spotted a mountainlion
hunter

Portland, TX

#1 Dec 18, 2012
they are becoming more common here in south texas. Got to see one a month ago, wow was that cat big! im not talking about a bobcat, im talking about the ones that take down deers like nobodys business. HAs anyone seen one here in hebronville?
Yup

Victoria, TX

#2 Dec 18, 2012
hunter wrote:
they are becoming more common here in south texas. Got to see one a month ago, wow was that cat big! im not talking about a bobcat, im talking about the ones that take down deers like nobodys business. HAs anyone seen one here in hebronville?
I saw on facebook out on a ranch that one had been killing there goats. So im guessing yes!
lol

Lockhart, TX

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Its el chupacabra
Avid Hunter

Mission, TX

#4 Dec 19, 2012
"Hunter", haven't seen any around Hebbron, but me and my hunting compadres spotted a foot print the size of ones own fist. That's definitely a mountain lion foot print. This is around the "El Sauz" area off of Hwy. 649. Not unless Chubaca is on the loose.
hunter

Portland, TX

#5 Dec 19, 2012
My brother and my good friend hunt in the Concepcion And Rios area. My friend has also seen and taken a picture of a foot print the size of a fist too.They have a deer blind out there, with a camera. They captured a picture of a mountainlion running pass the deerblind. And i have seen one on the outskirts of Kingsville, big cat walking through and jumped into the brush. Notthat there common, but they are definitly on the rise here in south texas. One of my favorite animals, but i wouldnt want to get eaten by one. lol.
Pretty sure

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Dec 26, 2012
I'm convinced I've spotted a couple near Hebbronville.3704
Calmado

United States

#7 Jan 1, 2013
Calmado, take it easy, don't take such big hits off the pipe. Those visions will show you are really seeing baby kitty's instead of lion's.
Kool Kat

Mission, TX

#8 Jan 11, 2013
Calmado wrote:
Calmado, take it easy, don't take such big hits off the pipe. Those visions will show you are really seeing baby kitty's instead of lion's.
Even if i were to take big hits off the pipe does not mean they are not there. I saw one slip off into the brush behind my feeder south of Freer about 6 years ago. I also saw what I think could have been one scooting low and fast across an opening in Kimble county two years ago but cannot verify what I saw. A few days ago I read an article that said they are in all areas of Texas and in pretty decent numbers. They just don't want everyone to panic so they stick to the "only in West Texas and the brush country" stuff.

“With Attitude”

Since: Jan 12

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Leave the mountain lions alone. They aren't hurting anyone. But chipmunks are a different story. They're mean & sneaky little boogers. They look all cute & pretend to be playing ~~ but that's an act, they're smart ~~ when they see you look away they swiftly gang up & attack. You're totally swarmed by them. They don't leave nothing. Not even your buttons. Where do you think all the missing people are that totally disappear every year? But chipmunks are so cute no one ever suspects them. They even sometimes do things to throw the blame onto things like mountain lions. Chipmunks are smart & sneaky.
El Cucuy

Mission, TX

#10 Feb 6, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
Leave the mountain lions alone. They aren't hurting anyone. But chipmunks are a different story. They're mean & sneaky little boogers. They look all cute & pretend to be playing ~~ but that's an act, they're smart ~~ when they see you look away they swiftly gang up & attack. You're totally swarmed by them. They don't leave nothing. Not even your buttons. Where do you think all the missing people are that totally disappear every year? But chipmunks are so cute no one ever suspects them. They even sometimes do things to throw the blame onto things like mountain lions. Chipmunks are smart & sneaky.
Mas chipmunk tries en el chiquito.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebbronville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Refinery 4 hr Duval or Jim Hogg 14
To the guy who got Briannah Solis from Freer PG 6 hr Smiling 2
Daniela de Leon 20 hr What 1
Internet Tue New service 4
Bruni Badgers (Dec '14) Dec 5 SMH 84
Whataburger Dec 2 Finally 2
Moya Dec 2 Gigi 14

Hebbronville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance