Huntington School of Beauty Culture.....

Huntington School of Beauty Culture...Info Please

Posted in the Hedgesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CURIOUS CURLS

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Feb 16, 2013
I was wondering what the school is like, instructor to student ratio, do you learn only standard cuts and color or do you learn cutting edge style? Learning environment, instructor helpfulness etc...is school ran well, is financial aid available? Any info is appreciated.

“I'm a wonderer”

Since: Jan 13

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2013
CURIOUS CURLS wrote:
I was wondering what the school is like, instructor to student ratio, do you learn only standard cuts and color or do you learn cutting edge style? Learning environment, instructor helpfulness etc...is school ran well, is financial aid available? Any info is appreciated.
Try their web site, instead of getting on Topix. It's more reliable.
http://www.huntingtonschoolofbeauty.com/
CURIOUS CURLS

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Feb 16, 2013
I have been to the website,but I want feedback from people who are attending, or have attended....it gives much better feedback and insight than all the sugar coated stuff you will find on a self promoted website.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 16, 2013
go in and have a procedure done, talk to some of the students and see what they say
Pathetic Career

Richmond, VA

#5 Feb 17, 2013
It's a "school" where people who are not smart enough to go to real college go to rack up $10,000 in depth so they can make minimum wage and still qualify for government assistance after they waste a year there.
CURIOUS CURLS

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Pathetic Career wrote:
It's a "school" where people who are not smart enough to go to real college go to rack up $10,000 in depth so they can make minimum wage and still qualify for government assistance after they waste a year there.
Well, I dont wanna attend the college you did, especially if they taught you about going, " in depth". PRETTY BAD when a dumb ole gal without a college education corrects someone so scholarly.Please.... Something worth reading about the school...
PatheticCareer

Richmond, VA

#7 Feb 17, 2013
CURIOUS CURLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I dont wanna attend the college you did, especially if they taught you about going, " in depth". PRETTY BAD when a dumb ole gal without a college education corrects someone so scholarly.Please.... Something worth reading about the school...
That way clearly a typo. However, the above quoted text indicates you are in no position to correct anyone's English. I'm glad you are at least attempting to use punctuation, but using it incorrectly is just as bad as not using it at all. Since there are no writing assignments in beauty school, you should do just fine.
Erica

Hurricane, WV

#8 Feb 17, 2013
To Curious Curls; I did not attend the Huntington Beauty School, but have 2 friends that did. Their experiences there were different. One went just for the nail tech courses, not the hair. The other went for both.
I believe it is like anything one decides to do. You get out of it what you put into it. The friend who took the nail classes only did well, did not really have any bad experiences. She paid for it herself,(do not know what the cost was), then got a job after she completed the courses. I believe she had to work a certain number of hours in the school on actual customers in order to graduate. She made decent money after she was finished. This was a second job for her, as she already had a full-time job, along with a family. So, she was able to take the courses, study for them, work full-time, and do things for her children and husband at the same time. I think it was a year or 10 months, not sure. This was several years ago.
The other friend, like I said, took the nail, cosmetology, and hair courses. Her courses obviuosly took longer, I believe like a year and a half or so. However, she had some personal problems while attending, so she had to end up making up classes for some she missed. She said there was a lot of "drama" there. She was much younger than my other friend, so maybe she just paid more attention to those types of things. I know she had to work at the school as well for a certain number of hours. They were pretty flexible with hours I believe. I know it is a pretty laid back atmosphere. There are people from many "walks of life" who attend. This friend got financial aid to attend, but I do not know those details. She was able to secure a job after she finished, and made okay money. I guess one has to gain experience first and make a name for yourself before you start doing really well. That stands to reason, especially in a town the size of Huntington.
Good luck with your endeavors! Sorry I don't know a lot of details.
1 post removed
PatheticCareer

Richmond, VA

#10 Feb 17, 2013
CURIOUS CURLS wrote:
Perhaps you should proofread then. I am pretty sure they teach that in grade school. I am sorry though that you feel so bad about yourself that you feel the need to put others down in order to make yourself feel more intelligent and better than others. It must be miserable to be you, and what you feel inside. I bet you hate pretty girls if you are a woman, and if you are a man, well we can all see you are just the type who runs others down so your douche bottle seems bigger than everyone elses. Bye bye insecure little person....
I love the "you must be miserable with yourself if you are picking on me" reasoning. That is something mothers of ugly kids tell their children to make them feel better. My intelligence, self worth and mood are not affected at all by your being stupid. Truthfully, it angers me that people as dumb as yourself are allowed to be walking freely in society.
lame

Logan, WV

#11 Feb 17, 2013
PatheticCareer wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the "you must be miserable with yourself if you are picking on me" reasoning. That is something mothers of ugly kids tell their children to make them feel better. My intelligence, self worth and mood are not affected at all by your being stupid. Truthfully, it angers me that people as dumb as yourself are allowed to be walking freely in society.
You must lead a very boring life to have to come to topix and bully people.
PatheticCareer

Richmond, VA

#12 Feb 17, 2013
lame wrote:
<quoted text>
You must lead a very boring life to have to come to topix and bully people.
Telling it like it is is not bullying.
lame

Logan, WV

#13 Feb 17, 2013
PatheticCareer wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling it like it is is not bullying.
Gotta disagree with that. You must live a very boring life.

Anyway, I know 2 people who had great jobs at the hospital, making a lot of money and quit to pursue what they really wanted to do; which is hairdressing. So, your lame statement about people going to beauty school "because they can't afford college" is way off. Some people do it because they WANT to do it. Ever heard the statement "get a job you like and you'll never have to work a day in your life"? They do it because they enjoy it.
wvgirl

Chapmanville, WV

#14 Feb 17, 2013
I knw a few ppl tht go there n i heard its ok but like evrywhere else theres drama but if u stay away frm it as much as u can it should b alrite i thought ab going there myself
Brutal honesty

Richmond, VA

#15 Feb 17, 2013
As for pathetic career, you should know this above babble is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Most cosmetology students, as well as licensed have more talent in their pinky finger than any doctor or lawyer you've ever met.
My advice to everyone is to do what makes you happy. Don't let anyone stand in your way , especially people as low as this.
Curious curls Beauty school is a lot of fun, but it also comes with a lot of studying. It's supposed to be hard or it wouldn't be worth it. The faculty is a great group of people who truly love their jobs and enjoy being there for their students. In the end if the study of cosmetology inspires you, you should give it a rry.
PatheticCareer

Richmond, VA

#16 Feb 17, 2013
lame wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta disagree with that. You must live a very boring life.
Anyway, I know 2 people who had great jobs at the hospital, making a lot of money and quit to pursue what they really wanted to do; which is hairdressing. So, your lame statement about people going to beauty school "because they can't afford college" is way off. Some people do it because they WANT to do it. Ever heard the statement "get a job you like and you'll never have to work a day in your life"? They do it because they enjoy it.
You cannot disagree with a fact, genius. Being brutally honest is not bullying. My life is great and part of the reason is because I have a great job that I love because it is challenging. I get to put the education I worked so hard for to use every day.
If you really do know people who gave up good paying, secure jobs to pursue the low paying world of hair dressing, then you keep company with some very stupid people which I'm sure makes you feel right at home. However, I am sure you are falsifying this to fake some credibility. Hair dressers in this area do not make squat. In bigger cities that have a wealthier clientele they can make a decent living, but not in this poverty striken area.
PatheticCareer

Richmond, VA

#17 Feb 17, 2013
Brutal honesty wrote:
As for pathetic career, you should know this above babble is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Most cosmetology students, as well as licensed have more talent in their pinky finger than any doctor or lawyer you've ever met.
My advice to everyone is to do what makes you happy. Don't let anyone stand in your way , especially people as low as this.
Curious curls Beauty school is a lot of fun, but it also comes with a lot of studying. It's supposed to be hard or it wouldn't be worth it. The faculty is a great group of people who truly love their jobs and enjoy being there for their students. In the end if the study of cosmetology inspires you, you should give it a rry.
Awww, did someone get all butt hurt that I pointed out their job and "schooling" (and I use that term very loosely) are worthless? The talent you claim wannabe beauticians have is not even comparable to the talent of doctors and lawyers. A professional that spends 7-8 years in school to prepare for their career is a lot more impressive than you being able to use a pair of scissors. It's pretty funny that you tried to put people who play with hair all day on the same level as someone that saves lives. It's also funny you think I'm standing in anyone's way on the long, treacherous path to beauty school by stating the cold hard fact that it's not a career that offers financial stability. If the aspiring hairdresser is ok with living in poverty, then she should go for it.
Huh

Logan, WV

#18 Feb 17, 2013
PatheticCareer wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot disagree with a fact, genius. Being brutally honest is not bullying. My life is great and part of the reason is because I have a great job that I love because it is challenging. I get to put the education I worked so hard for to use every day.
If you really do know people who gave up good paying, secure jobs to pursue the low paying world of hair dressing, then you keep company with some very stupid people which I'm sure makes you feel right at home. However, I am sure you are falsifying this to fake some credibility. Hair dressers in this area do not make squat. In bigger cities that have a wealthier clientele they can make a decent living, but not in this poverty striken area.
Hey, genius, I was disagreeing with your statement about bullying. By definition, bullying is "verbally harassing" someone. Which you're doing. Only you're sitting behind a computer screen doing it. So, are you saying its okay for children in school to call other kids "ugly" or to pick on them because they may be different? Heck, they are just being "brutally honest", right? If a kid is ugly then it os okay o call them that! Right?

As for the people I know who gave up their jobs for beauty school, it's a very true story. Also, I am not friends with them, just know them because I went to school with them and grew up with them. Even if they were my friends, that wouldn't make me, or them, stupid. They are educated women. Both college graduates, one with a masters. Working at a job that you love and have a passion for is not stupid. If that's what makes them happy, so what?! Maybe being happy means more than making more money.

Not sure why you need to get on websites, like Topix, and feel the need to degrade others. If your child gets picked on at school, maybe even over something so silly as someone not liking his/her outfit, just remember what you said- "Being brutally honest isn't bullying." After all, that other child thought your kids outfit was stupid and ugly so, he isn't bullying your child. He's just being honest!

Hope you don't teach your children, or anyone else's child, that that type of behavior is okay.
PatheticCareer

Richmond, VA

#19 Feb 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, genius, I was disagreeing with your statement about bullying. By definition, bullying is "verbally harassing" someone. Which you're doing. Only you're sitting behind a computer screen doing it. So, are you saying its okay for children in school to call other kids "ugly" or to pick on them because they may be different? Heck, they are just being "brutally honest", right? If a kid is ugly then it os okay o call them that! Right?
As for the people I know who gave up their jobs for beauty school, it's a very true story. Also, I am not friends with them, just know them because I went to school with them and grew up with them. Even if they were my friends, that wouldn't make me, or them, stupid. They are educated women. Both college graduates, one with a masters. Working at a job that you love and have a passion for is not stupid. If that's what makes them happy, so what?! Maybe being happy means more than making more money.
Not sure why you need to get on websites, like Topix, and feel the need to degrade others. If your child gets picked on at school, maybe even over something so silly as someone not liking his/her outfit, just remember what you said- "Being brutally honest isn't bullying." After all, that other child thought your kids outfit was stupid and ugly so, he isn't bullying your child. He's just being honest!
Hope you don't teach your children, or anyone else's child, that that type of behavior is okay.
I am not verbally harassing anyone you stupid bitch. I am stating facts and because you don't like them you're going cry bullying. I have not singled anyone out to pick on. Not to mention, this is the internet. No one is forced to be here. They can sign off any time they want and if someone is going to cry over someone is being mean to them, that would probably be the best idea. You are misconstruing my words by insinuating I think it's ok for children to pick on one another. My statements about grown adults being idiots is in no way comparable to a child being hurt at school. Children are still developing and can have a very hard time recovering from that trauma. The adults that I am speaking about are grown and can quit reading Topix if my observations upset them.
Your imaginary friends sure do get more impressive and more accomplished as you go. I will stand by my word that anyone who spends four years in college, goes to grad school and works a job they spent a lot of time and effort to obtain just to quit and goes back to school to play with hair is very stupid.
And I do not "need" to get on Topix. I stop by every so often to see what ridiculous bullshit is going on and am usually so disgusted by the pure stupidity that I have to say something. You have set a record tonight for stupidest thing I have heard by saying "I disagree" to proven facts. Comparing a child being bullied with adults who are acting like idiots being called out on being an idiot is a real close second. I thought I'd already seen all the stupid in the world, but you have shown me its still out there.
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>. U GO WVGIRL!!!
Huh

Logan, WV

#20 Feb 18, 2013
PatheticCareer wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not verbally harassing anyone you stupid bitch. I am stating facts and because you don't like them you're going cry bullying. I have not singled anyone out to pick on. Not to mention, this is the internet. No one is forced to be here. They can sign off any time they want and if someone is going to cry over someone is being mean to them, that would probably be the best idea. You are misconstruing my words by insinuating I think it's ok for children to pick on one another. My statements about grown adults being idiots is in no way comparable to a child being hurt at school. Children are still developing and can have a very hard time recovering from that trauma. The adults that I am speaking about are grown and can quit reading Topix if my observations upset them.
Your imaginary friends sure do get more impressive and more accomplished as you go. I will stand by my word that anyone who spends four years in college, goes to grad school and works a job they spent a lot of time and effort to obtain just to quit and goes back to school to play with hair is very stupid.
And I do not "need" to get on Topix. I stop by every so often to see what ridiculous bullshit is going on and am usually so disgusted by the pure stupidity that I have to say something. You have set a record tonight for stupidest thing I have heard by saying "I disagree" to proven facts. Comparing a child being bullied with adults who are acting like idiots being called out on being an idiot is a real close second. I thought I'd already seen all the stupid in the world, but you have shown me its still out there.<quoted text>
If you cared so much, which it seems you do, it wouldn't be hard to figure out these two ladies names. One just recently graduated from the beauty school. Go for it so you can eat your words.

Bullying is bullying. No matter if you do it in person or over the Internet. So, since you disagree so much about being compared to children, I will compare it to adults. Is it okay to call an adult "ugly" and pick on them? Do you walk around telling everyone exactly how you feel about them? When your coworker came into work yesterday, did you call them "fat" and tell them how gross they look? Do you not think that such things would hurt an adults feelings, too? Just because a person may be older doesn't mean it still wouldn't hurt when someone is "brutally honest" with them.

Yes, there is a lot of stupidity on here, most of it is BS (trolling) and people just trying to be funny or start rumors about other people. Which then would be fine to post your nonsense, but this post is a sincere post about someone genuinely wanting info on something they're interested in. Then you come on here and try to make them feel bad about it.

You seem like a very hostile person. If you are "brutally honest" with everyone in your life (not just behind your computer screen) then I feel sorry for those around you.
LOL

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Feb 18, 2013
What other job can you have the freedom of making your own hours?
We hang out with our clients and share in many diverse conversations. And when we spin you around, you look amazing!
It's an awesome career. I make much more than minimum wage and I love what I do. So, if you like being artistic, enjoy quality conversation, and don't wish to do mundane things all day, you should definitely consider beauty school.
Follow your dreams!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedgesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hailey BreAnna Sue Holley 31 min OMGpuke 5
Gdotte girls 32 min Who is the worst 1
Bryan Smith/Brian Smith 41 min JustSayN 7
Tri state pawn downtown 1 hr Done here 12
East end break-ins 1 hr Crackheads 59
Bring segregation back to America! 1 hr EdwardWayneWaling... 12
amp vs tumble world (Mar '14) 1 hr Hummm 14

Hedgesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance