why people won't go to church

why people won't go to church

Posted in the Hedgesville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CHRISTIAN

Oakvale, WV

#1 Feb 10, 2013
why can people still for 2 hours at a theatre to see a movie and 3 hours at a football game but can't get up on Sunday morning and sit for an hour and a half at church. The rapture is a real thing that could happen any minute now and it will be too late for people to run to church. It will be too late and there is nothing you can do.
Christiamn too

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Feb 10, 2013
CHRISTIAN wrote:
why can people still for 2 hours at a theatre to see a movie and 3 hours at a football game but can't get up on Sunday morning and sit for an hour and a half at church. The rapture is a real thing that could happen any minute now and it will be too late for people to run to church. It will be too late and there is nothing you can do.
Because they see and hear the same people at the movies and at the footgame as they would in church on Sunday.
Murphy

Huntington, WV

#3 Feb 10, 2013
I don't want lied to and touched
motellun

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Feb 10, 2013
I attend church with my wife and son but I will tell you this. Christianity or whatever religion you practice happens outside of the church doors. I've seen sooo many people greet and hug you when they're in the church but won't speak to you if they see you out at a dinner or grocery store. So yeah my family doesn't sit in church much. Does that make us any different from the people that do. NO IT DOES NOT its how you help your neighbor friend family. Respecting the Ten Commandments so don't tell me it's too late if I don't get there by the time church is over
Will

Lyndora, PA

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Murphy wrote:
I don't want lied to and touched
. The only person lying to you is yourself. Why does touching bother you ? Do you not ever shake people's hands.
fake

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Most ppl at church are fake. God lives in your heart not church. Just extra drama and trouble I don't need in my life.
ohio boy

Madison, OH

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Why would i waste my time going to church on sunday. I work twelve hour days six days a week. God will have to wait. LOL.
Will

New Kensington, PA

#8 Feb 10, 2013
fake wrote:
Most ppl at church are fake. God lives in your heart not church. Just extra drama and trouble I don't need in my life.
. How can you have God in your heart and feel that church is drama and trouble. A lot of people feel that will get to heaven by just being a good person. Have you visited other churches to find one that you enjoy going to ? I not trying to slam or bad mouth you, I just hope that you find a church that has what you are looking for.
Will

New Kensington, PA

#9 Feb 10, 2013
ohio boy wrote:
Why would i waste my time going to church on sunday. I work twelve hour days six days a week. God will have to wait. LOL.
. Have you ever thought it is the will of God that allows you to have a job and you should go to church to show your thanks. If your working 72 hour weeks, you should be upset with your employer, not God.
what

Charleston, WV

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Because going to Church every week isn't necessary to be saved.

God doesn't take attendance.
koon

Budapest, Hungary

#11 Feb 10, 2013
CHRISTIAN wrote:
but can't get up on Sunday morning and sit for an hour and a half at church.
look what happened to the altar boys when the went to church on sunday. they ended up having to sit on a priests lap for an hour and a half and got raped.
Nosey

Hurricane, WV

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Well Jesus walked onto the "church" and overturned the tables, because they were using the church for profit, not teaching. Jesus spoke in the streets and on mountain tops. Churches ae as bad today as they were 2000 years ago, if not worse! As long as you believe in your heart, confess with your mouth and ask Jesus to take your sins away and to come into your heart, then you are saved according to the bible. You dont need a priest or pastor for that. All you need is a bible and alone time in prayer. You can pay your tithes to people and charities who actually need it, not to a church so they can build an indoor exercise room. People are starving and homeless that need help in any town. Just because people dont go to church doesnt mean they arent saved and are bound to hell. Judge lest ye be judged!
AlterBoy

Lewisburg, WV

#13 Feb 10, 2013
I like it when they touch me in my bathing suit places. I never miss!
motellun

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Nosey wrote:
Well Jesus walked onto the "church" and overturned the tables, because they were using the church for profit, not teaching. Jesus spoke in the streets and on mountain tops. Churches ae as bad today as they were 2000 years ago, if not worse! As long as you believe in your heart, confess with your mouth and ask Jesus to take your sins away and to come into your heart, then you are saved according to the bible. You dont need a priest or pastor for that. All you need is a bible and alone time in prayer. You can pay your tithes to people and charities who actually need it, not to a church so they can build an indoor exercise room. People are starving and homeless that need help in any town. Just because people dont go to church doesnt mean they arent saved and are bound to hell. Judge lest ye be judged!
Amen. So very true.
Because

Huntington, WV

#15 Feb 11, 2013
Jesus didn't want us to go to church, but rather live life in a godly fashion
BibleBlah

Huntington, WV

#16 Feb 11, 2013
People do not go to church because more and mire people are giving up the belief. This isn't me just typing on topix. Read it for yourself on CNN. It's all a myth with no evidence to back up the stories. Scientists and other educated people are proving the bible to be fake more and more everyday. Read some articles on CNN if you don't believe it. Who are you going to believe... Scientists with the knowledge and means of explanation, or some people who can't prove anything about the bible and Christianity being real? Face it, it's all fake and can't be proven. There are billboards with pictures of Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, Satan and Jesus, captioned: "See anything in common? Have you ever seen these myths?" Fact is, it's just something we were told. Much like the famous tactic of telling your children to be good for Santa because he knows when your naughty or nice. People just need something to believe in to feel comfortable. It's stupid to believe in fake stuff, so give it up. Want more people to believe and go to church? Prove that God exists with real evidence because your explanation of faith is getting old. I'm almost positive that when you see and talk to things that aren't there, it means you have a mental illness so you may want to get a mental screening done. As far as I'm concerned, it's all bogus.
come on man

Lansing, WV

#17 Feb 11, 2013
to BibleBlah...what if you are wrong? Maybe you should try to talk to God rather than the Easster Bunny.
BibleBlah

Huntington, WV

#18 Feb 11, 2013
come on man wrote:
to BibleBlah...what if you are wrong? Maybe you should try to talk to God rather than the Easster Bunny.
Maybe you should read the post again. I do not believe in myths, nor do I have mental problems. Therefore, I'm not talking to something that is not real. I never said I did, please take your assumptions elsewhere. I'm not arguing over this stupidity. I said my peace and that's all I'm going to do. You can research it for yourself. It will save me the time of repeating myself to hard headed bible thumpers.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19 Feb 11, 2013
I think the main reason you're seeing less people in church is simply because less people are religious these days. The last major poll had 19% of the US population identifying themselves in the "Religion: None" column. The US is finally following the trend of Western Europe in the decline of religion.
Explanation

Hurricane, WV

#20 Feb 11, 2013
You say you believe in science? Energy exists in all things and can't be destroyed. It has no beginning or an end. It just exists. People from the beginning of time have believed there was a God, a creator that exists in all things, that has no end. Who's to say God isn't the energy that exists in all things? No matter what religion, there is a God. The one God, the creator. Man invented religions, but God created everything else in my opinion. Science can't prove that wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedgesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
westmoreland accident (Aug '12) 6 min Brad 3
Hahaha... turns out it wasn't the Russians 11 min MarkJ- 103
Doctor 27 min X ray 4
Baltimore Street drugs 1 hr Kneeger alert 632
Political logs hurt campaign 1 hr Flatulator 2
Obama affects global warming with spewing of CO2 1 hr choke 1
JOSH ENYART back in town STEALING and using HEROIN 1 hr Josh 4

Hedgesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hedgesville Mortgages