Why do people who pay the least taxes...

Why do people who pay the least taxes get the most back

Posted in the Hedgesville Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
had it up to here

AOL

#1 Jan 29, 2011
I don't know about you, but I am fed up with hearing about welfare mongers getting giant tax refund checks. People who have a bunch of kids they can't afford and get assistance for should not get giant tax refunds. They should have to pay a portion back for the food stamps they gobble up and their kids medical cards if they recieved assistance that tax year. Why do people not on welfare, foodstamps, medicaid, have to pay for people who are then as a bonus we shower them with a huge refund check every February? The system is broken and needs to be fixed. We reward people for making terrible descisions in this country and penalize the ones that try to do things for themselves without aid from the federal and state government.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Not All R Lyke that

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2011
Ok everyone that get help from the state is not after just them getting money or help some ppl do need help and work full time but can't seem to make it and just néed alittle bit of help.. Yes do believe it's messed up the ones that set on there ass and collect foodstamps and all kinds of other stuff that shits messed up. But my self yes I had a child young n her dad is a POS I work and go to school both full time I need a little bit of help but I do pay my taxes just like u
Bocephus

Dallas, GA

#3 Jan 29, 2011
had it up to here wrote:
I don't know about you, but I am fed up with hearing about welfare mongers getting giant tax refund checks. People who have a bunch of kids they can't afford and get assistance for should not get giant tax refunds. They should have to pay a portion back for the food stamps they gobble up and their kids medical cards if they recieved assistance that tax year. Why do people not on welfare, foodstamps, medicaid, have to pay for people who are then as a bonus we shower them with a huge refund check every February? The system is broken and needs to be fixed. We reward people for making terrible descisions in this country and penalize the ones that try to do things for themselves without aid from the federal and state government.
What a wonderful defining of the democratic agenda.
3ri3

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 29, 2011
AMEN
me too

United States

#5 Jan 29, 2011
I'm sick of it! And if they are getting such big refunds why don't they pay me back the Medicaid they took from my check used for THEIR child. Money I'll never get back, yet they are getting thousands Hahahah a joke.
1 post removed
thatsjustrude

United States

#7 Jan 29, 2011
For one, I'm a single hard working mother of 2, yes, I do get assistance only because their dad doesn't give ANY kind of support. It is a huge help to get that assistance!! Trust me, I had to suck up my pride to even go apply. As far as the giant refund checks, the more you make the more you get back....& I use all of that to pay bills, home improvement, take my kids on vacation & make sure they have money put back for their college. So...please take into consideration the mothers who do work hard & have just been a victim to a ridiculous divorce & not being in the best area to be "prosperous". Not all "good" employers are kid friendly, they don't understand if you have a sick child or if their is a 2 hour delay in school, you are still required to be @ work, so some of us have to settle for a less paying job to get a break. That is a very close minded statement & its very offending to people like myself.
me too

United States

#8 Jan 29, 2011
thatsjustrude wrote:
For one, I'm a single hard working mother of 2, yes, I do get assistance only because their dad doesn't give ANY kind of support. It is a huge help to get that assistance!! Trust me, I had to suck up my pride to even go apply. As far as the giant refund checks, the more you make the more you get back....& I use all of that to pay bills, home improvement, take my kids on vacation & make sure they have money put back for their college. So...please take into consideration the mothers who do work hard & have just been a victim to a ridiculous divorce & not being in the best area to be "prosperous". Not all "good" employers are kid friendly, they don't understand if you have a sick child or if their is a 2 hour delay in school, you are still required to be @ work, so some of us have to settle for a less paying job to get a break. That is a very close minded statement & its very offending to people like myself.
Apologies to your particular story, BUT let's say I know someone and they don't work live off the government and get back $2,000 bucks. Hmmmm so ur telling me they lives completely off of my tax money that I never get back? And I work my ass off. That's more along the lines of my venting. How fair does that seem?
thatsjustrude

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2011
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologies to your particular story, BUT let's say I know someone and they don't work live off the government and get back $2,000 bucks. Hmmmm so ur telling me they lives completely off of my tax money that I never get back? And I work my ass off. That's more along the lines of my venting. How fair does that seem?
it's not fair & I totally I agree. But please don't include EVERYONE in your statements. I don't think it's right either, but you really can't complain because it's the people who are VOTED in who make those descions. My mom & dad are in the tax bracket that doesn't get any breaks, my dad is a vet & still works for the fed governement & my mom works for state government so I hear it all the time. But maybe one day one of your children will need help & you will be thankful for the assistance. But no, it's not fair to most people who work everyday & don't get anything in return & to see the other sit on their blessed assurance, do drugs & have a kid every other year to continuously sponge of the system. That irriates me too, but if it wasn't there @ all I would be screwed. but $2,000 is the least amount you can get, it shows they haven't worked @ all. maybe you could just lie like everyone else...lol!
had it up to here

AOL

#10 Jan 29, 2011
thatsjustrude wrote:
Why should I and other tax payers have to shoulder the burden when you chose a deadbeat to lay down with? You chose to not use birth control and get pregnant with two kids, not me. What do I have to send you and your kids on a vacation. First, the money you get back is earned income credits, it is not getting back what you have paid in. Second, you more than likely knew he was gonna be deadbeat when you went to bed with him or at least after you made the first one. People just make babies without worrying about how they are gonna feed them, insure them, buy them school clothes because they don't care about passing their financial problems onto others. If the government would stop handing out freebies and "oops you messed up, but we'll take care of it" passes them maybe people would quit procreating with reckless abandon.
me too

United States

#11 Jan 29, 2011
thatsjustrude wrote:
<quoted text>it's not fair & I totally I agree. But please don't include EVERYONE in your statements. I don't think it's right either, but you really can't complain because it's the people who are VOTED in who make those descions. My mom & dad are in the tax bracket that doesn't get any breaks, my dad is a vet & still works for the fed governement & my mom works for state government so I hear it all the time. But maybe one day one of your children will need help & you will be thankful for the assistance. But no, it's not fair to most people who work everyday & don't get anything in return & to see the other sit on their blessed assurance, do drugs & have a kid every other year to continuously sponge of the system. That irriates me too, but if it wasn't there @ all I would be screwed. but $2,000 is the least amount you can get, it shows they haven't worked @ all. maybe you could just lie like everyone else...lol!
Well actually you can get far less than $2,000. I know. And as a matter of fact I CAN complain because I do not get shit for help and I work 65 hour work weeks. Who says that I voted for the dumbass politicians giving away my money?

Lie like everyone else? If I was dishonest and not hardworking then not only would I lie like everyone else .. I'd sit on my ass and get free money like everyone else. Hahaha.

Thats not my character.
annoyed

Uneeda, WV

#12 Jan 29, 2011
If you receive any kind of welfare benefits you should NOT receive an income tax return. I agree with them paying back what they've been given. I'm college educated, have 2 full time jobs & a family. My employer doesn't offer insurance, I can't afford a private policy, don't (& wouldn't want to) qualify for any state assistance & I have to PAY taxes every year. This country is bass ackwards to say the least!
me too

United States

#13 Jan 29, 2011
annoyed wrote:
If you receive any kind of welfare benefits you should NOT receive an income tax return. I agree with them paying back what they've been given. I'm college educated, have 2 full time jobs & a family. My employer doesn't offer insurance, I can't afford a private policy, don't (& wouldn't want to) qualify for any state assistance & I have to PAY taxes every year. This country is bass ackwards to say the least!
Yes.
had it up to here

AOL

#14 Jan 29, 2011
annoyed wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more. It burns my a$$ that I have to shell out so much for health insurance and the people on state funded medicaid programs have no copay, no out of pocket for most prescriptions, and have access to physical therapy services and such that I can't even get with a copay.
thatsjustrude

United States

#15 Jan 29, 2011
first of all my me & my ex were completely finacially stable when we had both of our children!!!! he had surgery & got hooked on the pain pills afterwards & hasn't made anny attempt to get better, not mine or your fault but crap happens!! Second, why should my children be robbed of a normal childhood, nice home & food just because your bitter about our system? I work just as hard as you, just don't make as much money. maybe you should check into income guidelines in order to recieve assistance...household of 3 you make upto $3,200 a month. Thats not really poor sweetheart :) another thing, maybe you should into your state laws because in WV ANY child that doesn't have medical coverage is REQUIRED BY LAW TO BE COVERED BY MEDICAID, did a report on it in college, oh, yeah, I did go to college. I hope that you & your family doesn't become a victim to the decline in america & lose your jobs. Because then maybe, just maybe you would know how it felt. We had a 4 bedroom home in Ritter park, brand news cars..he had a suburban & I had an acura...so no I never would have dreamed to be in this situation. I didn't know he was gonna be a deadbeat, you cant really predict he would jack up his knees @ work & need surgery & then everything go down the tube. You are just a horrible excuse for a human being. I put my pants on the same way as you every morning sweetheart, & I bleed red just like you. But I bet your one of those that doesn't have any friends & is just bitter cause you work all the time & can't enjoy life. Get off your high horse & look & see what is goin on in your own backyard.
had it up to here

AOL

#16 Jan 29, 2011
Don't be mad with me cause you got yourself in a mess darling. The truth is the truth and I understand it can hit a nerve. All of your sob story if in fact true, again not my fault or any other taxpayers problem to clean up that financial turmoil you got yourself into. Perhaps you should have been more modest with your money when you had some then you would have some for your rainy days.
thatsjustrude

United States

#17 Jan 29, 2011
seriously? How do you think I pay my house payment? lol! Thats just ridiculous, & I just didn't get myself into this mess lol! You continue to just show your ignorance. I'm sorry that you have absolutely no compassion for other people. Your life just must be absolutely miserable. I'm not mad @ you @ all, I find you quite humorous & your lack respect for other people is rather disgusting. Nobody is cleaning up my mess, I pay taxes just like you. But why should I not get back of what my parents have paid & my grand parents? You just ignorant to what this state & america is going through. I understand tho, all the hours you work I'm sure it's hard to keep up on the news. Tell your sob story to someone who feels bad for you...oh I work to hard & don't get back enough to cover my shopping habits, haha! please....go find someone who is stupid to pick on. You're just embarassing yourself
had it up to here

AOL

#18 Jan 29, 2011
Not sure which government handout you are talking about with a 3200.00 monthy limit and still be eligible for three people in household. Can't seem to find that. I know of people who bring in under 3 grand a month with more than two kids and they don't get any subsidy. Here are the guidelines per wv dhhr for food stamps and medicaid.

SNAP Eligibility
•To qualify for SNAP, monthly income maximums depend on household size. For example, the gross monthly income for a person living alone is $1,174 as of 2010; for two people it is $1,579; and for three people it is $1,984. Households may have $2,000 in countable assets, such as a bank account, or $3,000 if at least one person is age 60 or older or is disabled. The Food and Nutrition Service states that certain resources are not counted, such as the primary residence, the resources of people who receive Supplemental Security Income, the resources of people who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and most retirement plans.

Medicaid Eligibility
•The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau for Medical Services administers the West Virginia's Medicaid program, known as Mountain Health Choices (MHC). Eligibility for MHC is complex. Monthly income maximums depend on household size. For example, the monthly maximum income for a person living alone is $707 as of 2010; for two people it is $883; and for three people it is $1,050.
thatsjustrude

United States

#19 Jan 29, 2011
I'm not in WV :) But since you know so much, how bout you look up the chip program, you know that there is different kinds of medicaid right? You also know that some forms don't cover 100% of medical costs?? It can also be used as secondary insurance. Wow! again, you show how stupid you really are. There are also programs @ Cabell that is on a sliding scale for insurance. Actually most doctors have the same program they just don't tell you. Geez, since you have so much time on your hands go get a second job & quit complaining on how broke you are :)
me too

United States

#20 Jan 29, 2011
thatsjustrude wrote:
seriously? How do you think I pay my house payment? lol! Thats just ridiculous, & I just didn't get myself into this mess lol! You continue to just show your ignorance. I'm sorry that you have absolutely no compassion for other people. Your life just must be absolutely miserable. I'm not mad @ you @ all, I find you quite humorous & your lack respect for other people is rather disgusting. Nobody is cleaning up my mess, I pay taxes just like you. But why should I not get back of what my parents have paid & my grand parents? You just ignorant to what this state & america is going through. I understand tho, all the hours you work I'm sure it's hard to keep up on the news. Tell your sob story to someone who feels bad for you...oh I work to hard & don't get back enough to cover my shopping habits, haha! please....go find someone who is stupid to pick on. You're just embarassing yourself

So we are embarrassing ourselves because we work hard and get help from no one but ourselves? That's embarrassing?

Dont get me wrong if someone was handing me free money it'd be hard not to take it. But in my opinion you look ignorant by not understanding both points of view. Maybe you are the narrow-minded one I have said multiple times I can be openmindes and understanding of your current situation.

I'm a firm believer that no child deserves to suffer due to their parents lack of finances. You seem to be missing the point... I think it's ridiculous that individuals who SIT ON THEIR ASS and use my hardworking money to do whatever they please ALSO get back a higher refund than myself.

I am an extremely giving person and don't mind helping an innocent child who can't work themselves that's understandable. But since I worked hard and helped all year would it not make more sense to give ME back the larger refund.

As for what I spend my refund on is MY business. I WORKED for it.
had it up to here

AOL

#21 Jan 29, 2011
thatsjustrude wrote:
I'm not in WV :) But since you know so much, how bout you look up the chip program, you know that there is different kinds of medicaid right? You also know that some forms don't cover 100% of medical costs?? It can also be used as secondary insurance. Wow! again, you show how stupid you really are. There are also programs @ Cabell that is on a sliding scale for insurance. Actually most doctors have the same program they just don't tell you. Geez, since you have so much time on your hands go get a second job & quit complaining on how broke you are :)
You are the one getting assistance and I am broke? I don't remember saying I was hurting for money doll, that was you. Lost your nice house in park and your acura ring a bell........? I am just sick of funding all the people who use tax payers money a shopping spree every time tax time comes around. I would rather keep more of what I EARN than for you to get a big earned income feast. I feel that you should have to give up a portion of your EIC if you resorted to assistance that tax year. A sort of incentive not to be so quick to take the handouts. Is that really a hard concept to digest? Go find a new baby daddy for your kiddos since you said that their daddy is on the oxy express and try to pick one with a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedgesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magistrate Darrell Black 56 min Ringmakers of Saturn 3
Hospitals with HIGHEST INFECTION Rates Past 3 Y... 1 hr Bert 11
Looks like I won the great tailgate debate 1 hr The Last Warrior ... 18
Guy who runs everyday on RT60 with a back pack 1 hr Bert 32
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Wotan 4,142
The Keepers 1 hr Lanny 1
Myrtle Beach 2 hr Long Shore 38

Hedgesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance