Kid dies at Sandy Beach?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sad!!

Heber Springs, AR

#22 Jun 14, 2012
justsayin wrote:
The news story that I read (KAIT) said that he went to the beach to swim alone.
That is what I read also. Is his mother Ann? And grandmother Patty... was Sparks don't know what her last name is now.

Heber Springs, AR

#24 Jun 17, 2012
[QUOTE who="Sad!!"]<quot ed text>
That is what I read also. Is his mother Ann? And grandmother Patty... was Sparks don't know what her last name is now.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe so.
info

United States

#25 Jun 20, 2012
His name is Robert Woods and he was going into the ninth grade and he wasn't by hisself his friends thought he was joking so didn't help him. He couldn't swim..,
justsayin

Trumann, AR

#26 Jun 21, 2012
I was just repeating what the news said,that he "went there to swim alone." I can put the story link on here if anybody wants to read it,I guess those goobers got the story wrong.
April

United States

#27 Jun 23, 2012
I'm his cousin, and I was there when it happened. It was horrible!
Society Stinks

Marion, AR

#28 Jun 26, 2012
April wrote:
I'm his cousin, and I was there when it happened. It was horrible!
Well why the hell didn't anyone help? Pathetic people let him die.
Wow

Heber Springs, AR

#29 Jun 27, 2012
Society Stinks wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why the hell didn't anyone help? Pathetic people let him die.
That is such an awful thing to say.
yup

United States

#30 Jun 27, 2012
That's what I want to know there is always ppl out there u hear a kid yell for help aren't we suppose to help joking or not joking now a young life was lost.
justsayin

Trumann, AR

#31 Jun 27, 2012
That's why I was amazed when people came on here saying that "they were there" ect.Because the news storyline that I read said he'd gone there to swim alone.Not,it looks like several have admitted to being there when it happened.Who the Hell just assumes somebody that is swimming is "kidding" when they call for help,and,even if they were,hell,go try to help them anyway,you can always beat the crap out of them for joking if they're OK but don't ever just blow someone's cries for help off,DUMBAZZES.Sounds to me like ALL Of you needed an adult chaperone there!
urnasty

United States

#32 Jun 27, 2012
justsayin wrote:
That's why I was amazed when people came on here saying that "they were there" ect.Because the news storyline that I read said he'd gone there to swim alone.Not,it looks like several have admitted to being there when it happened.Who the Hell just assumes somebody that is swimming is "kidding" when they call for help,and,even if they were,hell,go try to help them anyway,you can always beat the crap out of them for joking if they're OK but don't ever just blow someone's cries for help off,DUMBAZZES.Sounds to me like ALL Of you needed an adult chaperone there!
Very much agreed and am still so saddened by this.
yup

Haslet, TX

#34 Jul 17, 2012
Yes they r with a town always in others business this young boy should of been saved and not laid to rest and the family hv to go through all the suffering and pain.
Randie
#35 Jul 22, 2012
me and a couple people showed up as they were doin cpr on him. we talked to the cops and we asked if he was gunna make it and he said no, that he was gone. they didnt know who it was they said someone said the last name was woods so we looked him up on facebook real fast and gave the officer his name. it was really sad. the chick that was with him was swimmin back and when she turned around he wasnt there. They said some guy that was there had a snorkle and the girl was yellin for help and the guy went down there and got him from the bottom. thats just what we got told from the cops that were there. then all these stories were poppin up on facebook about how his friends thought he was joking. he wasnt there with friends just one girl and idk if she even knew him or else the cops would have gotten his name and information from her.
james
#36 Oct 8, 2012
ive known robert since he was 3..his mom is a ex gf of mine her name is ann...she is married now to my uncle jack..his grandpa was very close to him and he was the center of his world ..even now he is taking the lost very hard..robert woods was named after his grandpa robert ..last i heard they were checking for foul play..debra is his aunt by marriage she was married to his mom annMs brother...i do know robert sr. had custody of little robert...sad what happened and shocking..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heber Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
glad we dont live in greers fairy 45 min greers sucks 1
Debbie Craig 3 hr Tourist Afar 2
white tahoe Fri Challenger 5
Jordan Hatsell Fri SOS 5
Last night in town any ladies wanna go drink Aug 17 Hardly 2
Brothers Bbq Aug 17 REAL Q 15
Walmart Aug 15 didya 7

Heber Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance