Daniel and friends, Samuel...etc. They all prayed and were inspired. I didn't even touch the good men and women of the New Testament. And how the power of prayer helped them make history.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

VisionClarity wrote:
<quoted text>
My intention in my remarks was to state facts about the Mormon religion. Not to bash the truth about it. You mock the very practices, but I want the truth-seekers to know that Joseph Smith Jr. was righteous and inspired, but that those critical of the doctrine, should be more honest and humble when they pray about what they read. Why not pray about the religion that you question? God is the provider of clear and inspired thinking. Think of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Daniel and friends, Samuel...etc. They all prayed and were inspired. I didn't even touch the good men and women of the New Testament. And how the power of prayer helped them make history.
Religion is disgusting, God isn't.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

Since: Aug 08

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Mormonism is a cult but they have the 1st Amendment right to follow their cult beliefs. I know many Mormons and most of them are good folks. They believe some crazy things but are they any crazier than thinking your god was a man who was murdered and got up after three days, talked to some people and zipped up into the sky?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Helotes Discussions

Search the Helotes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 32 min new to town 3,458
Review: Captain's Ben's Seafood Shack 34 min gypsy 1
Are Mexicans Even Human? (May '13) 43 min Mulah 181
Why are Mexicans so lazy (Apr '13) 46 min Mulah 179
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Hey Clyde 20,385
Mariachi Azul y Plata to perform on Johnny, Nor... 5 hr Benny 6
looking for tranny fun 6 hr jjay 2
•••
•••
•••
Helotes Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Helotes Jobs

•••
•••