Wendy's coming to Heber!

Posted in the Heber Springs Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Richard Stevenson

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Feb 9, 2013
We are breaking ground March, 10th on the latest addition to the North Central AR Wendy's franchise!! Right here in Heber Springs! Look for us remodeling on the main drag (Old Larry's Pizza building). We hope to be open by the middle of May!!
o ya

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Sweet! Finally something new in town!

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Why going down town? More traffic on hwy 25 North!
Richard Stevenson

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
Why going down town? More traffic on hwy 25 North!
It will be on 25 North. The old Larry's Pizza building by Walmart.

Heber Springs, AR

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Richard Stevenson wrote:
We are breaking ground March, 10th on the latest addition to the North Central AR Wendy's franchise!! Right here in Heber Springs! Look for us remodeling on the main drag (Old Larry's Pizza building). We hope to be open by the middle of May!!
When will you start taking applications?
only

Little Rock, AR

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Wendy's is good but it's third on my list!! I look forward to eating there!! We really don't need another fast food place we need a real restaurant like outback, shorty small, Golden Corral, chili's, Colton's. something like that.

United States

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Awesome. Wendys is better than any burger joint fast food we have in town. Perfect spot too that building has been waiting on y'all!
Big Shot

Heber Springs, AR

#8 Feb 10, 2013
I think part of the reason we don't see any interest from many high or mid-level restaurant chains outside of Little Rock, Hot Springs or Fayetteville is due to this being a dry county. Many of their business models include bar and beverage sales. It's really ironic that this area has just as much alcohol consumption and related crime per capita than any other wet areas of the nation... but yet continue with this old blind concept that prohibition is protecting something in this area. If modernization is desired maybe emerging from the stone-age culturally might be worth considering.

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Big Shot wrote:
I think part of the reason we don't see any interest from many high or mid-level restaurant chains outside of Little Rock, Hot Springs or Fayetteville is due to this being a dry county. Many of their business models include bar and beverage sales. It's really ironic that this area has just as much alcohol consumption and related crime per capita than any other wet areas of the nation... but yet continue with this old blind concept that prohibition is protecting something in this area. If modernization is desired maybe emerging from the stone-age culturally might be worth considering.
Never happen, every time a business closes a church opens up in its place. To many "let me tell you what god did for me today" people in this town. Just think about the amount of money pulled out of the economy every Sunday in this town. Unbelievable!!!!! Don't get me wrong I believe in God but this isn't the Dark Ages, we left them many centuries ago. JMHO
Big Shot

Heber Springs, AR

#10 Feb 10, 2013
I've lived in other areas of the country and seems the churches flourish and do quite well economically with legal alcohol sales in their area. Same denominations that we have here too!!
Richard Stevenson

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Feb 10, 2013
There will come a day when Cleburne becomes wet. Possibly within 10 years.. For now, there would be too many empty tables for a Chilis or Outback. But the day will come. My Wendy's chain will be the best fast food restaurant in town! Tell em Big Dick Stevenson sent ya!

Heber Springs, AR

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Richard Stevenson wrote:
There will come a day when Cleburne becomes wet. Possibly within 10 years.. For now, there would be too many empty tables for a Chilis or Outback. But the day will come. My Wendy's chain will be the best fast food restaurant in town! Tell em Big Dick Stevenson sent ya!
Do you know when you will start taking applications for employment?
joc

United States

#13 Feb 10, 2013
The chillis in Searcy ranked number 1 in the state of Arkansas 2 years ago in total revenue, and consistantly ranks in the top 10 in the state among other chillis restaurants despite the fact that they don't serve alcohol. The manager said they have a good thing going without selling it and if they pushed for selling it, they might lose more customers than they would gain. So a dry county is no excuse.
Richard Stevenson

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Feb 10, 2013
30,000 people versus 7500...
joc

United States

#15 Feb 10, 2013
Good point.
Richard Stevenson

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Feb 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know when you will start taking applications for employment?
Not yet
only

Little Rock, AR

#17 Feb 10, 2013
Good point!! In the summer time this town turns into 100,000. I know it seems crazy but 4 mo out of the yr is when this town makes its profit and it makes very little profit the rest of the months!! That's why it has to be a good restaurant to stay afloat!! I promise if a major food chain would move in they would be severely shocked and amazed at how much a town of 7500 would do! It would keep up with the bigger towns!! You will see mr Wendy's!! Just don't let the opening summer months make you think it's always gonna be that away, business does slow down drastically in the off season here!!
Mark

Heber Springs, AR

#18 Feb 10, 2013
A good restaurant that stayed open later like 10 on weeknights and 11 or 12 on Friday and Saturday would do well. The only choices now are fast food and The Smokehouse which is not the greatest atmosphere. Also, people who go to church on Wednesday and Sunday nights like to get together after church and there's no good place here.
Trudy

Heber Springs, AR

#19 Feb 10, 2013
It would be nice for 24 hrs on weekends I work night shift so dinner is McDonald's all weekend long or candy and chips out of the vending machine
notbuyingit

Jacksonville, AR

#20 Feb 10, 2013
What is the name of your franchise group?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heber Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity comes from Paganism 19 hr Blue-EyedBlondie 3
meet for casual relations 19 hr Blue-EyedBlondie 5
justin seaman (May '13) 22 hr Mary 34
Alicia Brand 23 hr guest 5
Drugs in our schools..... Sun mossy seaman 9
sheriff Sun guest 3
felicia seaman Sun crush 1
Heber Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Heber Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?