McCready died in a 'perfect storm'

Feb 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

"A perfect storm" hit Mindy McCready in the days before the country singer killed herself in the same spot where her boyfriend had died five weeks earlier, a close friend said.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Feb 28, 2013
Nurse

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Yes, Dr Drew and the 'whole system' failed Mindy Mcready!
Dr Drew actually stated that "her kids being taken away" was the nail in her coffin.
Her husband was dead by 'alleged' self-inflicted gunshot in less than a month.
It was public that she was suicidally distraught, and was allowed to leave a psychiatric hospital, apparently AMA, to a home full of guns? WTF is wrong with this picture
And now, all I hear is Dr Drew whine about his "feelings" and defend that he wasn't exploiting anyone on Celebrity Rehab. He even has proof.......and has the likes of a Michaeljlohan, and Hedi Fleiss, go on the record (on Adam Carolla podcast) to defend him, and say how wonderful he was, and that he didn't force anybody to be on TV, in fact were paid a hefty sum of money; from $250,00 to $500,00!
Hey Dr Drew Pinsky, this isn't about YOU!
This isn't about YOUR feelings Doc!
Yes, your ego is bruised and Adam Carolla is a brilliant and a kind friend to (unwittengly) further engage your unprofessionalism and lack of ethics.
Fact- a mentally unstable patient who is actively in their 'addiction' cannot legally CONSENT to treatment.
Dr Drew needs to choose between his MD license and TV persona (IMHO).
How can he actually say with a straight face that "Alcoholics Anonymous is both
anonymous and private" ?!
Disappointed in New England
Add-I'm only writing this because Dr Drew now (unknowingly) ruined my enjoyment of listening to The Adam Carolla podcast last night!
And to add insult to his already despicable EGO he had Michaeljlohan call in to vouch for his 'credibility'. Yep, it's a sad day when a known psychopathic felon and violent woman abuser is to be the voice of reason.
Really

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Move on. It's over.
Been There

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Nurse wrote:
Dr Drew actually stated that "her kids being taken away" was the nail in her coffin.
It was public that she was suicidally distraught, and was allowed to leave a psychiatric hospital, apparently AMA, to a home full of guns? WTF is wrong with this picture
And now, all I hear is Dr Drew whine about his "feelings" and defend that he wasn't exploiting anyone on Celebrity Rehab. He even has proof.......and has the likes of a Michaeljlohan, and Hedi Fleiss, go on the record (on Adam Carolla podcast) to defend him, and say how wonderful he was, and that he didn't force anybody to be on TV, in fact were paid a hefty sum of money; from $250,00 to $500,00!
Yes, your ego is bruised and Adam Carolla is a brilliant and a kind friend to (unwittengly) further engage your unprofessionalism and lack of ethics.
Fact- a mentally unstable patient who is actively in their 'addiction' cannot legally CONSENT to treatment.
Add-I'm only writing this because Dr Drew now (unknowingly) ruined my enjoyment of listening to The Adam Carolla podcast last night!
And to add insult to his already despicable EGO he had Michaeljlohan call in to vouch for his 'credibility'. Yep, it's a sad day when a known psychopathic felon and violent woman abuser is to be the voice of reason.
I agree. The "program" was never about rehabilitating the addicts. It was about the PROGRAM. As I understand the court order, Mindy was ordered to the facility. Without seeing the document, I can only assume this, but it makes sense from the verbiage that she was in grave danger of herself and was suicidal. This judge ordered her, involuntarily, to a mental healthcare facility. His foreboding words fell on deaf ears. Someone should be held accountable. She was there involuntarily. How did she leave AMA? The JUDGE ORDERED her there. These are questions an attorney would ask and I'm sure that judge has demanded to know.
Nikki

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

I will always be grateful to Celebrity Rehab for turning me on to Penny Flame's absolutely compelling body of work....
Nurse

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Nikki wrote:
I will always be grateful to Celebrity Rehab for turning me on to Penny Flame's absolutely compelling body of work....
Huh? Curious ...... Please explain.
so and so

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dr drew cant force people to get better. and so what he ruined your podcast, you will get over it
hun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Nurse wrote:
No one "failed" Mindy, she was a self-centered drug-addict who made a selfish choice to end HER suffering, and never give a thought to the immeasurable pain she was inflicting on her own children.

Suicide is a very SELFISH choice.

Let's stop trying to find someone else to blame and stop putting these people so high on a pedestal.

Yes I feel sorry for her, but I feel MORE sorry for those innocent babies she abandoned who have been given a life sentence of wondering why their Mother did not love them enough.

We need to stop idolizing these people and maybe others would not see suicide as an "answer".

Get a clue...If her own children wasn't enough to save her, there's not a lot that Dr Drew or anyone else could have done.
Freud

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

She didnt have to murder her dog, too.
Thank God those 2 children were removed before.........well, my prayers are with them.
Did they finish the investigation into the cause of death of her 'soul mate'?
Something's not right there.
McCready was Court-ordered by a Judge to enter an in-patient facility. She was deemed a danger to herself or others, suicidal, and/or GRAVELY DISABLED!
But, She left within 24 hours?
Did she leave AMA? or was she AWOL?
'Emergency Hospitalization for Evaluation Assisted Psychiatric Treatment' in Arkansas was in place;
--ARK. CODE ANN. 20-47-210(a)
--Whenever it appears that a person is of danger to himself or herself or others, as defined in 20-47-207, and immediate confinement appears necessary to avoid harm to the person or others ...
And she was deemed gravely disabled, and a danger to self and others!
Something's not right here!
Ironic, I didn't even know who she was until that seizure episode on VH1 Celebrity Rehab. They showed it over and over and over again, and sometimes in slow motion, for the dramatic effects I guess.
Good Times
Nurse

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Why doesn't the 'good doctor' educate the public about the FACTS of this case, and use it as a 'teachable moment', instead of defending his EGO and asking past (paid) rehab patients; "Do you think I exploited you" ?
Hey DR Drew, this isn't about YOU!
And I'm ROFL at his prized example (aka-Michael J Lohan), who responded to the query as to wether he felt exploited with a dramatic...... "Absolutley not"!
But, omg Drew wastes no time and quickly feigns concern by exploiting ML's daughter LL.........."I'm just thinking about his daughter, LIndsay , and she's not sober now"....
Exploitation?
Of course he just proved himself by talking about LL, who's not his patient, never been his patient, and has no RIGHT as an MD to speak about her!
But, her daddy dearest jumps in; "The signs are there, lindsay and I had it out on the phone the other night, you wouldn't believe how bad she sounded, I even set up an intervention last year......blah blah blah.
Doesn't ML have a newborn son to exploit now? And with his DV victim who charged assault and had a PO against him when she was allegedly impregnated by ML.
Dang, KM was even heard on DR life changers saying 'he raped me' after " he tied me up". And the good doctor didn't intervene, and now KM and ML are caring for an infant together? Where is the extended care for this accident waiting to happen to the innocent newborn ?
Good Times.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Heber Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 11 min BARNEYII 29,492
Heber court? Advice please! 1 hr One who knows 2
Casey G 3 hr barbiestar 5
School Safety 4 hr American Patriot 7
White unarmed young person shot by black cop! 5 hr slacker 2
Blacks rioting and looting Missouri town 5 hr Mom7 19
heber schools 8 hr American Patriot 18

Search the Heber Springs Forum:
•••
•••