Brandy Williams murder trial: State c...

Brandy Williams murder trial: State continues calling witnesses

There are 30 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Brandy Williams murder trial: State continues calling witnesses. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

The second day of testimony in Brandy Nicole Williams' capital murder trial is under way at Lafayette County Courthouse in Oxford.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Sep 6, 2012
They never did answer the ongoing question of whom was doing the driving.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 6, 2012
Scoop why isn't she being charged with the death penalty?

Location hidden

#3 Sep 7, 2012
Just a guess as the DA isn't telling why yet.
It will probably be hard enough just to get a conviction with life in prison, let alone the death penalty. The jury is very likely to see her as a young girl, a victim of circumstances and a bad boy friend, and less inclined to convict/execute a woman. The DA cannot prove who was driving at the time the Sheriff was hit. She was driving when the chase began, but no one (except her and Baxter) can say she was the driver at the time.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 7, 2012
The_SCOOP wrote:
Just a guess as the DA isn't telling why yet.
It will probably be hard enough just to get a conviction with life in prison, let alone the death penalty. The jury is very likely to see her as a young girl, a victim of circumstances and a bad boy friend, and less inclined to convict/execute a woman. The DA cannot prove who was driving at the time the Sheriff was hit. She was driving when the chase began, but no one (except her and Baxter) can say she was the driver at the time.
That sounds like a reasonable explanation, however, Tony Keel was there and some others I don't understand why they cannot say who was driving.
FreeMan

Hattiesburg, MS

#5 Sep 8, 2012
To truly know the facts in a trial you must be in the courtroom. Since we cannot be there, the next best thing is the views of those in the court room.

Check out April Havens tweets at link below.
This is her observations in the courtroom

https://mobile.twitter.com/AprilMHavens/tweet...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Sep 8, 2012
FreeMan wrote:
To truly know the facts in a trial you must be in the courtroom. Since we cannot be there, the next best thing is the views of those in the court room.
Check out April Havens tweets at link below.
This is her observations in the courtroom
https://mobile.twitter.com/AprilMHavens/tweet...
that is a broken link and I'm not sure how to look at someone's " tweets", would you please either explain to me or put another link, I would love to read what April has to say.
stefaniedd

Pearl, MS

#7 Sep 8, 2012
This is the link from address bar of twitter that I was able to read.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AprilMHavens...
mentul_autocrat wrote:
<quoted text> that is a broken link and I'm not sure how to look at someone's " tweets", would you please either explain to me or put another link, I would love to read what April has to say.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Location hidden

#8 Sep 8, 2012
Yea its working for me

Location hidden

#9 Sep 8, 2012
I read a lots of the tweet - I find it strange that none of the wittnesses can testify as to how the sheriff was killed. They had to see that truck coming and had to see it leaving - certainly seems you should be able to tell if it was a man or a woman in the drivers seat. Wonder why Baxter took the 5th - what does he have to lose.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, he will get life anyway. On our dime.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 8, 2012
stefaniedd wrote:
This is the link from address bar of twitter that I was able to read.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AprilMHavens...
<quoted text>
Thank you very much, I was able to read that one.
kbf-268

Orange, TX

#12 Sep 8, 2012
No he ain't got nothing to lose but why should he help her she should get the same thing life

Location hidden

#13 Sep 8, 2012
kbf-268 wrote:
No he ain't got nothing to lose but why should he help her she should get the same thing life
She should get life. If she was driving, how could she get anything else - he was not holding a gun on her.

Since: Aug 10

Lucedale, MS

#14 Sep 8, 2012
cipsaw wrote:
I read a lots of the tweet - I find it strange that none of the wittnesses can testify as to how the sheriff was killed. They had to see that truck coming and had to see it leaving - certainly seems you should be able to tell if it was a man or a woman in the drivers seat. Wonder why Baxter took the 5th - what does he have to lose.
He has a pending appeal.

Lucedale, MS

#15 Sep 8, 2012
We were at the last trial and will be there Monday for this one. From the testimony by the officers, it all happened so fast, Tony was busy jumping out of the way. One officer was headed back to his vehicle and the other one just could not tell. I felt so sorry for all of them. They would have loved to be able to say for sure, but after the sheriff was hit all they were worried about was trying to help him.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 8, 2012
FishyWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a pending appeal.
Thanks Fishy - I do find it hard to believe that no one knows who was driving. I certainly hope he does not get another trial such a waste of our money.

Lucedale, MS

#17 Sep 8, 2012
I wish they had both pled guilty and saved the family so much more grief and the county a lot of money. If they convicted him with only one person who saw him driving after the fact, I don't see how the outcome of this trial can be any different.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 8, 2012
FishyWoman wrote:
I wish they had both pled guilty and saved the family so much more grief and the county a lot of money. If they convicted him with only one person who saw him driving after the fact, I don't see how the outcome of this trial can be any different.
She will be convicted and I feel sure she will get life. Seems a guilty plea would have been best for them too.

Lucedale, MS

#19 Sep 9, 2012
In Oxford for the completion of the trial, don't worry we have a house-sitter, no worries about being robbed while we are gone. Nobody would face the five dogs we have guarding the place!!

Location hidden

#20 Sep 9, 2012
FishyWoman wrote:
In Oxford for the completion of the trial, don't worry we have a house-sitter, no worries about being robbed while we are gone. Nobody would face the five dogs we have guarding the place!!
Such a sad situation for all involved. Maybe it will be over soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Adult sex dating in picayune mississippi (Sep '08) Nov 13 Johanshsy74 5
Tina cumbie Oct '17 ldc 3
Moss Point Music Selection (Sep '12) Sep '17 Musikologist 15
Larry Wayne Smith Sep '17 Joe 1
News Pascagoula city attorney who raised ethics conc... Sep '17 PKCM 2
Church is dying Jul '17 sadone 1
Chevron Job Info (Mar '11) Jun '17 SouthMs 454

Helena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance