Pawn shop in hopewell
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hello

Quitman, AR

#1 Apr 9, 2013
What is going on in hopewell today. Cops everywhere at a pawn shop. Did some one get killed
Doug

Heber Springs, AR

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Hello wrote:
What is going on in hopewell today. Cops everywhere at a pawn shop. Did some one get killed
It was robbed yesterday, I believe.
not a police fan

United States

#3 Apr 9, 2013
Yes, it got robbed, dude was shot by the owner, owner is now in jail for attempted manslaughter & something else. It's a wonder anybody calls the police at all anymore.
who knows

United States

#4 Apr 9, 2013
I have a friend that lives in the little aprmnts right beside it and Sunday night about 3 or so he said he got woke up by the clanking of metal in the room next door to his and since he had to be at work a few hours later decided to get up and take a shower and get ready. The showers and bathrooms are out side and round the corner of the room and when he opened the door he saw police lights and just assumed that they had someone pulled over and when he got out the shower and walked around the building and got almost to his room he said that 2 officers had m16 pointed at his head and was not very nice at all. They said that the pawn shop got robbed and that they thought that the person who robbed it was still on the premises. They looked at his id and he went to work. He never said anything about the police stating the owner or anyone else shot anyone but that is not to say that it is not true. I think that if my friend heard metal clanking in the room next door to him and that is what woke him up the person that robbed that shop was probly my friends neighbor. May of been gun barrels or something like that he heard.
Doug

Heber Springs, AR

#6 Apr 10, 2013
Yes I believe the news report said the owner shot the guy.
really

United States

#7 Apr 10, 2013
He should have killed him, POS thief!!!!
ya

Heber Springs, AR

#8 Apr 10, 2013
thats bs.. when someone cant protect there own property!!!
mountain man

United States

#9 Apr 10, 2013
I heard he shot a sasquatch an it ran off they found foot prints an hair but no blood trail
-Kristi-

Heber Springs, AR

#10 Apr 10, 2013
who knows wrote:
I have a friend that lives in the little aprmnts right beside it and Sunday night about 3 or so he said he got woke up by the clanking of metal in the room next door to his and since he had to be at work a few hours later decided to get up and take a shower and get ready. The showers and bathrooms are out side and round the corner of the room and when he opened the door he saw police lights and just assumed that they had someone pulled over and when he got out the shower and walked around the building and got almost to his room he said that 2 officers had m16 pointed at his head and was not very nice at all. They said that the pawn shop got robbed and that they thought that the person who robbed it was still on the premises. They looked at his id and he went to work. He never said anything about the police stating the owner or anyone else shot anyone but that is not to say that it is not true. I think that if my friend heard metal clanking in the room next door to him and that is what woke him up the person that robbed that shop was probly my friends neighbor. May of been gun barrels or something like that he heard.
Hmm...
Okay,first of all, does anyone but me find it strange that the apartment bathroom shower is outside around the corner??
Secondly, two cops with an M16 to his head??

And again why would anyone pick up charges for defending theirselves or their property???
Seems there's more to be told ;)
rfscnmoas

Heber Springs, AR

#11 Apr 10, 2013
The apartments are bunkhouses rented to oilfield guys and that's just the way it's set up. The Hendrix family owns those and the pawn shop and everyone in the town of RoseBud knows Brad Hendrix has had the cops in his back pocket to look the other way for years. Deal gone bad, meth cooks disagreement, that's what this was.
-Kristi-

Heber Springs, AR

#12 Apr 10, 2013
rfscnmoas wrote:
The apartments are bunkhouses rented to oilfield guys and that's just the way it's set up. The Hendrix family owns those and the pawn shop and everyone in the town of RoseBud knows Brad Hendrix has had the cops in his back pocket to look the other way for years. Deal gone bad, meth cooks disagreement, that's what this was.
That makes complete sense
A friend

Heber Springs, AR

#13 Apr 10, 2013
I'm friends with the owner of the pawn shop and I'm disgusted with how this is being handled. He was being robbed. His hard work and hard earned money is invested in the pawn shop and for someone to come in and try taking that away from him is pathetic. He has EVERY RIGHT to defend what is his and who knows, maybe even his life. The fact that he is in jail right now is ridiculous. If someone tried breaking into my home at 3 in the morning where my children sleep and if I had access to a gun, you better believe I'd use it. He only did what any other human being would do. To protect what's rightfully his. He shouldn't be punished here. He's the victim. It's all bullshit. I'm pulling for him. It's just not fair.

Bentonville, AR

#14 Apr 10, 2013
What's the owners name? Was he arrested? In Cleburne county?
Hello

United States

#15 Apr 10, 2013
A friend wrote:
I'm friends with the owner of the pawn shop and I'm disgusted with how this is being handled. He was being robbed. His hard work and hard earned money is invested in the pawn shop and for someone to come in and try taking that away from him is pathetic. He has EVERY RIGHT to defend what is his and who knows, maybe even his life. The fact that he is in jail right now is ridiculous. If someone tried breaking into my home at 3 in the morning where my children sleep and if I had access to a gun, you better believe I'd use it. He only did what any other human being would do. To protect what's rightfully his. He shouldn't be punished here. He's the victim. It's all bullshit. I'm pulling for him. It's just not fair.
. So I'm assuming the drugs they where doing had nothing to do with. And would that be how he got that hard weaned money ? I mean come on everybody knows what goes on there. Besides they have it all on tape. One more thing he might be a thief but he also has rights and u can't shoot an unarmed man in the back. That is just chicken shit !!
Hello

United States

#16 Apr 10, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>. So I'm assuming the drugs they where doing had nothing to do with. And would that be how he got that hard weaned money ? I mean come on everybody knows what goes on there. Besides they have it all on tape. One more thing he might be a thief but he also has rights and u can't shoot an unarmed man in the back. That is just chicken shit !!
earned !!
yeah right

Heber Springs, AR

#17 Apr 10, 2013
The owner is Trey New. Might wanna know all you facts cause the owner is a dope dealer and that is what he sells out of their. the pawn shop is just a front.
Hello

United States

#18 Apr 10, 2013
yeah right wrote:
The owner is Trey New. Might wanna know all you facts cause the owner is a dope dealer and that is what he sells out of their. the pawn shop is just a front.
amen to that. Lets not forget about his business partner.
lol

United States

#19 Apr 10, 2013
its called dopewell for a reason

United States

#20 Apr 10, 2013
He was arrested for several drug related offenses,$50000 bond. Business must be good because he's
Out
A friend

Heber Springs, AR

#21 Apr 10, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>. So I'm assuming the drugs they where doing had nothing to do with. And would that be how he got that hard weaned money ? I mean come on everybody knows what goes on there. Besides they have it all on tape. One more thing he might be a thief but he also has rights and u can't shoot an unarmed man in the back. That is just chicken shit !!
I have no idea if this had anything to do with drugs or not. I have no idea if the guy was unarmed. I have no idea if he was shot in the back. I have no idea if this was all caught on tape. And, I'm sure you don't either. It's all just hear say. If that's what went down, then that's what went down. Still doesn't make it right for the thief to attempt to do what he did and how do you know how Trey earned his money? Maybe drugs, maybe gambling, maybe he had a job as a stripper...who knows how and it really doesn't matter to me. I was simply saying, friend or no friend, it's not right that someone attempts to rob someone and the victim ends up in jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heber Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Them wanna be Rollin on 20s beefing with olds crew 6 hr citizen 13
um yeah 6 hr karma takes another 2
Gym 16 hr dont know 5
good single women (Feb '13) Sat sad but true 34
Nothing changes if nothing changes Sat dirk diggler 10
South Ridge Nursing Home Sat Nurse bud 5
Trinity Jun 23 Becky 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Heber Springs Mortgages