Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Some of you parents need to start taking interest in what your children are doing. Some children are starting threads on topix's that are very inappropriate for children their age.

There is thread started by a 14 year old about circumcision that has gotten way out of control. Some of the people responding might be trying to be funny, but who knows.
I also recall another thread started by a 15 year old looking for girls that are "dtf".

These children should be talking to their parents not strangers on social media. Parents where are you?

Come on parents take interest in your child. There has been a lot of children who has gotten into dangerous situations because of playing around with social media.

And to the parents who have taken interest in their children's lives, by teaching them right from wrong, by teaching them to be responsible, by teaching them to be respectful to other people and keeping them safe from derelicts on the Internet, my hat's off to you. Thank you.
on the Internet, my hat's off to you. Thank you

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

well said, i agree.
a mom

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Couldn't have said it better
Anon

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

We've got to come up with something for them to do around town. Otherwise, inevitably, drugs and sex will come to them like a plague.
Punishment

Talco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Hebers school system coaches teachers and staff need to step up and do their job too! There are to many athletes that should not be allowed to play sports, nearly 90% of the football team, half of the cheer team, half of basketball team, baseball and softball, track, make example out of the faces in the school! The cops need to quit letting these kids get away with being busted at parties too! Even if it is done at home the schools and law enforcement have yet to do anything. And I hope that someone at either systems I mentioned read this and realize they are ruining kids lives but not stepping up!
Crusader

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Punishment wrote:
Hebers school system coaches teachers and staff need to step up and do their job too! There are to many athletes that should not be allowed to play sports, nearly 90% of the football team, half of the cheer team, half of basketball team, baseball and softball, track, make example out of the faces in the school! The cops need to quit letting these kids get away with being busted at parties too! Even if it is done at home the schools and law enforcement have yet to do anything. And I hope that someone at either systems I mentioned read this and realize they are ruining kids lives but not stepping up!
I agree.At the Heber Springs School System, how a child is punished depends who the parents are and if the child is one of the better athletes, especially football. A large majority of the teachers try, but the administrators have the final say. And some of the lower level administrators try, but the upper administrators over ride their decisions.
But all that boils down to the school board. And sense a large majority of the school board members are panther 100 club supporters, you know were there allegiance lie. It's not with education. It's will athletics.

From what I've heard, the city police try, but the mayor steps in the legal process. Especially if the child that is in trouble, is a football player.

The best way to fix this situation, is the next time when a person that is running for a school board position ask you for your vote ask them if they are panther 100 club supporter. Then vote against them.
I'm not totally against the 100 club. They raise money for athletics so the school system will not have use some of it's money for athletics. Even though, there is some community debate over which high school sports gets the most of the 100 club money.
And also vote against the mayor. And put a person in the mayor's seat that will let the police department do their job without interference for the mayor.
wtf

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

I, myself, thing that they need like a water park somewhere here. Not anything huge, but something decent sized. Or maybe just an all around amusement park, for the whole year!
Punishment

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

I hear that if a certain amount of calls goes into the FBI that they will come in research the departments, have a mandatory drug test for all students. That would result in a huge national story seeing majority of these kids here fail. Let's start callIng!
nokidding

Forsyth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

wtf wrote:
I, myself, thing that they need like a water park somewhere here. Not anything huge, but something decent sized. Or maybe just an all around amusement park, for the whole year!
There is absolutely nothing out here for kids to do. If they hang out anywhere the police take them to jail for curfew violations. These are kids, they want to hang out but there is nowhere for them to go. This darn small town government won't let anything come into this town without having to pay an unrealistic amount of taxes to move in. A nice movie theater, theme park ( like you suggested ) or even a place they can go without going to jail for curfew violation.
Sad

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Crusader wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.At the Heber Springs School System, how a child is punished depends who the parents are and if the child is one of the better athletes, especially football. A large majority of the teachers try, but the administrators have the final say. And some of the lower level administrators try, but the upper administrators over ride their decisions.
But all that boils down to the school board. And sense a large majority of the school board members are panther 100 club supporters, you know were there allegiance lie. It's not with education. It's will athletics.
From what I've heard, the city police try, but the mayor steps in the legal process. Especially if the child that is in trouble, is a football player.
The best way to fix this situation, is the next time when a person that is running for a school board position ask you for your vote ask them if they are panther 100 club supporter. Then vote against them.
I'm not totally against the 100 club. They raise money for athletics so the school system will not have use some of it's money for athletics. Even though, there is some community debate over which high school sports gets the most of the 100 club money.
And also vote against the mayor. And put a person in the mayor's seat that will let the police department do their job without interference for the mayor.
Of course football is going to get more money than cross country etc. the equipment costs more genius. Some of you people need to keep ur idiotic ideas away from my kids.
mom

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Guest wrote:
well said, i agree.
If enough people click the report abuse control above the topic the company will remove it. You have to give a reason to remove, I should think INAPPROPRIATE would work. I've started the ball rolling, let's see you complainers step up and do the same.

And, we can't blame everything on our school system parenting belongs at home. Teachers hands are tied in most situations.
that guy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

This topic is gay
Crusader

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

that guy wrote:
This topic is gay
If you don't like it, then stay off this thread and leave this conversation to the grownups.
Obviously

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

that guy wrote:
This topic is gay
This is one of the kids that would be kicked off or in trouble for doing something wrong. What number do we need to call to get the Feds here??? I think that would be great for this town!
Sad

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Why are so many people jealous of the football team?
Football

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Sad wrote:
Football also brings more revenue than any other sport and it's not close.
Crusader

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course football is going to get more money than cross country etc. the equipment costs more genius. Some of you people need to keep ur idiotic ideas away from my kids.
I understand that football equipment cost more. I really do. But before a coach of sport can receive money from the 100 club, they must submit a form of request to the 100 club. Now here is where the problem lies. Before the request form is presented to the 100 club, the request form has to be approved by the head football coach. The head football coach will take care of his sport first. And don't come back at me with the statement that "well football makes more money than any other sport". it's the biggest money pit our school system has. I'm happy for the kids that play football. But there are other kids in other sports that need attention also. I know your calling me a genius is meant to be a cut to me. I know that I' m no genius. But I'm not stupid either.
Yes Indeed

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

wtf wrote:
I thought when the sales tax was passed for the community center there was also to be a water park built. I know it was in the original plans. Was that another ruse just like failing to tell us we had to pay an exorbitant membership fee to use the center?
Crusader

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Sad wrote:
I'm not jealous of the football team. There's not a jealous bone in my body. I'm happy for the kids.
I think you need to step back and ask yourself who is really the jealous one?
If your

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kids play football I'd get them drug tested, majority of them smoke pot or pop pills. I'd check into it. No parent thinks their kids are doing any of that but you'd be surprised.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Heber Springs Forum right now

Search the Heber Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexis Hernandez 17 min Merv the Perv 12
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 48 min Knock knock 256
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 49 min Answer Man 28,957
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 50 min Knock knock 827
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) 54 min Knock knock 407
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 55 min Knock knock 1,762
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 56 min Knock knock 214
•••
•••
•••
•••

Heber Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Heber Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••