WV Concealed Carry Questions

Posted in the Hedgesville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hickory

Huntington, WV

#1 Oct 24, 2012
1. Does Pullman movie theater in downtown Huntington allow licensed concealed carry?

2. Is it legal in WV to carry concealed (licensed) in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol as long as I do not consume at all? Of course if they have a sign up disallowing it, obviously no.

Thank you in advance!
ak man

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Oct 24, 2012
I'd call your instructor to make sure.
In The Know

Huntington, WV

#3 Oct 24, 2012
Concealed carry everywhere because morons who want to shoot at innocent people don't follow the ccw laws. You may get into some heat for defending yourself with a firearm but at least you are alive to plead your case.
ak man

Staunton, VA

#4 Oct 24, 2012
I agree with above poster. If you don't protect yourself who is? The hpd lol?
larry

Pickerington, OH

#5 Oct 24, 2012
HPD does a good job, no police force is big enough to protect everyone. If it was it in itself would be the aggressor.
Use common sense people
Gunnie

Ardsley, NY

#6 Oct 24, 2012
larry wrote:
HPD does a good job, no police force is big enough to protect everyone. If it was it in itself would be the aggressor.
Use common sense people
If you think the police can help you, you are stupid. They just right up the report when it's over. They cannot be everywhere when you need them. You must protect yourself and not depend on someone else!
shoot 1st

United States

#7 Oct 24, 2012
When seconds count, it's good to know that the police are just minutes away.

Since: Oct 11

Seth, WV

#8 Oct 24, 2012
You can carry in places tha serve alcohol...at least in WV.If it is posted "no firearms", then first off, you should't give them your business. Second, you cannot get arrested for carrying. They can order you to leave. If you don't, then they can get you for trespassing.

Go to http://www.wvcdl.org/

You can find all the answers you need. I'm a member and I suggest anyone in WV who values our 2nd ammenment rights consider joining at least the website (free) or better yet, join the organization.
Gunnie

Ardsley, NY

#9 Oct 24, 2012
sempron wrote:
You can carry in places tha serve alcohol...at least in WV.If it is posted "no firearms", then first off, you should't give them your business. Second, you cannot get arrested for carrying. They can order you to leave. If you don't, then they can get you for trespassing.

Go to http://www.wvcdl.org/

You can find all the answers you need. I'm a member and I suggest anyone in WV who values our 2nd ammenment rights consider joining at least the website (free) or better yet, join the organization.
Wvcdl is not the best source for this info www.wvago.gov is.
Gunnie

Ardsley, NY

#10 Oct 24, 2012
shoot 1st wrote:
When seconds count, it's good to know that the police are just minutes away.
3-5 minutes min.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#11 Oct 24, 2012
Open carry laws for WV? Do you need a permit? Im Michigan, no permit required when open carry.
Buckeye

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 24, 2012
I know a guy that was almost robbed on top of the parking garage at Pullman. He said the guy told him to give him all his money. He pulled his pistol and the guy ran. I carry mine almost always now. Too many pillheads out there robbing
Senior Citizen

Huntington, WV

#13 Oct 24, 2012
WV is an open carry state. You only need a license to carry concealed.
larry

Pickerington, OH

#14 Oct 24, 2012
Gunnie wrote:
<quoted text>If you think the police can help you, you are stupid. They just right up the report when it's over. They cannot be everywhere when you need them. You must protect yourself and not depend on someone else!
I am a gun owner btw....lots of them

Since: Oct 11

Seth, WV

#15 Oct 24, 2012
Gunnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wvcdl is not the best source for this info www.wvago.gov is.
Very wrong. WV gun laws are VAGUE! Yes, we have 2a rights, but there are some state and local laws that are meant to confuse gun owners and give leverage to law enforcement. WVCDL does great work pointing out all of the issues that threaten our rights.

Please utilize all avenues when researching gun rights, though. It pays to do your research.
uhh

United States

#16 Oct 24, 2012
Unless they've updated it recently, the attorney general's website and gun laws pamphlet both contain incorrect information. The State Police website also had some bad info the last time I was on the site.

Anyone who owns or carries a gun in WV needs to read the actual code at it's source, found here:

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/code.cfm...

Sempron is right about the WVCDL. They do fantastic work.
gunnie

Ardsley, NY

#17 Oct 24, 2012
uhh wrote:
Unless they've updated it recently, the attorney general's website and gun laws pamphlet both contain incorrect information. The State Police website also had some bad info the last time I was on the site.

Anyone who owns or carries a gun in WV needs to read the actual code at it's source, found here:

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/code.cfm...

Sempron is right about the WVCDL. They do fantastic work.
Updated July 2012
Truth Flinger

Elkview, WV

#18 Oct 24, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
WV is an open carry state. You only need a license to carry concealed.
People need to be very careful about this. Technically W.V. is an open carry state, but I have heard of overzealous Police Officer's getting very picky about this rule.

For example, if your gun in holstered on your right side and the Police Officer is looking at you from the left side it could be argued that your gun is concealed to him.

It is good for everyone to get a concealed carry permit to be safe. It isn't expensive or difficult to get.
uhh

United States

#19 Oct 25, 2012
gunnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Updated July 2012
Thanks. Just read it, and it still has incorrect info about where you aren't allowed to carry.
Gunnie

Ardsley, NY

#20 Oct 25, 2012
uhh wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. Just read it, and it still has incorrect info about where you aren't allowed to carry.
I don't think the attorney generals office is wrong the law section is on the site law is grey sometimes but not wrong. What's wrong on attorney generals site???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedgesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti Trump protester looks like she broke out o... 9 min Sidearm 27
Today's Special 18 min Sandy 2
America Held Hostage Day 5 19 min miner49er 9
My Daughter On TV During Inauguration 19 min Prom Mom 1
Trump's Daughter 30 min bam 11
HPD Continuing Crimnal Enterprise 59 min miner49er 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Well 3,986

Hedgesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance