Three Hospitalized After Hebron Crash

Three Hospitalized After Hebron Crash

There are 42 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 3, 2007, titled Three Hospitalized After Hebron Crash. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Three passengers hospitalized over the weekend when the pickup truck they were riding in struck a boulder and overturned, were listed in critical and stable conditions this morning, a Hartford Hospital ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A Mom

Broad Brook, CT

#1 Dec 3, 2007
I'm very sorry to hear about this accident. These kids need to learn to obey the speed limits. We keep hearing of terrible accidents as this one. I feel terrible for their parents and the kids as well. I hope for a speedy recovery.
Cin

Newington, CT

#2 Dec 3, 2007
It is sad, but it also seems like a few things went wrong here. I'm guessing that if the rear seat passengers were 'ejected', that they weren't wearing seatbelts, and I thought 17-year-olds could only have one passenger. Too sad.
Mum

Greenfield, MA

#3 Dec 3, 2007
Did I miss something in this article? I didn't see that the driver was speeding. Last night was a horrible night for even the most experienced drivers.
Early CHildhood Adv

Hartford, CT

#4 Dec 3, 2007
Speed a factor? And toxicology reports?
Matt from CT

United States

#5 Dec 3, 2007
"Speeding" only to the extent of the citation called "Travelling to fast for condiditons" that it's a darn good guess will be written by the Trooper for this. The FD on arrival termed the ice conditions on scene "treacherous." The kids deserve the benefit of the doubt that this is simply consistent with young drivers in their first experience on ice.

That accident was at the beginning of a spate of dozens and dozens of accidents in Easter Connecticut in a belt from Bolton to Griswold that night.
CT Resident

Broad Brook, CT

#7 Dec 3, 2007
Mum wrote:
Did I miss something in this article? I didn't see that the driver was speeding. Last night was a horrible night for even the most experienced drivers.
Did you see the time it happened?:At 600 The roads were still pretty good. I would also think speed.
Cin

Newington, CT

#8 Dec 3, 2007
Yes, last night was a miserable night for even the most experienced drivers...so why was a 17-year-old out driving his friends around?
Cin

Newington, CT

#9 Dec 3, 2007
Ah, thanks for the clarification about having the 'adult' drivers on board. Guess it didn't help much.
another CT resident

Pottersville, NJ

#10 Dec 3, 2007
Instead of sitting here judging those involved....why not say a prayer for them and for their families. There was a death in this accident. And who are ANY of us to judge or speculate. Keep the families in your thoughts instead.
Get Real

Granby, CT

#11 Dec 3, 2007
Black ice was to fault along with inexperience.
Let's not a;ways assume the worst people.
Get Real

Granby, CT

#12 Dec 3, 2007
Black ice and inexperience are the culprits.
Let's not always jump to the worst conclusion.
Give the kids a break....they must be heart broken.
williams sister_

Nampa, ID

#14 Dec 3, 2007
i am william's sister....one of the boys that was in the wreck last night......before you judge people why don't you find out the whole story first. they weren't drunk and they weren't speeding. and yes the roads in hebron were iced over at this time. they were skidding on the ice and trying to avoid hitting a lady in another car which led them to hit the boulder and overturn the truck. it doesn't matter how old you are or how experienced you are in a situation like this.....the driver did his very best!!! before you post another comment as hateful as what some of you have been writing please feel free to send comments to me and i'll be happy to write you back with the truth. they are taking my brother's best friend "zach" off life support today so it would be very kind of some of you to please keep his family and his friends in your prayers. and by the way if this was your son or your daughter in a wreck like this would you really be judging or would you be praying??? my email is [email protected].......th anks
ewk

Providence, RI

#15 Dec 3, 2007
another CT resident wrote:
Instead of sitting here judging those involved....why not say a prayer for them and for their families. There was a death in this accident. And who are ANY of us to judge or speculate. Keep the families in your thoughts instead.
Thank you I agree with you. In fact blogging on the Courant is becoming just an outlet for mean, judgmental, insensitive people. It was a terrible night out here at that time and these guys were in a f350 truck not some sportscar and it did not say speeding. The only worse blogs are the ones on the Reardon case-people write the most insensitive cruel remarks. Have some compassion folks-it could happen to anyone of us or our family members. There but for the grace of God go us.
ewk

Providence, RI

#16 Dec 3, 2007
williams sister_ wrote:
i am william's sister....one of the boys that was in the wreck last night......before you judge people why don't you find out the whole story first. they weren't drunk and they weren't speeding. and yes the roads in hebron were iced over at this time. they were skidding on the ice and trying to avoid hitting a lady in another car which led them to hit the boulder and overturn the truck. it doesn't matter how old you are or how experienced you are in a situation like this.....the driver did his very best!!! before you post another comment as hateful as what some of you have been writing please feel free to send comments to me and i'll be happy to write you back with the truth. they are taking my brother's best friend "zach" off life support today so it would be very kind of some of you to please keep his family and his friends in your prayers. and by the way if this was your son or your daughter in a wreck like this would you really be judging or would you be praying??? my email is [email protected].......th anks
I am so sorry for your family. These Hartford Courant blogs seem to attract alot of very mean people. I am so sorry that this accident happened. You and your family are in my prayers. God bless you
A Mom

Broad Brook, CT

#17 Dec 3, 2007
ewk wrote:
<quoted text>I am so sorry for your family. These Hartford Courant blogs seem to attract alot of very mean people. I am so sorry that this accident happened. You and your family are in my prayers. God bless you
I apologize for thinking they were speeding.
My prayers are with you and your families. I can really feel for you. I myself have three teens and this scares me to death. God bless you all.
Hebron Mom

Marlborough, CT

#18 Dec 3, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are with all the families as this is such a very difficult time for them.
Mum

Greenfield, MA

#19 Dec 3, 2007
To William's sister and all the family involved in this horrible accident, I am so sorry I happen to know of the family of one of the boys and they are good, born again christians. I received an e-mail this morning, asking for prayer for all of the boys and their families. This was not an accident that was due to carelessness. It could have happened to any of us last night. My seventeen year old granddaughter was working and asked to leave early, due to the weather and her parents picked her up, so she wouldn't have to drive. Hitting black ice, even if you are going slow, is a horrible thing and losing control is very frightening. It is difficult to manuver safely on that stuff. God bless all of the kids and I am so happy to hear Zach is off the life support.
Get Real

Granby, CT

#20 Dec 3, 2007
Early CHildhood Adv wrote:
Speed a factor? And toxicology reports?
In any blogs you show up in, you have been one of the most negative posters. maybe give it a rest for a while and try to think positive thoughts once in a while.
Friend of Zach

AOL

#21 Dec 3, 2007
This horrible trajedy does not need judgement, just prayers for the families of Zach and the other boys involved. Zach was a kind hearted, hard working kid and will be terribly missed. Former writers are correct that black ice is deadly to us all regardless of age or experience. Zach worked for my husband and was always eager to learn, reliable and dependable. We saw him yesterday and drove away commenting on what a great kid he is. He will be sorely missed! Our prayers to all families involved in this trajedy.
Mum

Greenfield, MA

#22 Dec 3, 2007
I guess I misunderstood about Zach being taken off life support. I thought he was doing better. I am so sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colchester Music Thread Nov '16 Musikologist 1
Discussion title (Jan '16) Jan '16 DougiveaRatsazz 1
News Want change? Start walking. (Jun '10) Jan '16 Phil 23
SWEETFROG teams up with Making Strides (Sep '15) Sep '15 Makingstrides 1
making strides against breast cancer teams up w... (Sep '15) Sep '15 MakingStrides 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Joe Courtney as Representative? (Nov '11) May '15 ZANEY LEX 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Buck Idleburg 15

Hebron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hebron Mortgages