Assistant principle talking to my 11 ...

Assistant principle talking to my 11 year old about weight

Posted in the Helmetta Forum

Sawhl38

United States

#1 Nov 16, 2012
My child is a 5th grader at our local elementary. School she had knee surgery in July 2012 bec she tour her ACL tendon and damaged her Manisquis so she had a a total ACL repair and they repaired her Manusquis...I have never seen a school di disrespectful in my life my daughter has Physical therapy 2 days a week bit counting when she has orthopedic appts. My story is everytime they see my daughter their ?ing her on get absences she's only been absent from this school a total of 6 days we went to get fall festival at her school her asst principle calls her out with a lot of people standing around having the nerve to ask her why was she absent? I said I'm sorry what was that? She stated well I've told her To watch her absences or she won't pass CRCT (test per state to move to next grade) I said r u kidding me I smiled and I said DON'T WORRY SHE WILL PASS SHE ALWAYS HAS!! We left the festival at my daughters school. My daughter then proceeds to tell me that her and a friend in her class got called to the principle office bec they were not getting along typical girls the asst principle looks at them states " you two are the biggest ones in the class" looks at my Daughter and says have you been walking referring to my child's weight! What can I do I'm tired if their remarks their cocky words and sarcastic attitudes like their better with award about everything my child does its harrasment Is it not?? HELP!!!
Juli

Newark, NJ

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Sawhl38 wrote:
My child is a 5th grader at our local elementary. School she had knee surgery in July 2012 bec she tour her ACL tendon and damaged her Manisquis so she had a a total ACL repair and they repaired her Manusquis...I have never seen a school di disrespectful in my life my daughter has Physical therapy 2 days a week bit counting when she has orthopedic appts. My story is everytime they see my daughter their ?ing her on get absences she's only been absent from this school a total of 6 days we went to get fall festival at her school her asst principle calls her out with a lot of people standing around having the nerve to ask her why was she absent? I said I'm sorry what was that? She stated well I've told her To watch her absences or she won't pass CRCT (test per state to move to next grade) I said r u kidding me I smiled and I said DON'T WORRY SHE WILL PASS SHE ALWAYS HAS!! We left the festival at my daughters school. My daughter then proceeds to tell me that her and a friend in her class got called to the principle office bec they were not getting along typical girls the asst principle looks at them states " you two are the biggest ones in the class" looks at my Daughter and says have you been walking referring to my child's weight! What can I do I'm tired if their remarks their cocky words and sarcastic attitudes like their better with award about everything my child does its harrasment Is it not?? HELP!!!
Go to the board of educarion and file a formal complaint
OB Reader

Little Ferry, NJ

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Juli wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the board of educarion and file a formal complaint
I suggest that if you do this, be as detailed as possible in your complaint (specifically list dates missed, comments made by school officials and when they made them, include letters of excuse from doctors as appropriate, etc.

The more detail you provide, the stronger your case will be.
Skizots

Old Bridge, NJ

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Dear "Sawh138": Please take the advice of the others who posted above. This blog is not going to get you anywhere. The proper, mature, responsible way to handle this as a parent is to document everything, making sure your child has given you accurate information. If what you said was true about the school principal, his/her conduct was beyond inappropriate. Your next thing to do would be to contact the school district superintendent (the principal's "boss"), starting out with a phone call. Chances are that the office will take a message. If no one gets back to you within 24 (business) hours, then follow up with an email (and be very careful how you word it, and be precise!). Again, if no reply within the 24 hours, your next step is to contact the President of the BOE. If no reply, bring it all up at the next scheduled BOE Meeting. In the meantime, do some research on the school district website regarding rights/grievances, etc. Good luck to you. Happy Thanksgiving.
Big man

East Brunswick, NJ

#5 Nov 21, 2012
Learn to spell.
OB Reader

Little Ferry, NJ

#6 Nov 22, 2012
Big man wrote:
Learn to spell.
Don't mean to sound rude but "Big man" has a point. Be sure to run "spell check" on any letter and closely review it for typos and grammatical errors.

A letter containing errors will often lose credibility.
happy

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Nov 28, 2012
You will not get anywhere with the board of ed. In fact, you will not get anywhere, period when dealing with the school system. These people are scummy lying pigs. The term "strong union" just means that everyone of them will lie thrue their fking teeth to cover for eachother. Best of luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helmetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Meetup Group In NJ For Mormons! Jul '16 JAYB 1
Bubble Palooza Jun '16 NYGiants27 1
Speed limits? What Speed limits? Jun '16 Youvegottobekidding 1
hells angels the only known Gay 1% MC draws 81 ... (Jul '13) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
Poll should magistro's salary along with fat adminst... (Mar '10) Apr '16 Randolf 15
News S. River man nabbed in rape (Sep '06) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 9
News Helmetta police adopt new policies (May '08) Nov '15 NJDoc 14

Helmetta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Helmetta Mortgages