Troopers Investigate Report Of Girl P...

Troopers Investigate Report Of Girl Picked Up By Stranger

There are 19 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from May 16, 2008, titled Troopers Investigate Report Of Girl Picked Up By Stranger. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

State police are investigating what they describe as a suspicious incident involving a 5-year-old Hebron girl who got into a stranger's car and was driven to another part of town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

Rosco

East Hartford, CT

#1 May 16, 2008
Stranger danger.
Are you kidding me

Newington, CT

#2 May 16, 2008
If the parents had been watching her this probably would have never happened. She is 5 years old and should not have been playing outside unsupervised.
Rosco

East Hartford, CT

#3 May 16, 2008
Sign of the times and shows how pathetic and morally corrupt our society has become.
Hanna

Naugatuck, CT

#4 May 16, 2008
What is going on? Where were the parents? Give me a break. Does anyone still teach children "NO TALKING TO STRANGERS" "DO NOT GET INTO ANYONE'S CAR YOU DO NOT KNOW" Scary, really scary
Rosco

East Hartford, CT

#5 May 16, 2008
Parents should be charged with risk of injury
sue t

United States

#6 May 16, 2008
where are the parents????
Rosco

East Hartford, CT

#7 May 16, 2008
sue t wrote:
where are the parents????
Good question
Jack

Bristol, CT

#8 May 16, 2008
The parents are probably at work...
angel wings

Harrisburg, PA

#9 May 16, 2008
PLEASE PEOPLE THIS COULD HApPENed TO ANYones CHILD do you not have any thing better to do then judge the parents were talking about a 5 year old girl playing in her yard.
What

Hebron, CT

#10 May 16, 2008
She was being supervised! Matter of fact by several people! You know what they say about people that assume!! Don't believe everything you read!
angel wings

Harrisburg, PA

#11 May 16, 2008
Rosco wrote:
Stranger danger.
sounds like your the stranger
sue t

United States

#12 May 16, 2008
Jack wrote:
The parents are probably at work...
so what is the 5 yr old watching herself ????really????
Marlborough

AOL

#13 May 16, 2008
Nobody has anything to say about the "Freak" who apparently did this?
I say we hang him by his balls in his front yard!
Thank you

Newington, CT

#14 May 16, 2008
angel wings wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like your the stranger
Actually if you read Roscoes posts, he is very supportive of victims rights and law enforcement. He often makes valid and non offenses to remarks regarding the general breakdown in our society and communities. I can usually count on him to give non-offender supportive or oriented comments. My guess is he has worked in the system as he has a realistic way of understanding how criminals are ruining things for all of us.
angel wings

Harrisburg, PA

#15 May 16, 2008
my guess is he needs to think about the family's feelings not just trying to make a joke cause "stranger danger" isn't to funny when were talking about a child specialy coming from "THE SO CALLED LAW ENFORCEMENT" MAYBE LOOK FOR SOME ONE ELSE TO COUNT ON!
NO MORE

United States

#16 May 17, 2008
angel wings wrote:
my guess is he needs to think about the family's feelings not just trying to make a joke cause "stranger danger" isn't to funny when were talking about a child specialy coming from "THE SO CALLED LAW ENFORCEMENT" MAYBE LOOK FOR SOME ONE ELSE TO COUNT ON!
"Stranger danger" is actually a catchy rhyming phrase that is easy for adults and children to remember.It is important to not make assumptions about things w/o asking for clarification. You may be correct however when people take their own feelings and make that a fact, the wrong people can be blamed and lives ruined. I'm just saying its important to not make assumptions. Thats really dangerous(and makes a person look uneducated).
Marlborough

AOL

#17 May 17, 2008
NO MORE wrote:
<quoted text>
"Stranger danger" is actually a catchy rhyming phrase that is easy for adults and children to remember.It is important to not make assumptions about things w/o asking for clarification. You may be correct however when people take their own feelings and make that a fact, the wrong people can be blamed and lives ruined. I'm just saying its important to not make assumptions. Thats really dangerous(and makes a person look uneducated).
You're right....It seems there has been alot of assumptions from people. And unless they are in the situation maybe they shouldn't be so judgemental. Being a parent of three myself you can't watch your children every second.
NO MORE

United States

#18 May 17, 2008
angel wings wrote:
Yikes..Angel wings..don't rescue w/o getting your wings serviced, there seems to be some technical difficulties...Take time to read things w/o assumtions. I did not say he was "law enforcement." From one woman to another, I think you may be one of those scary ones that takes your feeling as fact w/o useing logic or reaoning skills.Take some time to think things through before you make statements. This is a serious issue and the focus should be on this child, not attacking other commentators who are actually supporting old lessons(stranger danger) and catch phrases utilized to remind chilren of dangers.
Thank God there for Detectives. This is why our state reps won't trust the average citizen to make important changes...people open their mouths prior to fact finding.

Since: May 08

East Hartford, CT

#19 May 21, 2008
He must of had some good candy! HaHa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meet rich men Apr 11 Layne 1
Colchester Music Thread Nov '16 Musikologist 1
Discussion title (Jan '16) Jan '16 DougiveaRatsazz 1
News Want change? Start walking. (Jun '10) Jan '16 Phil 23
SWEETFROG teams up with Making Strides (Sep '15) Sep '15 Makingstrides 1
making strides against breast cancer teams up w... (Sep '15) Sep '15 MakingStrides 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Joe Courtney as Representative? (Nov '11) May '15 ZANEY LEX 10

Hebron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hebron Mortgages