Honoring the 58,000 on Veterans Day |...

Honoring the 58,000 on Veterans Day | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 26 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 11, 2010, titled Honoring the 58,000 on Veterans Day | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Gracie Kirk, 6, of Hebron, makes a chalk rubbing of the name of a family friend on the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Proud American

United States

#1 Nov 11, 2010
To all the vets out there, no matter where or when you served, THANK YOU for giving us our freedoms that we take for granted everyday. We owe you more than words can say.
Topper

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 11, 2010
In the "old days" we all stopped for a moment at 11:00am to remember the veterans..
.....[the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month].....

Now it's just a "Special Sales" day and the parades are held on the Friday before so the government workers don't have to come downtown on their own time [God Forbid]......
Kill White Babies

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Nov 11, 2010
On this all important day in our great country, I have two things to say:

Thank you Veterans for your selfless service to our country.

Where is our teleprompter-in-chief?
Sadly

Mcdonough, GA

#4 Nov 11, 2010
Kill White Babies wrote:
He and the Hijab Fashionista are continuing their Apologize & Bow World Tour.
Muslim Apology Tour

Saint Joe, IN

#5 Nov 11, 2010
Kill White Babies wrote:
I'm working
peaceisareality

Somerset, KY

#6 Nov 11, 2010
Richard Cheney-5 deferments "had better things to do" Smirky Bush-AWol from the champaign squadron tx natl guard-trained on obsolete jets. And they are still making our lives miserable. Thanks veterans in spite of two aforementioned criminals.
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Nov 11, 2010
peaceisareality wrote:
Richard Cheney-5 deferments "had better things to do" Smirky Bush-AWol from the champaign squadron tx natl guard-trained on obsolete jets. And they are still making our lives miserable. Thanks veterans in spite of two aforementioned criminals.
Good call,despite the Dummy Ignoid judgements from Dolts that can't brook any criticism of their Repukian Gangster Princes.Their crimes far exceed those of The Democraps.
As a 60% Priority One USN Vet,let me lay it down right now...
The Evil Cheney is too long overdue for The Guillotine
AND his Trained Monkey Boy #43 should hold The Basket
AND get mop duty.
Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied.
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#8 Nov 11, 2010
****= M o nk e y,
you goddam PC pieces of shyte censor dingleberries.
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 11, 2010
She stood back and looked at all of those other names, too. "It's overwhelming," said Halloway, of Pickerington.

I have been to the full-sized wall in D.C. a few times. It IS overwhelming to see all of these names. However, and this in no way diminishes the service and sacrifice of these veterans, if we were to put up a wall of those who lost their lives in WWII, the wall would be about 7 times as big as the Vietnam Wall. If we did one for the Civil War, it would be about 11 as large. Not to mention those who gave their lives in Korea, WWI, and the conflicts of the last 25 years.

This should make people think long and hard the next time our leaders want our young people to be put in harm's way. Will the cause be worth the sacrifice? If it is not, then we should stay out of the conflict. Like we should have in Iraq.
Concerned Citizen

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Nov 11, 2010
A question for somebody who has been to the wall in Pickerington: Do they have the list available to help visitors find their friends whose names are on the wall? With the lines, it seems that it would slow everybody down to just randomly read through all the names.
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 Nov 11, 2010
Thanks to all the negative Judgement Stupitrons for confirming what I already know about you,and your sweaty,smelly delusions.
ReallyNow

New York, NY

#12 Nov 11, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
A question for somebody who has been to the wall in Pickerington: Do they have the list available to help visitors find their friends whose names are on the wall? With the lines, it seems that it would slow everybody down to just randomly read through all the names.
Yes, they have a Information Center in front of the wall.
ReallyNow

New York, NY

#13 Nov 11, 2010
Sterling Silver wrote:
This should make people think long and hard the next time our leaders want our young people to be put in harm's way. Will the cause be worth the sacrifice? If it is not, then we should stay out of the conflict. Like we should have in Iraq.
There are hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that disagree with you.

If people like you were listened to every time they opened their mouths, we would still be part of the British Empire, or more likely the Das Dritte Reich.
All or nothing

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 11, 2010
ReallyNow wrote:
<quoted text>
If people like you were listened to every time they opened their mouths, we would still be part of the British Empire, or more likely the Das Dritte Reich.
Of course you're right, but you're wasting your time 'there'; it won't even make a dent.

peaceisareality

Somerset, KY

#15 Nov 11, 2010
ReallyNow wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are ok with being lied to? Did you have someone close, die for this lie? you are pathetic. you are the domestic terrist' spew your exceptionalism. pox on you.
Jim

West Jefferson, OH

#16 Nov 11, 2010
May GOD bless America and hold our Vets in a special place. We are a country built in his honor and princibles.
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

#17 Nov 11, 2010
ReallyNow wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true brain-dead war-monger. I don't give a DAMN about the Iraqis, they didn't ask us to come and topple their leader, we just did it, and thousands of our service people gave their lives. Even if we should have been there, once Sadddam was taken into custody, we should have packed up and left right then. Let Iraq settle their own problems.
VietVet69-70

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 11, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Yes, there is a directory that will tell you the secton of wall to go to find a specific name. Thanks for caring.
SML

Delaware, OH

#19 Nov 11, 2010
I took my young sons to see the wall this evening. I got choked up pointing out a red rose leaned up against one of the panels.
Guy Average

Columbus, OH

#22 Nov 11, 2010
If we let our country be lost to enemies form within or from elsewhere then we dishonor the memory of all veterans.

All game some. Some gave all.

Never forget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Powell man guilty of income-tax fraud | The Col... (Jan '10) Jun '16 Morris 33
Didn't go far (Dec '15) Apr '16 Eyeroll 3
boohbooh Apr '16 booh__bear 1
News Incumbent Fairfield County prosecutor heading f... Mar '16 They cannot kill ... 1
News Trump rally violence offers Kasich fresh chance... Mar '16 Vote For Trump 7
News Rowdy muscle-car event in Heath strains police (Aug '09) Feb '16 fyi fr 14
News Mopar Super Cruise crowds more orderly (Aug '10) Feb '16 fyi fr 3

Hebron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hebron Mortgages