Lindseys pot o gold
Disappointed again

Dallas, TX

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Finally checked out their newly renovated restaurant. Beautifully done with great view of little red river. Unfortunately the view is the best thing about this place.
Just ANOTHER disappointing restaurant in Heber Springs. I had fried catfish, 2 pieces, comes with salad/soup bar (actually best part of meal, but come on it's just an ordinary salad bar), choice of one side and hush pups.....THIRTEEN DOLLARS!!!!!
Holy Cow!!! That is way too expensive for catfish. Plus they weren't even that good, although crust was crunchy, the fish was mushy. My companion had chicken quesadillas that comes with one side and salad/soup bar, also THIRTEEN DOLLARS!!!
The side chosen was veggies, and wow, they were nasty. No flavor, no salt, no seasoning. It was literally a PILE of from a mixed bag of veggies that were steamed in microwave. B-L-A-N-D.
The menu is very limited, if you dont want fish (catfish or trout) there is a ribeye, couple chicken dishes (yeah, fried chicken strips, quesadilla or grilled chicken breast, imaginative) or a burger. All waaaay overpriced!
I wanted sooo much to like this place, really i did but its just another HS restaurant that I will never go back to.
Word

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2012
I agree 120%. Overpriced and overrated. Don't waste your money! Its Nasty folks.
Tooth

United States

#3 Nov 11, 2012
Word wrote:
I agree 120%. Overpriced and overrated. Don't waste your money! Its Nasty folks.
Billy Lindsey is a steaming pile of dog shit. They need a restraint at lobo landing

Vilonia, AR

#4 Nov 11, 2012
Tooth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Lindsey is a steaming pile of dog shit. They need a restraint at lobo landing
It's not Billy that's bad it's that wife of his!
If he would just standup to her and be a father and grandfather his son deserved he would be an all right guy. Deep down Billy is a good man he just needs to STANDUP for the people he should love. That's all.
Tooth

Euless, TX

#5 Nov 11, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not Billy that's bad it's that wife of his!
If he would just standup to her and be a father and grandfather his son deserved he would be an all right guy. Deep down Billy is a good man he just needs to STANDUP for the people he should love. That's all.
I've taken all my clients to lobo they are good people billy is greedy and his guides are not all that...

United States

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Tooth wrote:
<quoted text>
I've taken all my clients to lobo they are good people billy is greedy and his guides are not all that...
I also love Lobo and Billy's own family stays at Lobo.
There is no comparison of the two resorts. Lobo is better all the way around. Best on The Little Red. AAA+
And lobo does have a restaurant that has awesome breakfast and burgers too.
Tooth

Euless, TX

#7 Nov 11, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I also love Lobo and Billy's own family stays at Lobo.
There is no comparison of the two resorts. Lobo is better all the way around. Best on The Little Red. AAA+
And lobo does have a restaurant that has awesome breakfast and burgers too.
Ive heard about the burgers and have seen the restraunt seating at lobo but have never seen anybody eating there. I'd like to try the burger do you know their hours. Heard you make reservations???

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Nov 11, 2012
Lobo's restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch Saturday - Sunday (7 AM - 2 PM). We will try to offer extended hours for large groups. Please inquire when making your reservations. We offer a full breakfast menu including eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, biscuits & gravy, all served with Southern Hospitality. Hamburgers, chicken tenders, chicken sandwiches, BLTís, and grilled cheese sandwiches,(including fries of course), really hit the spot for lunch. Drop in and see what Ms. Esty and Ms. Virginia are cooking. The homemade cookies are incredible.
Disappointed again

Dallas, TX

#9 Nov 11, 2012
i heard Lobo has great burgers too, a hidden secret in HS i guess. Like to try them out. So youre saying you have to make a reservation to come eat a burger, you can't just drop in?? Like call 15 min. before coming in or what?
why reservations??
Tooth

Euless, TX

#10 Nov 11, 2012
Guest wrote:
Lobo's restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch Saturday - Sunday (7 AM - 2 PM). We will try to offer extended hours for large groups. Please inquire when making your reservations. We offer a full breakfast menu including eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, biscuits & gravy, all served with Southern Hospitality. Hamburgers, chicken tenders, chicken sandwiches, BLTís, and grilled cheese sandwiches,(including fries of course), really hit the spot for lunch. Drop in and see what Ms. Esty and Ms. Virginia are cooking. The homemade cookies are incredible.
Thanks! So as stated above do you have to make reservations?
Disappointed again

Dallas, TX

#11 Nov 11, 2012
after re-reading that, i think if you have large group you need reservations or when you call to make your cabin reservation, you can inquire then.

but do you have to be a resort guest to eat there or can anyone eat there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heber Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lol 59 min lol 1
Kendra at sonic 1 hr q 2
blue dodge with wide mirrors and loud pipes (Feb '14) 1 hr lol 6
cindy bennett 4 hr elevensprings 1
brandy mathews and crackhead boyfriend 4 hr grossed out 1
Alicia Brand 12 hr foryalllosers 21
New vape shop 13 hr curious 3
More from around the web

Heber Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE