Police officer charged in fraud

Police officer charged in fraud

There are 76 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jun 13, 2007, titled Police officer charged in fraud. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Schuylkill County police officer was charged Tuesday with filing a false insurance claim, allegedly reporting that he fractured his right hand when his son accidentally closed a van door on it when he ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
RideEmCowboy

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 13, 2007
Well, he can always get a job with the Allentown Police.
Dummy

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2007
Atleast he showed enough restraint at the the time to punch the fridge instead of his wife!
Fix It

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2007
Why is it that in order to be a cashier at Redners you have to go through a rigerous personality test; yet they'll let ANYONE be a law enforcement officer?
Ash

United States

#6 Jun 13, 2007
Fix It wrote:
Why is it that in order to be a cashier at Redners you have to go through a rigerous personality test; yet they'll let ANYONE be a law enforcement officer?
They don't let anyone be a officer. you have to pass 4 tests before your even aloud in the academy, one being a psych test
kathy65

Stevens, PA

#7 Jun 13, 2007
Ash wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't let anyone be a officer. you have to pass 4 tests before your even aloud in the academy, one being a psych test
well, I'm not talking about all officers...but evidently the physc test in this case was to easy....NOBODY knows what goes on behind closed doors in a home....this guy may be a problem waitng to happen.
ros

Toledo, OH

#8 Jun 13, 2007
I'm glad the guy didn't hit his wife or harm his kids. I hope he can get some help for his anger.
Not sure why he needed to file two reports for the same injury.
allentown voter

United States

#9 Jun 13, 2007
4 tests, the psyc test is so easy any nut can pass it, then you have a agility test which means the candiate stays fit until after he is hired the immediately starts eating donuts, the there is a common sense test which depending on how many people show up you could be 1st on the list and have a very low IQ, then there is the panel review, wow 3 people interviewing you with tough questions like if we gave you this job would you shoot someone? obvious questions
kathy65

Stevens, PA

#10 Jun 13, 2007
allentown voter wrote:
4 tests, the psyc test is so easy any nut can pass it, then you have a agility test which means the candiate stays fit until after he is hired the immediately starts eating donuts, the there is a common sense test which depending on how many people show up you could be 1st on the list and have a very low IQ, then there is the panel review, wow 3 people interviewing you with tough questions like if we gave you this job would you shoot someone? obvious questions
LOL..and you know this how?
WTF

AOL

#11 Jun 13, 2007
here we go..........

If this person was not a cop, would have this story made it in the paper? People defraud insurance companies all the time (Mostly b/c they defraud us) and it never makes the paper

oh wait....... here we go again

who will be the first to say that Officer's are held to a higher standard?

“I can be such a Butthead”

Since: May 07

Coopersburg

#12 Jun 13, 2007
It doesn't matter who you are...everything revolves around the mighty buck.
kathy65

Stevens, PA

#13 Jun 13, 2007
Butthead wrote:
It doesn't matter who you are...everything revolves around the mighty buck.
maybe in your world....

“Quit whining.......”

Since: Jun 07

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jun 13, 2007
allentown voter wrote:
And exactly when did you take these tests? At least when I post FACTUAL information, I know what I am talking about. Get your facts straight before letting your fingers do the walking .....

“Quit whining.......”

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jun 13, 2007
Another waste of money wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. You think you know it all. All police departments do not have the same requirements, the smaller towns are less stringent, then the city departments. Look at the area, where he was from, until a few years ago, shooting pigions was a sport. Too bad, it still isn't.
I assumed he was talking about getting into the police academy....sorry
alentown voter

United States

#19 Jun 14, 2007
mr crimefighter
i was talking about getting into beth or allentown police force. the testing with most places is very standard and overseen by the civil service. the only real requirement changes in becoming a police officer has been that most places require 60 credits of criminal justice before being alloweed to take test.

“Quit whining.......”

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jun 14, 2007
alentown voter wrote:
mr crimefighter
i was talking about getting into beth or allentown police force. the testing with most places is very standard and overseen by the civil service. the only real requirement changes in becoming a police officer has been that most places require 60 credits of criminal justice before being alloweed to take test.
Also, almost ALL police departments now have a residency requirement, typically within 10 air miles.

“Be a solution not a problem”

Since: Apr 07

Bethlehem PA

#21 Jun 14, 2007
allentown voter wrote:
You are somewhat correct except there is no common sense test which there should be. Now any college grad, with the highest IQ possible can score perfect on a Police exam and have absolutely 0 common sense. Psych test is a waste because many pass it who are certifiably nuts and you can be fit as a fiddle pass the agility test and then spend the rest of your career getting bigger uniforms because your pants don't fit. And Bethlehem does not have any residency requirement, you can live in California and as long as you got to work on time it is ok.

“Quit whining.......”

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Jun 14, 2007
BPD LeHi ValEs FinesT wrote:
<quoted text>
You are somewhat correct except there is no common sense test which there should be. Now any college grad, with the highest IQ possible can score perfect on a Police exam and have absolutely 0 common sense. Psych test is a waste because many pass it who are certifiably nuts and you can be fit as a fiddle pass the agility test and then spend the rest of your career getting bigger uniforms because your pants don't fit. And Bethlehem does not have any residency requirement, you can live in California and as long as you got to work on time it is ok.
When I graduated from the academy, on my first shift, the Sgt. told me "now almost everything you learned in the academy you can toss out the window". He was right. It all comes down to common sense and "street" smarts.You can be a walking law dictionary, but that means sh** if you can't communicate on "their" level.

Bloomsburg, PA

#23 Jun 15, 2007
kathy65 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..and you know this how?
So you have tried it?

I don't know...I am in pretty damn good shape and I have been a cop for ammost 7 years. I haven't punched a fridge, killed anybody, committed insurance fraud. I guess I know how the minorities feel now. A racist attack on my people...should I rant and rave about it now? Should I tell you how you are keeping me down by making your comments. The way I see it, you can think what you want. I can't wait to stop you for speeding LMAO

Bloomsburg, PA

#24 Jun 15, 2007
crimefighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, almost ALL police departments now have a residency requirement, typically within 10 air miles.
And most of the tests are standard. The entrance exam is one of a few types of civil service exam..the psych test is standard..and most oral board questions are very similar. As far as fitness tests, most smaller boroughs employ recent academy graduates who have just recently finished and are still in shape..but what do I know? I have only been a cop for seven years and taken the tests a few times.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#25 Jun 15, 2007
Could you relay that message to Ron F?
crimefighter wrote:
<quoted text>
When I graduated from the academy, on my first shift, the Sgt. told me "now almost everything you learned in the academy you can toss out the window". He was right. It all comes down to common sense and "street" smarts.You can be a walking law dictionary, but that means sh** if you can't communicate on "their" level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hegins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder in Williamstown Mar '16 Glitter 1
Amy Murray/ Michael Ross Fired from Walmart (Dec '07) Jan '16 Onlyme 2
Question (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ali 27 1
Kenneth C. Walton 23 years SF, walks out with d... (Oct '14) Jan '15 stillmissingyou 2
News Indian population booming in Philadelphia area (Jul '11) Dec '14 Go Blue Forever 58
News Man Arrested After Allegedly Trying to Run Peop... (Aug '13) Aug '13 finally 1
News Humane Society Speaks out Against Pigeon Shoot ... (Jul '08) May '12 Puzzeled 80
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hegins Mortgages