Teacher Accused Of Sexual Online Inte...

Teacher Accused Of Sexual Online Interaction With Student

There are 26 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Teacher Accused Of Sexual Online Interaction With Student. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

A teacher at a Hebron high school has been accused of having inappropriate, sexually related interactions with a student online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RHAM

Hampton, CT

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Free B-MO
One of the good guys

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2008
at 25 sat goodbye to your teaching career. Was she worth it????
Crypt Keeper

Meriden, CT

#3 Sep 23, 2008
What a pervert!!!! Dont these people ever learn? They are playing with fire when they engage in sexual conversations with teens. He has to be a complete idiot!!!!!
Tammy

Manchester, CT

#4 Sep 23, 2008
He has to be an idiot, but I am sure she isn't innocent here either. That's the problems witht hese young girls they get up online post these really raunchy pics of themselves lie about there ages and teh men are only to blame. That might not be the case here but parents need to moniter there kids online privleges a little more. I have a 13 year old daughter and myself and my ex and her uncle all moniter her myspace page. She abuses it she loses it. I even read her Aim messages cause they get saved now.
Tammy

Manchester, CT

#5 Sep 23, 2008
Sorry for the typos doing this fast at work. These * the *
triumph110

Madison, WI

#6 Sep 23, 2008
This is happening all over the country. Go to www.schoolteachernews.com and click on the Scandal page. They have documented over 350 of these types of incidents since just the beginning of 2008.
RHAM

Hebron, CT

#7 Sep 23, 2008
He's not the only one to blame.

“ONE OF THE JOES”

Since: Jul 08

Hartford CT

#9 Sep 23, 2008
I too believe that the girl is partly to blame but he should have known better. With out all the facts it is hard to say but could she have started it and got mad because he stopped? Either way he should have never started. He will lose his job and his licences to teach.
RHAM

Marlborough, CT

#10 Sep 23, 2008
FREE B-MO
oh you know

Tolland, CT

#11 Sep 23, 2008
freeee b-mo
uconn

United States

#12 Sep 23, 2008
don't free b-mo. he should pay for his temptations. hopes he learns his lesson and finds a new career
mom

Portland, CT

#13 Sep 24, 2008
She is not to blame - she is the child - he is the student - what more is there to say.

Since: Sep 08

Manchester, CT

#14 Sep 24, 2008
Joe from Hartford wrote:
I too believe that the girl is partly to blame but he should have known better. With out all the facts it is hard to say but could she have started it and got mad because he stopped? Either way he should have never started. He will lose his job and his licences to teach.
You are dead wrong on this. The adult is to blame, he should have been responsible enough to control himself. He deserves anything that he gets!
makes me laugh

Willimantic, CT

#15 Sep 24, 2008
I'm not condoning what he did,but she is partly to blame.She didnt have to interact with him,and keep the conversation going.She should have stopped it ASAP!!Why let it go on for so long, then all of a sudden bring it forth to the athuorities?Questions need to be asked...
Did she have a crush on this teacher?
Did he make her feel special in class?
Either way it should never have happened....
One of the good guys

United States

#16 Sep 24, 2008
As a teacher, just like anyone in a profession of influence (police, clergy, etc) you're expected by law not to partake. That trust is not to be violated. Besides even if she flirted with him he should've taken the high road. Just because a young girl has a crush does not give an older guy (or authority figure) the "green light." He should've taken a second and thought with the head on his shoulders first.
mom

Portland, CT

#17 Sep 24, 2008
And what was he doing in a chatroom anyway - when you are a teacher you are expected to live under a higher standard.
Andrew

Hampton, CT

#18 Sep 24, 2008
As a student at RHAM, I honestly have to say that Moore's actions are dispicable and he deserves to be punished for it.
Alphonso from New Britain

Killingworth, CT

#19 Sep 24, 2008
Sex, sex, sex! That is all anyone born after 1980 ever talks and thinks about! The younger generation has no self-control, modesty or sense of decorum!

Those of us who are not perverts must stand fast against these wayward deviants.
and what

New Canaan, CT

#20 Sep 24, 2008
ps..my child is a student at RHAM and the kids are all saying the teen got mad at the teacher because he wouldn't break up with his girlfriend.
arhamstudent

Ellington, CT

#21 Sep 24, 2008
That girl was partly to blame no matter what anyone says. You should see the way she dresses. She obviously traded her contact information with him. She lead him on. She's an idiot. He didn't do the right thing but Mr. Moore wasn't a bad teacher he just has an issue with the lines and what not when teaching.
Also its been happening since like two years ago. what changed in those two years that made her come forth now? The principals arent really giving the facts out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Andover Elementary School Principal Charged Wit... (May '08) Sep 23 camo1968 47
Colchester Music Thread (Nov '16) Sep 19 Musikologist 2
meet rich men (Apr '17) Apr '17 Layne 1
Discussion title (Jan '16) Jan '16 DougiveaRatsazz 1
News Want change? Start walking. (Jun '10) Jan '16 Phil 23
SWEETFROG teams up with Making Strides (Sep '15) Sep '15 Makingstrides 1
making strides against breast cancer teams up w... (Sep '15) Sep '15 MakingStrides 1

Hebron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hebron Mortgages