Cabell Co. Education is a joke!

Posted in the Hedgesville Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Fed up parent

Brooklyn, NY

#1 May 3, 2013
Over paid teachers, superintendent making $137k, luxury resort training seminars, new schools replacing good schools, consolidation when communities didn't want it, year round schooling against the parents and students wishes, where does if end? Punishing parents for truancy. How about punishing teachers that miss 5 days. Drug testing students, but not teachers? How is Cabell county compared nationally? Great job Bill Smith and the dozen leaches at the board office getting paid enormous salaries by the tax payers. VOTE ALL THE BOARD MEMBERS OUT!!! We need change!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 May 3, 2013
Fed up parent wrote:
Over paid teachers, superintendent making $137k, luxury resort training seminars, new schools replacing good schools, consolidation when communities didn't want it, year round schooling against the parents and students wishes, where does if end? Punishing parents for truancy. How about punishing teachers that miss 5 days. Drug testing students, but not teachers? How is Cabell county compared nationally? Great job Bill Smith and the dozen leaches at the board office getting paid enormous salaries by the tax payers. VOTE ALL THE BOARD MEMBERS OUT!!! We need change!
And they test the kids; not the teachers...Smith; Just another "Prick" in The Wall.
PhukEdyoocayshun

Huntington, WV

#3 May 4, 2013
While most of this is dead on, no teacher anywhere in this country is overpaid, ever. I came from Wayne Co at the beginning of this year and sadly, Wayne is way more desirable than Cabell as far as schooling goes. That shocked the hell out of me.

Oh, and FUCK YOU JAMIE OLIVER! Thanks to you, my child will not eat at school. I have to spend an $200 more a month than I did when she ate at school for things that will easily go in her lunch because you're an idiot and whoever decided to let you make decisions regarding the menu at school is an even bigger idiot.
Fyi

Charleston, WV

#4 May 4, 2013
Fed up parent wrote:
. And if we do not put a stop to it, it will only get worse!!
Fyi

Charleston, WV

#5 May 4, 2013
PhukEdyoocayshun wrote:
While most of this is dead on, no teacher anywhere in this country is overpaid, ever. I came from Wayne Co at the beginning of this year and sadly, Wayne is way more desirable than Cabell as far as schooling goes. That shocked the hell out of me.
Oh, and FUCK YOU JAMIE OLIVER! Thanks to you, my child will not eat at school. I have to spend an $200 more a month than I did when she ate at school for things that will easily go in her lunch because you're an idiot and whoever decided to let you make decisions regarding the menu at school is an even bigger idiot.
. They r starving our kids because they don't like most of the food and the older kids do not get enough The head cooks should be aloud to pick the menu for their own school! They r the ones who knows what they eat and don't eat!!
Fyi

Charleston, WV

#6 May 4, 2013
Rasta Me wrote:
<quoted text>
And they test the kids; not the teachers...Smith; Just another "Prick" in The Wall.
. Most of the newer teachers do not have a clue what they r teaching, and all the older teachers that r retiring because of how they r changing things. It's a shame that it's nit about the kids anymore, at all!!!
PhukEdyoocashun

Huntington, WV

#7 May 4, 2013
Fyi wrote:
<quoted text>. They r starving our kids because they don't like most of the food and the older kids do not get enough The head cooks should be aloud to pick the menu for their own school! They r the ones who knows what they eat and don't eat!!
Yep. I get that they're going for a healthier menu, but nothing is healthy about my child getting off the bus saying "Mommy I'm hungry" every day because she couldn't eat at school. Even on days when she does like the food, the portions are so small she is still hungry.
How about

Tornado, WV

#8 May 4, 2013
Fyi wrote:
<quoted text>. They r starving our kids because they don't like most of the food and the older kids do not get enough The head cooks should be aloud to pick the menu for their own school! They r the ones who knows what they eat and don't eat!!
I know what you mean. The portions are pathetic. They are giving elementary kids an amount a toddler would eat. You are right, they are starving them. They are trying to starve them down to a healthy weight. I do know that the schools in Cabell County now have a fruit and salad bar and they are allowed to get whatever they want of off it. So the kids could just get some fruit and salad if they don't like what is on their tray.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#9 May 4, 2013
"Trying to starve them down to a healthy weight," oh the horror!! Sad that you all don't know portion sizes, don't care if your kids are fat, and that you didn't raise your kids on healthy food so they won't eat anything good for them now.
MommyDearest

Lavalette, WV

#10 May 4, 2013
PhukEdyoocayshun wrote:
Wow, do you talk like that in front of your child or children. What a role model <insert claps and sarcasm>!

Also, it sounds like your child is a spoiled brat. YOU are allowing your CHILD to dictate what they will and will not eat. You need to man (or woman) up and call the shots in your home. Stop letting your trouble child control things.

p.s. have a nice day :)
MommyDearest

Lavalette, WV

#11 May 4, 2013
The kids I see certainly do not look like they are starving...Maybe they are doing the kids a big favor by offering smaller portions.
annoying

Logan, WV

#12 May 4, 2013
Looking at some of the sentence structure and spelling on here; example: "Aloud" instead of "Allowed", looks like the pot calling the kettle black. Hope they're not being taught language arts at home.

Also, sorry, but our state is one if the top fattest states in the US. It is a good thing that schools are trying to feed them healthier foods. The children are probably not satisfied with it because they were brought up eating more junk food types of food and are used to having larger portions. My goodness, people, get over it! If it's better for your kids, be happy about it!
FYI

Charleston, WV

#13 May 4, 2013
How about wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. The portions are pathetic. They are giving elementary kids an amount a toddler would eat. You are right, they are starving them. They are trying to starve them down to a healthy weight. I do know that the schools in Cabell County now have a fruit and salad bar and they are allowed to get whatever they want of off it. So the kids could just get some fruit and salad if they don't like what is on their tray.
. Not all of them have one!
FYI

Charleston, WV

#14 May 4, 2013
nunya wrote:
"Trying to starve them down to a healthy weight," oh the horror!! Sad that you all don't know portion sizes, don't care if your kids are fat, and that you didn't raise your kids on healthy food so they won't eat anything good for them now.
. My kids r not over weight and they do eat healthy!!!! When kids have a high motabilisiom, they eat all the time!!! Small portions all day long!!! So they get enough at lunch but an hr or so later they r starved!!!! Smart one!!! Let's see, u have breakfast at around 7 - 7:45 and lunch is at 10 or 11 and from than til 3 what? Nothing!!!! And starved stout 4-4:30 when they get off the buss!!!
FYI

Charleston, WV

#15 May 4, 2013
MommyDearest wrote:
The kids I see certainly do not look like they are starving...Maybe they are doing the kids a big favor by offering smaller portions.
kids r over weight due to sitting all day at school from 8-4 ( that's around the time they get off the bus! They don't eat much at school so when the get home they eat and than its time for home work and bed... Lack if exercise!! Let's see how smart u think u r now!!
1 post removed
FYI

Charleston, WV

#17 May 4, 2013
annoying wrote:
Looking at some of the sentence structure and spelling on here; example: "Aloud" instead of "Allowed", looks like the pot calling the kettle black. Hope they're not being taught language arts at home.
Also, sorry, but our state is one if the top fattest states in the US. It is a good thing that schools are trying to feed them healthier foods. The children are probably not satisfied with it because they were brought up eating more junk food types of food and are used to having larger portions. My goodness, people, get over it! If it's better for your kids, be happy about it!
shows u r not smart at all, or u would know why the kids r fat!!! Read my other posts!!!
FYI

Charleston, WV

#18 May 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>. My kids r not over weight and they do eat healthy!!!! When kids have a high motabilisiom, they eat all the time!!! Small portions all day long!!! So they get enough at lunch but an hr or so later they r starved!!!! Smart one!!! Let's see, u have breakfast at around 7 - 7:45 and lunch is at 10 or 11 and from than til 3 what? Nothing!!!! And starved stout 4-4:30 when they get off the buss!!!
oops!! Bus!!!!! Or busses!!!
annoying

Logan, WV

#19 May 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text> shows u r not smart at all, or u would know why the kids r fat!!! Read my other posts!!!
Hey, smarty pants, I wasn't speaking to you or about you when I posted that whole food issue. But, thanks for trying. Go cook your kid some wholesome food so they stop complaining.
annoying

Logan, WV

#20 May 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text> shows u r not smart at all, or u would know why the kids r fat!!! Read my other posts!!!
Oh, but I was referring to you when I was talking about the whole spelling and sentence structure.
annoying

Logan, WV

#21 May 4, 2013
Be happy that your kids are getting fed. There are plenty of other issues in this world, like children who don't get fed period, that you could be worrying about. This is extremely petty compared to what other kids go through on a daily basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedgesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magistrate Dan Goheen's dead son 17 min harley 5
February is Black History Month 29 min February 70
East End Heroin 56 min Ohio state fan 31
Shanicea Cremeans "shay" 1 hr Christine 5
Never bet with a republican 1 hr -zaphod- 145
Prevailing Wage Repeal Approved in Senate 2 hr marty 45
Camden Park shutting down 2 hr camdenparkdenutzs 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hedgesville Mortgages