York Dispatch - Just for the thrill o...

York Dispatch - Just for the thrill of the kill?

There are 1 comment on the York Dispatch story from Dec 25, 2007, titled York Dispatch - Just for the thrill of the kill?. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

It bugs me, the idea of killing for the sake of killing. I understand fully the act of killing for food, especially if you're hungry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

David Bange

Plainfield, PA

#1 Jan 12, 2008
Your article only goes to show your ignorance of the coyote in PA, and the USA.

The Coyote is known as the "Little Wolf", because they are less than 1/2 the size of a wolf, but have many of the characteristics of the Wolf. The Love of the kill!

Coyotes usually run as individuals, or family groups, but also do run in packs. Yes, MOST of the time they are rodent or carrion eaters, but they also love fresh meat. In PA they are killing lots of deer fawns. On dairy farms they will await a cow that is calving, and occasionally kill and drag off the calf. Sheep farmers are especially hard hit by the "Little Wolf", because a lamb is very easy to carry off.

Closer to home....Many people are loosing their small pets that run loose outside, especially cats that coyotes count as special treats.

Now to the Attacks you mention. There have been far more than 2 attacks on pets....in fact there have been several attacks or attempted attacks on small children as well.

Yes, the coyote is a challenge to hunt, and NO very few people eat them, however.....remember...... there are certain groups of people who consider dogs a delicacy!

Now....before you go spouting off about someone killing something, better do a bit of research, and see what the critter is doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hegins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question Jul 19 Ali 27 1
Kenneth C. Walton 23 years SF, walks out with d... (Oct '14) Jan '15 stillmissingyou 2
News Indian population booming in Philadelphia area (Jul '11) Dec '14 Go Blue Forever 58
Unfair, Biased Announcer for Council Rock North... (Oct '14) Oct '14 citizens for equa... 1
Ken Walton abandons his family for his new job ... (Feb '07) Oct '14 VannahGregory 5
Newtown Grant HOA question (Apr '08) Sep '14 Newtown Grant hom... 12
News Man Arrested After Allegedly Trying to Run Peop... (Aug '13) Aug '13 finally 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hegins Mortgages