worried

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

What happened that put heber on lockdown today?
river rat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

I'm out of town right now. What's going on?
Lake Rat

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

The school district sent a message. The police were in the area responding to a domestic dispute. Never any danger to the school. No incident involving the school.

Since: Feb 12

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Is it still under lockdown?
Lake Rat

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

This took place a little before noon today.

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Heard one of the officers in my place of work today say it was a domestic dispute in Greers Ferry. The man has a child going to school in Heber and he made threats about going to the school and shooting. This guy needs to be put away.
gfk

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Guest wrote:
Heard one of the officers in my place of work today say it was a domestic dispute in Greers Ferry. The man has a child going to school in Heber and he made threats about going to the school and shooting. This guy needs to be put away.
What's the mans name
parents

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
He needs to be doing some serious time for even saying something like that after the things that have been happening.

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

gfk wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the mans name
Officer didnt say any names.
parent

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Officer didnt say any names.
What we have heard tonight was he said he was going to Heber school to shoot but went to Pangburn instead and then later killed himself. I want to know the truth. Was there ever a chance he was headed to Heber? Did he say he was headed to Heber schools? What was done just in case? What is going to be done about security at Heber Schools? And did he kill himself? If he didn't I would hope that he is in jail tonight because this is not the least bit amusing or funny.
Thinkin

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

parent wrote:
<quoted text>
What we have heard tonight was he said he was going to Heber school to shoot but went to Pangburn instead and then later killed himself. I want to know the truth. Was there ever a chance he was headed to Heber? Did he say he was headed to Heber schools? What was done just in case? What is going to be done about security at Heber Schools? And did he kill himself? If he didn't I would hope that he is in jail tonight because this is not the least bit amusing or funny.
You aren't going to find the answer to those questions here. If you are serious about wanting to know call the Sheriff and ask him.
it is all good

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

The person in question never made it to the school. The school was very quickly and quietly locked down at all facilities, the kids didn't even realize anything was going on in most cases. The police were on it immediately and the man in question was arrested and got jail time. Handled very well, everyone safe, man never on school campus.
ya seeeee

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Oh my lord people. Quit with the dumbass bs rumors. I was in the office when it happened. I know exactly what THE TRUTH is. A girl came to the office and said he heard a rumor that a man in all black was supposed to come to the school & shoot somebody named Cody, but she didn't know which Cody. Then that's when they called all the Cody's to the office, and locked the outside doors. They found out the students were just joking, and that it was nothing. I was there. Anything else that you hear, is a lie. There was no real threat, and I have no idea why our stupid school lied about us being on lockdown, because for a little while yesterday, we were on lockdown. It had absolutely nothing to do with Greers Ferry.

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

ya seeeee wrote:
Oh my lord people. Quit with the dumbass bs rumors. I was in the office when it happened. I know exactly what THE TRUTH is. A girl came to the office and said he heard a rumor that a man in all black was supposed to come to the school & shoot somebody named Cody, but she didn't know which Cody. Then that's when they called all the Cody's to the office, and locked the outside doors. They found out the students were just joking, and that it was nothing. I was there. Anything else that you hear, is a lie. There was no real threat, and I have no idea why our stupid school lied about us being on lockdown, because for a little while yesterday, we were on lockdown. It had absolutely nothing to do with Greers Ferry.
Oh, I am sure the POLICE OFFICER didnt know at all what he was talking about!! I would believe the police officer who has first hand knowledge of what was going on. The police officer I am sure was not lieing about what happened in Greers Ferry and that is what lead to what happened at the school.
Hometown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

You're full of it with your officer rumor. Don't listen to that crap it was just a domestic dispute.
omg

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Truth time: it started as a domestic in Greers Ferry. With a man dressed in black and suppose to have a gun. A girl called 911 to report it. Then she called a friend in Heber who started talking in front of a kid. That kid went into the high school office and repeated (out of context) what it heard it's mother talking about. The man in black NEVER LEFT THE HOUSE IN GREERS FERRY!!!!!! It was a situation that got blown WAY out of proportion because people like to run their mouths!!!!! And by the way. I work in law enforcement.

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Hometown wrote:
You're full of it with your officer rumor. Don't listen to that crap it was just a domestic dispute.

Not a rumor...and that is what he said a domestic dispute.
parent

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

omg wrote:
Truth time: it started as a domestic in Greers Ferry. With a man dressed in black and suppose to have a gun. A girl called 911 to report it. Then she called a friend in Heber who started talking in front of a kid. That kid went into the high school office and repeated (out of context) what it heard it's mother talking about. The man in black NEVER LEFT THE HOUSE IN GREERS FERRY!!!!!! It was a situation that got blown WAY out of proportion because people like to run their mouths!!!!! And by the way. I work in law enforcement.
Thank you for telling us the truth. If it would have been told to the parents the way you just did it would have saved a ton of rumors and upset parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Heber Springs Forum right now

Search the Heber Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexis Hernandez 7 min Merv the Perv 9
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Pondering 28,954
Jerry Troy 2 hr Autumn Davis 6
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr whiskers 9,788
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr guest 3,832
Chad Klapp 4 hr Girl #1 2
Former Mississippi law enforcement officer arr... 5 hr Sheriff 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Heber Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••