Parishes, Dioceses Reach Amicable Settlements

Feb 24, 2011 Full story: Living Church

Four congregations have reached amicable property arrangements with three different dioceses in recent weeks. For three of the congregations, the arrangements await approval by courts and would mean they are freed from continuing litigation.

The most generous agreement involved the Rt. Rev. George E. Councell, Bishop of New Jersey, and St. George’s Church, Helmetta. Bishop Councell and the diocese’s standing committee agreed to sell the property to St. George’s, which will remain a congregation of the Convocation of Anglicans in North America and the Anglican Church in North America ... Full Story

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Feb 25, 2011
from Living Church:

"The Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh, led by Archbishop Robert Duncan of the ACNA, objected strongly to both of those settlements. It characterized the St. Philip’s settlement as raising issues of church-state separation because of the stipulation that the parish must break its previous ties.

"Bishop Duncan issued a godly directive that requires his clergy to consult with the Anglican diocese before engaging in any discussions with the Episcopal diocese."

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#2 Feb 25, 2011
Deposed bishop Duncan is one of the chief North American Allies of the Merry Pirate Primates of the Global South. The organizations that are the chief allies of the Global South in North America are the Convocation of Anglicans in North America and the Anglican Church in North America.

Of course he isn't happy. Greed and lust are never really satisfied. The only thing they want is more!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helmetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trucking industry fears driver shortage could h... Dec 15 Paul Bear 6
American Legion allowing Hells angels registere... (Jul '13) Dec 11 childsexAmericanL... 9
pep boys Nov '14 Zangara 1
East Brunswick Cops...Love or Hate them... your... (Apr '08) Nov '14 just stop it 177
Halloween - Local Offer - East Brunswick / Sout... Oct '14 Michael 1
Town Wants to Ban Cameras After Cop's Obama Ran... Oct '14 ConcernedCitizen 1
Shame on you South River Police Department (May '06) Oct '14 INFIDEL 54

Helmetta News Video

Helmetta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Helmetta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Helmetta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Helmetta

Personal Finance